Author Topic: December 2016  (Read 27717 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
December 2016
« on: December 03, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »
I think this early December haul from T has half the month covered already.  ;D  Some really nice stuff in that mix!  clap

Received some 40 posters yesterday.  A pretty good haul.  Nothing out of this world, but some items I wanted for a while.

T

-Jeff

Offline dpcarlson

• Beginner
Re: December 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 02:44:59 PM »
Here's a Japanese tatekan I just scored for Sam Fuller's film noir HOUSE OF BAMBOO (1955.)  Interestingly, this is one of the earliest Hollywood films to shoot on-location in Tokyo, so I've been looking for this foreign poster for a while...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/467389267562977698/

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:57:13 PM by erik1925 »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:04:16 PM »
Finally can say I have something nice on what may be the paragon of film noir:

Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 10:21:53 PM »
NICE, Chris. Is that a half sheet?

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 08:59:20 AM »

Here are a few to help get the month started.

Nothing to break down the door, but some welcome additions none-the-less.

Pet Cemetery

Iron Eagle

Rosemary's Baby : Mondo screen printed release. I have a fondness for most anything Rosemary's Baby related, so this was a no brainer. Love the lines and apect of this art by Jonathan Burton.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:38 PM »
Burton's Rosemary's Baby is very nice, Chris.
Cool piece of art for a great film.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 01:43:53 AM »
I've never seen Iron Eagle, but in just looking at the poster, was it sort of a Top Gun rip-off?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:45:06 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 08:20:20 AM »

Thanks, Ted!

Jeff, it capitalized on the success of Top Gun, but it's not really a rip-off. I picked it up because of the found memories I have of that movie as a kid, and being into jets and fighter planes in general at that time in my life.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
Thanks, Chris. The look of the poster had me thinking it might have taken quite a bit from the TG flicker. Good to know. And even more important is that the movie and now the poster hold fond childhood memories for you.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
Thanks, Ted!

Jeff, it capitalized on the success of Top Gun, but it's not really a rip-off. I picked it up because of the found memories I have of that movie as a kid, and being into jets and fighter planes in general at that time in my life.

Nice, birds of a feather, right there with you!
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »

You've all heard me whine about losing many classic movie posters to a few unscrupulous dealers way back when. 
Now, as I enter my 50th year as a movie poster collector, I am going to focus on finding replacements for those I miss the most. 
This week, I scored two.

This 1962 Day of the Triffids one-sheet just arrived and it is virtually as spotless as the pic above -- no tack holes, no tears, no separations... nothing.
I'd show you my pics but Photobucket is on another fucking bender.
Been struggling with that damn site for the last half-hour.
Here are some hotlinked ebay pics from the seller.

My second replacement poster (from a different seller) should be here by Thursday or Friday.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »
Looks fantastic, Ted! Great condition. And one to check off the LONG awaited replacement list.  woohoo

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Thanks Jeff.
I'm quite freaking happy!
 woohoo

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »
That is fantastic poster, Ted. Congratulations. I have such fond memories of that film, watching it on TV with my Dad when I was young.

Also, the only thing better than a fantastic poster is a fantastic poster in great condition!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »

Man, that thing looks great, Ted. Congrats on another beautiful score!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
I've been wanting one of those, congratulations  thumbsup.gif

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
Excellent stuff Ted, and as you say, amazing condition.

Can't wait to see the next one now.... Friday maybe Eh.. pcorn
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »
Thanks movie poster maniacs!
The one I used to have was tacked on my bedroom wall beside my One Million Years BC poster for years.
I bought it from Fred Clarke (Cinefantastique) for $1.50 (those were the days).
It got dirty and faded, torn in a few spots... nothing like this pristine beauty I just received.
I couldn't be happier.
 cheers

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 09:51:46 PM »
Jeff Iron Eagle is a good movie, but my opinion might be a bit biased since it was one of my favorite movies as a kid......Also that post of T's haul is pretty great. I want the Red White and Blue Halloween Quad!!!!! It goes with the 1 out of 4 Double Crowns I won a few months back.

