Author Topic: UK lobby Cards - Clint Eastwood  (Read 2219 times)

Mulvaney

UK lobby Cards - Clint Eastwood
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
Hello all,
Earlier in the year I sold some UK quads on behalf of my father and now I'm tasked with selling a few lobby cards he's had up the loft.
It won't be nearly as exciting as selling all those quads (or anywhere near as valuable) but I have 3 'A Fistful of Dollars' cards as well as 3 'The Good, The Bad And The Ugly' and 1, The Birds (all in good condition)

I also noticed something a bit odd with one of TGTBTU - in the bottom left corner, the title box isn't smooth and on closer inspection, the title is actually a sticker and underneath I can see its covering up a print error as the title underneath is 'For A Few Dollars More'. Does anyone who collects these know if that's a well known error?

Will try get photos up tonight/tomorrow

Thanks

Offline Charlie

• Collector
Re: UK lobby Cards - Clint Eastwood
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »
Hello all,
Earlier in the year I sold some UK quads on behalf of my father and now I'm tasked with selling a few lobby cards he's had up the loft.
It won't be nearly as exciting as selling all those quads (or anywhere near as valuable) but I have 3 'A Fistful of Dollars' cards as well as 3 'The Good, The Bad And The Ugly' and 1, The Birds (all in good condition)

I also noticed something a bit odd with one of TGTBTU - in the bottom left corner, the title box isn't smooth and on closer inspection, the title is actually a sticker and underneath I can see its covering up a print error as the title underneath is 'For A Few Dollars More'. Does anyone who collects these know if that's a well known error?

Will try get photos up tonight/tomorrow

Thanks

Not an error.  I have one:

I am interested in your cards - shoot me a pm when you have the images.  -Charlie
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:23:06 PM by Charlie »

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
I guess I should say this image is from GBU and that the original print box probably was in error.  I can't tell from emoviposters image but these may have been printed in error and then there may also be cards with the correct text box.

http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/archive_image.php?id=8733617

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
Would you still have a For a Few Dollars More quad?

Cheers.

Mulvaney

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »
@Charlie - Yes that's the exact same card with the 'error' - I can see the title through the sticker on yours too.

Pics of everything here: http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Mulvaney/library/

The Ghost of Frankenstein is still a bit of a mystery. Obviously early 40's film but somehow acquired from a cinema in the 60's. Reproduction? Some kind of retrospective?

@Simes - all quads sold unfortunately

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:19:58 PM »
As far as I know all those GBU cards have the sticker. I had about three sets - al the same. The film was released in the UK at the same time as FEW DOLLARS MORE, so they printed both sets at the same time, 'mixed up one image and corrected the mistake with a sticker...

What I REALLY would love to know is how the FISTFUL FOH cards looked like! All I see for 25 years know are those FOH sets with the blue credits. And they are always in mint condition. And they look so different to all my dozens and hundreds of United Artists FOH cards from the UK from the mid / late 60s. There must be an earlier set - or they didn't print a set at all for the first release in 1967. It's funny that I'm about the only one who ever noticed, cared or asked. After all it is one of THE 60s classics. I know many collector's in the UK, nobody has a guess at all...