Author Topic: WTD: Zodiac "Taxi" 1 sheet  (Read 23514 times)

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
WTD: Zodiac "Taxi" 1 sheet
« on: October 26, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »
Hello all,

My first post on the site, might as well make it a wanted post  :)

On the hunt for the Zodiac "Taxi" 1 sheet variant.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of this poster? Better yet, does anyone have one that they don't mind parting with? I've seen it as a UK quad, but never as a 1 sheet.

Best regards,
Brian

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: WTD: Zodiac "Taxi" 1 sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:54:24 AM »
It does exist, double sided UK one sheet. I don't have one for sale, but good luck in your hunt.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »
 welcome1, Brian, and good luck on tracking a copy down.

Enjoy the forum, too!

-Jeff

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:14 AM »
Thanks for the swift responses and well wishes, guys. This is my kind of forum!

This poster seems impossible to find; ironic given the movie.

But at least I now have confirmation of it's existence out there!  :)

Thanks again. The hunt continues

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:09 AM »
Emovie has sold a few - i missed out on the last one - great poster i am still on the lookout as well

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/ZODIAC/sort/14/archive.html

- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 05:46:40 AM »
Thanks Damo, emovieposter seems promising. It appears we'll be waiting some time before another one pops up on there though  :(

Hope you can find one, too!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
Brian,
Have you thought about showing of your collection in the Monthly Aquisitions threads or the Show Off Your Collection section?

Good luck with the hunt!

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 03:39:19 AM »
Brian,
Have you thought about showing of your collection in the Monthly Aquisitions threads or the Show Off Your Collection section?

Good luck with the hunt!

Hey man, I follow your collection on Instagram.

Definitely will eventually. Very small collection in comparison to yours and many on this site haha

Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm still hunting for The Revenant style c that I saw on your page. Drop me a note if you spot one for sale. Do you recall where you found yours? I've never seen that version on eBay or emovie.

Brian

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words and for following the Instagram feed. I'm trying to spruce it up here lately with some better presentation of what I post.

I believe I got that Tom Hardy off the bay.. do you know how to setup alerts for eBay? If I'm really on the lookout for something, I'll set one up and it usually works out pretty good for me.

My collection is meager to say the least, but I'm not in it for the numbers. I just collect what I want when I can.

Are you just getting into collecting? What got you started?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Out of curiosity, I had a look through all the sites I have saved, and usually, things pop up.

But on this occasion, I have drawn a complete blank....

Why is this?  Double sided suggest modernity, relatively speaking.  Did it get a release in just the one solitary theatre / cinema?

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »
Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words and for following the Instagram feed. I'm trying to spruce it up here lately with some better presentation of what I post.

I believe I got that Tom Hardy off the bay.. do you know how to setup alerts for eBay? If I'm really on the lookout for something, I'll set one up and it usually works out pretty good for me.

My collection is meager to say the least, but I'm not in it for the numbers. I just collect what I want when I can.

Are you just getting into collecting? What got you started?

Hey man, yeah I've been noticing some stylistic differences between your recent posts and your earlier pics. I actually enjoyed both formats to be honest; it's just as satisfying to see the posters from a slight angle as it is to see them head-on in a more professional manner. Either way, I think they look sweet!

Yeah I've been using eBay alerts for a while now, but for some reason that style never seems to pop up. I remember when the movie first came out they were everywhere. Not so much these days.

I initially got into collecting alternate posters from mondo, alamo drafthouse etc. But it became a lot more satisfying for me pursue original one sheets, especially double sided ones for my lightboxes. I typically try to find the rarer styles and variants to keep it interesting.

Your timeline has really opened my eyes to some amazing international single-sided gems, though. Your Italian "The Lobster" print and that Hungarian 2001 poster are two that caught my eye.

Hey I've been meaning to ask you; that 1-sheet storage file/box I've seen on your Instagram, is that something you built yourself?

Out of curiosity, I had a look through all the sites I have saved, and usually, things pop up.

But on this occasion, I have drawn a complete blank....

Why is this?  Double sided suggest modernity, relatively speaking.  Did it get a release in just the one solitary theatre / cinema?

Hey Simes,

Damo had a look through emovieposter archives and discovered a few that were sold at auction over the years.

They do exist, just somewhat rare in comparison to the other styles.

Thanks for having a look for me  :) What are your go-to websites for posters?