Ted Triffids is Cherry!!!!  Congrats. I also took note of your approval of the Thai Dead and Buried. I seriously need to update my site. The online horror section has around 35 posters, when in reality I have around 100.....
This Space For Rent!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »
Ted Triffids is Cherry!!!!  Congrats. I also took note of your approval of the Thai Dead and Buried. I seriously need to update my site. The online horror section has around 35 posters, when in reality I have around 100.....

Well damn, Chris, you gotta get on that update so we can see what new you got.
 cheers

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:40 AM »
got a few things today, but this is the best.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 12:24:48 AM »
Thats a Great looking poster, Ari. Love the intense colors and the ant imagery, too. Bravo!  thumbsup.gif

How's the movie? I would think good since it was directed by Werner Herzog.

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »
you have to like Herzog, which I think is usually a case of LOVE or HATE, but I happen to LOVE, so I think its GREAT!

;D

PS- yeah its day-glo goodness.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 01:07:02 AM »
Nice poster Ari, I really like the colors as well and I'm a big Herzog fan myself.  I also really like the HOUSE OF BAMBOO Japanese poster and think it's a great film to watch, especially the ending.  I don't get jealous of too many things but that DETOUR has got me going! I love the all the promotional material for it but it's always out of my financial reach whenever I see any listed.

Here's a fun Thai poster for HARDLY WORKING.  I've never seen the film and hear it's not good but you'd never know by the look of this poster.

HARDLY WORKING Thai Movie Poster
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:10:41 AM by mwright »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 01:38:16 AM »
Hokey smokes (to quote Rocky & Bullwinkle), boy did I blow it AGAIN by not setting up the notify thing for this month. Why do i always DO that (probably because I always post my 1st of the month post on the END of the previous month perhaps?)...but wow! Wow! WOW!!!  Look at all of the goodies!

Here's a Japanese tatekan I just scored for Sam Fuller's film noir HOUSE OF BAMBOO (1955.)  Interestingly, this is one of the earliest Hollywood films to shoot on-location in Tokyo, so I've been looking for this foreign poster for a while...

Cool. What IS this tatekan bad boy, dpcarlson? Like an insert? Bigger? I don't know much about Japanese posters, but this is cool. I like the flair at the top. is it in two pieces? Nice.

CHRIS, congratulations. Me likes this one, too. I also like the name of the top billed actress...ANN SAVAGE. Ha! I wonder who she was. Never saw the movie...

Here are a few to help get the month started.

Nothing to break down the door, but some welcome additions none-the-less.

CHRIS Oooo I'm not quite hip as to what the Mondo stuff is exactly...but I do like your ROSEMARY'S BABY. Keep going. You are doing super great!

You've all heard me whine about losing many classic movie posters to a few unscrupulous dealers way back when. 
Now, as I enter my 50th year as a movie poster collector, I am going to focus on finding replacements for those I miss the most. 
This week, I scored two.

This 1962 Day of the Triffids one-sheet just arrived and it is virtually as spotless as the pic above -- no tack holes, no tears, no separations... nothing.

My second replacement poster (from a different seller) should be here by Thursday or Friday.

Holy crap, TED!  That is AWESOME. You da man! I saw you mentioning this poster elsewhere on here...which lead me to look in here. Dang dude! That is STUN-O-RAMA gorgeous! Oooooo... major jealous!  But what is the 2nd poster you mentioned? Hmm. Why the mystery?   CONGRATS, pal!

got a few things today, but this is the best.

Hey ARI. That is a super fun piece. The colors just pop all over the place! COOL!  It takes place in Australia, huh? Do YOU know where the green ants dream? Fun.

Here's a fun Thai poster for HARDLY WORKING.  I've never seen the film and hear it's not good but you'd never know by the look of this poster.

MIKE, Thai posters are just so cool---even for titles which aren't exactly on anyone's radar like this one. WOW! LOVE it. Thanks for sharing.

Good job everyone.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!