Author Topic: Lenticular errors  (Read 3076 times)

Offline digitalbeachbum

• Beginner
Lenticular errors
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »
I have two lenticular Monster House posters which were damaged. One has this sticky substance leaking from it. I was wondering if it would be possible to use two thin pieces of plexiglass to encase them to prevent further leakage and make them presentable.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Lenticular errors
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
"CALLING jedgerley, CALLING jedgerley!!  Lenticular emergency! Your help and guidance are needed -- STAT!"  ;D

Jason (jedgerley) should be able to help you with this, DBB.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
I have two lenticular Monster House posters which were damaged. One has this sticky substance leaking from it. I was wondering if it would be possible to use two thin pieces of plexiglass to encase them to prevent further leakage and make them presentable.
Good luck I have one in my living room that was framed until I noticed the glue dripping out of the frame and onto my couch lol. You may be able to incase it. I was considering using super glue to try to seal the edges?? I also have the bus shelter size one that loves to leak a bit as well blargh!
I guess encapsulating it could work but it would have to be really tight or the glue could wick along the lenticular lenses. Careful cleaning the glue off the inks are watersoluble and the white backing even gets tacky from water.

Offline digitalbeachbum

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »
Good luck I have one in my living room that was framed until I noticed the glue dripping out of the frame and onto my couch lol. You may be able to incase it. I was considering using super glue to try to seal the edges?? I also have the bus shelter size one that loves to leak a bit as well blargh!
I guess encapsulating it could work but it would have to be really tight or the glue could wick along the lenticular lenses. Careful cleaning the glue off the inks are watersoluble and the white backing even gets tacky from water.

I enjoy the lenticulars but damn I didn't know they had an habit of leaking. Strange they didn't design them better.
I recently saw the video on youtube "how to make lenticular posters".
Very interesting viewing.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:12:38 PM »
I have only had a problem with Monster House. None of my other titles have ever leaked. I have had about 6 Monsterhouses and only one has been totally fine.

Heres a link to my collection thread:
http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7422.0.html

And here is a crappy vid I made.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fBhnFcb5TlI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fBhnFcb5TlI</a>

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »
Some fine looking crap there J thumbsup.gif

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »
Cool video, Jason.
 cheers

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 03:38:13 PM »
Thanks its kinda crappy cuz I took the pics and videos in vertical. Wasn't planning on making a video for youtube at the time I took the photos and vid. And then I accidentally darkened the video.
Best viewed at hi res on youtube.

Offline digitalbeachbum

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
One poster I always wanted was a Pirates of the Caribbean which had a skull and cross bones. The lenticular was with no other writing other than a date at the bottom and you could only find these at Circuit City.

I tried to buy it for $300 but they wouldn't sell it. They told me that the manager was under strict orders to put it in the shredder. I told the guy I would pay more and that I would come by late at night with cash. However he still wouldn't do it.

I then found one years later, on Youtube. It's the only one I've ever seen.

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 06:06:22 AM »
That is one cool Lenticular shame he wouldn't sell you one
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »
P.S. Digital I took that video and that is the UK release and not used at Circuit City or Tower Records.
Though those are similar