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 08:22:20 AM »
Chris - what's your instagram name? I dig your collecting taste and am always happy to follow new folk and see pretty posters.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

Brian,

It's pretty awesome to hear that I've helped encourage your enthusiasm for the hobby. I've actually started grabbing a few of the Mondo, Grey Matter Art, etc., type posters here lately. There's a bunch out there that I like, but the competitive nature of the very limited edition prints is somewhat of a turnoff. I understand the allure of limited prints, but it would be nice if they had variants that were numbered and a 'regular' print at continuous run.  Being beat to ordering a print I like, by people trying to flip them drives me crazy, and I have a hard time paying 3 to 5 times retail for them.

I also enjoy finding 'different' poster art... I've tried to refocus my collecting on one sheets for the time being, but The Lobster was one of my favorite films of the year, so I've scooped up a bunch of different art from it, including that Italian 1p. That 2001 is the pride of my collection (and cost me the most I've ever spent on a poster). I've only ever seen one photo of the same actual poster.

I've used to different filing files/boxes on my account. Both were store bought. The traditional file folder off of amazon, and the archival box from Bags Unlimited. I can shoot you links if you're interested.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »
Chris - what's your instagram name? I dig your collecting taste and am always happy to follow new folk and see pretty posters.

Tob,

Appreciate it! You can give me a follow at: @filmpostercult on Instagram.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »
Tob,

Appreciate it! You can give me a follow at: @filmpostercult on Instagram.

Very nice collection, Chris.
I like your taste in movies and paper, so I'm a-following.
 cheers

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »
Very nice collection, Chris.
I like your taste in movies and paper, so I'm a-following.
 cheers

Thank you, Ted!

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 01:53:46 AM »
Brian,

It's pretty awesome to hear that I've helped encourage your enthusiasm for the hobby. I've actually started grabbing a few of the Mondo, Grey Matter Art, etc., type posters here lately. There's a bunch out there that I like, but the competitive nature of the very limited edition prints is somewhat of a turnoff. I understand the allure of limited prints, but it would be nice if they had variants that were numbered and a 'regular' print at continuous run.  Being beat to ordering a print I like, by people trying to flip them drives me crazy, and I have a hard time paying 3 to 5 times retail for them.

I also enjoy finding 'different' poster art... I've tried to refocus my collecting on one sheets for the time being, but The Lobster was one of my favorite films of the year, so I've scooped up a bunch of different art from it, including that Italian 1p. That 2001 is the pride of my collection (and cost me the most I've ever spent on a poster). I've only ever seen one photo of the same actual poster.

I've used to different filing files/boxes on my account. Both were store bought. The traditional file folder off of amazon, and the archival box from Bags Unlimited. I can shoot you links if you're interested.

Hey Chris,

Yeah I know exactly what you mean in regards to the inflation with the prints from mondo. I think your idea would be ideal. On occasion they do timed releases with a print being available to order over a few days; and a variant that they might release at a later date or at MondoCon. But typically it's just the luck of the draw or eBay.
Sometimes artists release their own AP's through their personal websites; so that may be a possible workaround for having to pay the exorbitant prices on eBay. If you enjoy the artwork of a particular artist you can follow them on Instagram or Twitter, and I've found that they typically sell off AP's of posters that were sold through mondo, at least once or twice a year.

Yeah I really enjoyed The Lobster. I've been hunting for the Rachel Weisz variant, but I don't think that was ever released as a one sheet. Best I could find were the folded single-sided French versions.
I'm definitely going to get one of those Italian prints. I found a seller on 'ebay.it' that sells 3 different sizes. Is that the same seller you went to for yours?

Man I saw that 2001 poster on Marquee Poster's website. Extraordinary poster! And extraordinarily out of my budget at the moment haha. Congrats on snagging that. Do you think you'll ever frame it? I've noticed most of your pieces are flat filed away securely; in fact I don't recall seeing any framed posters on your feed.

Thanks for the tip about the storage solutions. I've had a look at Bags Unlimited and I believe I've found it. But I couldn't seem to find the file folder on Amazon. If you wouldn't mind sharing that link, that would be great!  :)

Brian

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 10:33:45 AM »
Brian,

I actually just picked up my first two APs. I grabbed these two when they went on sale the other day on the artist's site, looking forward to see what the foil/chrome effect looks like in person. I'll posts some pics when I the show up.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/228518#
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/228725#

As far as the Lobster goes, I believe you're right. I don't think there was ever a Weisz one sheet. There was some paper that had both images on it, her and him. I think it was the UK quad. Might be the same guy as far as the Italian 1p goes... he was from Italy if I recall correctly. I picked up that one and the Inglorious Basterds 1p in the same swoop.

Yeah man, that 2001 was one of my unicorns. It was out of my budget league as well, but when it came up I knew that finding it again would be a stab in the dark, so I went for it. It's actually the only one of my posters I have framed. It's in my office. I'm probably going to frame that Stan & Vince Creature print here soon as well. My boys have a small poster collection and we have a few of theirs framed in their bedroom and playroom.

