Author Topic: Interstellar IMAX D/S  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Interstellar IMAX D/S
« on: December 07, 2016, 04:16:17 AM »
After an Interstellar IMAX D/S - if anyone has a spare or could point me in the right direction

Cheers
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Interstellar IMAX D/S
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 05:56:27 AM »
Did have a look, out of curiosity.

There seem to be variety of designs, or is it that the IMAX variant only sits on one design?

Aside from that, why is it this poster is not more freely available?  Even ebay seems devoid.

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 06:16:26 AM »
There are far fewer printed than the normal US One Sheet as they were printed by IMAX to be shown in selected IMAX cinemas only - Inception IMAX is another scarce one which is much much harder to find than the standard one sheet. Bruce has only sold the IMAX version for Inter. twice and Inception IMAX three times. Which shows how hard they are to find. Sadly this was before my time on the site or i would have tried to nab one there.
People on here say that modern day posters are printed in the zillions but i have seen about 100 Star Wars Style A's been sold in the last few months but have been unable to find either of those IMAX posters i am after. It seems that the studios are printing (for some movies anyway)far far less of one type of style. i have been looking for both posters for over 12 months - so i though a hail mary here might get me somewhere. Pic attached if interested

cheers

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 06:27:20 AM »
Ok, must admit these IMAX variants (now I know what these look like) are very similar to my area of interest (Bond) and these are similarly rare.

I had a right old game trying to acquire these 1 Sheet variants for the sake of my completism sickness.  But, acquired they were.  Albeit a white SPECTRE Coming Soon in IMAX is a bit creased.

To be honest, the UK Quad IMAX variants were also rare.  It is to be expected since there are fewer of these cinemas...

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 06:37:50 AM »
Unlucky for me the style like the most is always the most hardest to find - good to hear you got the lot, frustrating when you are just that one poster short of completing the set - i haven't come across the IMAX Spectre at all so its def in the same "hard to bloody find class" as my two wanted posters. thumbsup.gif

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »
There was a total of five IMAX 1 Sheets for SPECTRE between all the white, grey, Coming Soon and dated variants.

What makes it harder still to find these is that, at the time of most interest (the film's release), most ebay sellers decide to use a stock image, so there has to be much conversation back and forth to ensure they know what they are selling.

And, of course, one has to buy At The Time, as otherwise, they disappear...

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:43:02 AM »
I've also just recently come to realise the scarcity and collectability of IMAX 1-sheets. As Simes points out, a quick trigger finger at the time of the movie's release is essential.

My submission for endangered 1-sheets, and possibly one to add to your personal hit list, Damo; V for Vendetta.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
Absolutely adore that film.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »
Whoa, never seen that Vendetta Imax one sheet!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 04:47:05 AM »
 V for Vendetta is one of my far films i have all the other versions (thought i had them all) until now as i didn't know that existed - another poster to add to the "prob will never find" list. Thanks for the heads up on that version.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
V for Vendetta is one of my far films i have all the other versions (thought i had them all) until now as i didn't know that existed - another poster to add to the "prob will never find" list. Thanks for the heads up on that version.

Do you have the bus shelter with the art above minus the imax tagline?

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 04:14:09 AM »
Gday mate - i only collect one sheets/quads due to space requirements plus postage costs to Australia tend to be a bit high for that size. Cheers

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »
Do you have the bus shelter with the art above minus the imax tagline?

That's awesome. Adding that variant to my want list!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 01:10:28 AM »
That's awesome. Adding that variant to my want list!

Heres a picture or five of some Imax things I have: Very hard to come across any of these anymore if at all.

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 06:26:50 AM »
All wonderful posters, the V is outstanding - i was keen on the batman imax that was in bruce's last auction but the condition put me off a bit

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 06:45:12 AM »
I'm glad it did.  ;D

A few IMAX bus shelters I have.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:49:44 AM by skyjackers »

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 06:56:59 AM »
i saw you were bidding i tend not to bid against ppl on here unless i really want something - great poster enjoy. I am a bit of a condition freak. as well - nice imax posters, superman def the best image from that movie

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 07:08:50 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate you not bidding against me! My top was only $60 because of the condition. I figured I could pay more on ebay for maybe one in better condition but potentially get poor shipping etc so I'm happy with it for now.

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 07:22:34 AM »
Even at $60 it would have been a good price as its so rare - happy you are happy with it. I do the same sometimes i finally got a d/s Drive poster for a steal at $40 but the condition was only "good" but at least i have one - if a better condition one comes along at a good price ill grab that and sell the other one - if not no bother as i have one. i wasn't going to pay the $200 plus that ppl are asking for the D/S off ebay for a better condition copy. Make sure you add to lastest acquisitions when it comes in. Cheers

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 06:44:07 AM »
Inception IMAX, Batman -  The Dark Knight IMAX and V for Vendetta IMAX all acquired  - still need a interstellar, last on the wanted IMAX list. Was looking for those three for over a year and scored all three within a week at pretty good prices.