Author Topic: Blade Runner 1sh Studio  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Blade Runner 1sh Studio
« on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
Sooo, this one has been covered before but I can't seem to find pics for comparison.

There is apparently a bootleg Blade Runner Studio version. I have two Blade Runner one sheets, one rolled and one folded that I would like to verify if they are original or not. Both are identical so either I got hit twice with the bootleg or they are good. I am leaning towards good but unlike Star Wars have not spent WAY too much time learning to identify the fakes so can use some help. I have compared them to pics from the usual sites and they look good but I cannot find any closeups of the bootleg details for that final verification. Does anyone have any good shots of the original and bootlegs Studio US one sheet details for comparison?

Thanks
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Blade Runner 1sh Studio
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 09:08:27 PM »
post hi quality pictures of your posters and the first person that can tell will answer you about your posters.

I'd ask Dave for info pertaining to the bootleg.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:11:29 AM »
http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/cine_B.htm

Covered half way down this page.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
Dave's site doesn't have an image of the full size studio repro -- yes, they do exist at 27x41. I don't believe there are any obvious "tells". The main differences were details in the shadows and slight color differences. I have one stored away somewhere. I can dig it out after the holidays. If yours is an original I'd love to shoot both at the same time to do a definitive authentication.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 12:19:22 PM »
http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/cine_B.htm

Covered half way down this page.

Wow - all those pics appear to have been taken off from Mel's work a couple years ago (either off APF or his defunct website) based on this thread I started: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,3891.0.html 

Maybe Mel gave his blessing or Dave just 'preserved' them for posterity... 
Chris

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Dave's site doesn't have an image of the full size studio repro -- yes, they do exist at 27x41. I don't believe there are any obvious "tells". The main differences were details in the shadows and slight color differences. I have one stored away somewhere. I can dig it out after the holidays. If yours is an original I'd love to shoot both at the same time to do a definitive authentication.

That would be nice to have for both myself and others for future reference.

Will try and get pictures when I can of them. I had already done the comparison to Dave's and do not see anything tell tale saying it is not original but without the bootleg I cannot be 100% sure. Both my folded and rolled more closely match this rolled one linked here from Dave's site Rolled studio Blade Runner. The cropping is slightly different but it is a small left right shift that matches other originals from Dave's site as well, not a cropped and reused image missing the very edge like most bootlegs. The paper looks good, similar to others I have from the same year.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:51:10 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!