Here is the link to the folders... they are what I used almost exclusively until I picked up the storage boxes. They are straight cardboard so I permanently lined them with acid free tissue paper to make them a bit more friendly. Now I just use them to flatten rolled posters before I box them, and for carting posters around the house for photographing or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Offex-Flat-Storage-File-Folders/dp/B008M28852/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1478705457&sr=8-12&keywords=offex+storage+file

Hope that helps! Chris
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:34:57 AM by Chris9000 »

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 09:46:08 AM »
Brian,

I actually just picked up my first two APs. I grabbed these two when they went on sale the other day on the artist's site, looking forward to see what the foil/chrome effect looks like in person. I'll posts some pics when I the show up.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/228518#
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/228725#

As far as the Lobster goes, I believe you're right. I don't think there was ever a Weisz one sheet. There was some paper that had both images on it, her and him. I think it was the UK quad. Might be the same guy as far as the Italian 1p goes... he was from Italy if I recall correctly. I picked up that one and the Inglorious Basterds 1p in the same swoop.

Yeah man, that 2001 was one of my unicorns. It was out of my budget league as well, but when it came up I knew that finding it again would be a stab in the dark, so I went for it. It's actually the only one of my posters I have framed. It's in my office. I'm probably going to frame that Stan & Vince Creature print here soon as well. My boys have a small poster collection and we have a few of theirs framed in their bedroom and playroom.

Here is the link to the folders... they are what I used almost exclusively until I picked up the storage boxes. They are straight cardboard so I permanently lined them with acid free tissue paper to make them a bit more friendly. Now I just use them to flatten rolled posters before I box them, and for carting posters around the house for photographing or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Offex-Flat-Storage-File-Folders/dp/B008M28852/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1478705457&sr=8-12&keywords=offex+storage+file

Hope that helps! Chris

Hey Chris,

Those foil prints look awesome. I especially like the 2001 and the central monolith element. Looking froward to seeing them when they arrive! Are there any other 2001 prints you're eyeing? BFI released a fairly simple quad poster a couple of years back, but I've always liked it. I'll attach an image down below.

Thats true, the uk quad version of the lobster has both of them on there; that might be the next best thing. And yes I think that might be the same dealer that I found on eBay, I'll see how that goes, cheers.

Yeah sometimes you just have to not think about it and buy those grail pieces! I'm glad you have it framed :)

Was the creature print from a seller on eBay a few months ago? I remember someone was selling it for a fairly reasonable starting price and I was keeping my eye on it, too. They're usually quite pricey! Would look really cool in a kid's room.

Thanks for the link to the flat file, man. It's time I stepped up my storage game haha

Brian

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »

Hey man,

I've seen that 2001, and like you said it's simple but effective. I'll probably grab it one day if I can.

I grabbed that Creature print from Expresso Beans, for a price I considered alright. It still eats me up that I had to pay what I did for it though. I was on Mondo and attempted to order it within the same minute it dropped, but by time it I got through the checkout process it has sold out...I was furious, but that's how it goes.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
Hello,

I might have the aussie one sheet, which features the same art.
Single sided and folded though.
If you are interested, drop me a message and I will rummage around.
Ves

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »
Hello,

I might have the aussie one sheet, which features the same art.
Single sided and folded though.
If you are interested, drop me a message and I will rummage around.

Hey there,

Thanks for this. I was actually looking for a DS rolled version, sorry I should have specified in my original post; rookie mistake!

I appreciate your reply, though.

Proving to be a very difficult piece to get my hands on!

Thanks again :)

Brian

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:28:38 AM »
Have you located one yet? I have not….the search continues. If one comes up on EMP we might have to flip a coin for it otherwise we will send the price sky high haha

Offline BriansPosters

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 08:16:40 AM »
Have you located one yet? I have not….the search continues. If one comes up on EMP we might have to flip a coin for it otherwise we will send the price sky high haha

Hey man,

Still searching unfortunately! Yeah I'm guessing EMP is eventually going to be the place it surfaces.

Flipping a coin might be a good idea. Otherwise it would probably end up on the "OMG, LOL, WTF" section of the forum haha

Let me know if you find one for yourself. Seems like one of those posters that were abundant at the time of the movie's release, but has since virtually disappeared!

Brian

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 04:39:35 AM »
No luck yet i am hoping one of us comes across someone that has two for sale. I spoke to a dealer in the UK he said that upon release the quad  printed in far more numbers than the one sheet. I know of a few places to get the quad but the "reviews" writing which is all over the poster wreaks it for me. He told me they were around but not nearly in the same numbers as a standard release. He is on the lookout for us.