Author Topic: Cutting the collection down  (Read 29501 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Cutting the collection down
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »
Due to some family/financial issues that have arisen lately I will be selling off some of my posters to try and help out. While doing this I will be posting here and on E-Bay. Pretty much anything for sale is best offer, some at reasonable prices some at Cinemasterpieces prices if I really like the pieces. If there is something in my collection that you remember me having and you are interested in it feel free to inquire and I will let you know if it is on the chopping block. I am starting off with cutting the price of the Star Wars trailer, a British Quad Proof at half the price of Mr. Lieberman and a few other items. As I photograph and list them I will post here. There will be some really rare stuff from movies to war and propaganda posters and some not so rare with prices from $10 to $$$$A LOT. If anyone wants anything I am selling backed, I can do that too, just let me know and I can get you a price on it. My before and afters speak for themselves pretty well.

STUFF FOR SALE

Backing before and after:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:04:40 AM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Cutting the collection down
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:15:55 AM »
Gosh!  Can't believe you're selling Spirit of America.

Good luck with whatever is necessitating this sale.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »
Thanks.

Just using it as a before/after example in case anyone wants something backed. It is on the only as last resort list, it's just too dang pretty. I am a big fan of Flagg with this one I feel being one of his best.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:41:16 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 07:19:59 PM »
Sorry to hear times are tight!

Just to be sure I read that right, you'll be posting your for sale items here and on eBay, correct? Will you be posting links to your eBay listings here as well if so?

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
You are correct, I will be posting anything for sale here and if on E-Bay I will post links to the items here as well.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
Speaking of the Sith poster, it is sold.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »
Speaking of the Sith poster, it is sold.

No surprise there, it's a cool poster at a good price.  The Polish and Quad Jedis are good buys too.  A little surprised no one has bought them yet.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Star Wars Style C, Night of Living Dead One Sheets
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 05:01:08 PM »
Adding some more posters over the next few weeks as I continue to try and raise capital. Will put them here for my favorite people, the APFer's, first before moving them to E-Bay and or the great and powerful Bruce. There will be many more to come soon as well with more great rarities and even some not so rare.

1968 Night of the Living Dead One Sheet
1st up a nice original 1968 Night of the Living Dead one sheet. Poster was in good to very good condition prior to backing with a single staple hole per corner at the top and the usual light fold wear and a little scuffing here and there. No tears or major damage at all. One small separation at one of the fold edges on one side that did not go past the border if I remember right.
$1,100.00 obo - You can see a larger image of the poster at this link- Night of the Living Dead Poster

1977 Star Wars Style C One Sheet
One of my absolute favorite Star Wars posters of all time, the style C one sheet. This poster as you would all expect of me is guaranteed 100% to be original and not one of the bootlegs. No hairy backs on our princess here. Poster was in very good condition prior to backing with the usual fold wear, come on what did you expect from an original folded high gloss poster? Other than that there was one small tear in the right border that did not go past the white. No pin or tack holes. Real pretty poster that is skyrocketing in price.
$1,400.00 obo - You can see a larger image of the poster at this link- Star Wars Style C Poster

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:11:19 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Easy Rider Japanese B0
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:34 PM »
1968 Easy Rider Japanese B0 Poster

After doing a bunch of looking around I have found a total of three surviving copies of this poster so far including this example. Of all of those this one is hands down by far in the best shape. All of the others having had extensive damage or restoration due to missing pieces, staining, etc. This one is extremely nice for a poster of its age as you can see.

Anyway, original Japanese B0 in two pieces as original printed. Has a single vertical fold in both sections. The only damage to the poster is in the form of three small tears in the very bottom white border of the poster the longest of which is approximately a half in long. Other than that nothing of note at all with the exception of some minor handling marks from being rolled and unrolled as you would expect. Poster measures approximately 40.5"x58" when assembled. I can if someone really wanted back this for them of course but it in no way needs it and do not recommend it. $750 obo shipped inside the US or will work with anyone outside the US to keep the shipping as cost effective as possible of course.

Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Original Star Wars 1977 Advance Theatrical Trailer, 35mm Widescreen, Color...
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »
Yes it is back and reduced. Have had some decent offers on this one but not quite what will get me to part with it yet so will just put the flat out bottom line on it. $750 takes it shipped. If an Empire Strikes Back RR can sell for $200+ and other far less rare Star Wars trailers sell for more I think this one is more than worth that.

"One of the holy grails of Star Wars collectors, an original advance trailer for the first release of Star Wars. It is rarer than pretty much every poster, action figure and collectible out there. All I can say is search everywhere you can, you won't likely find another.

This trailer is a pre-release trailer and exceptionally rare, not the much more common later NSS trailer or 1981 re-release trailer. I do not know how many were made but when you consider that only 43 theaters opened with Star Wars on May 25th, 1977 you can bet very few were made and even fewer survived. The footage is even pre NSS review and rating application. The trailer is the full length version at approximately 2:00 minutes not the shorter version and is used but in excellent condition with what appears to be a single splice in the first few feet of footage professionally done which would not have been seen on screen anyway as it would be rolled onto the pick up reel. I did not see any other splices when examining it.

I have added some scans that I made for viewing here. The quality of the scans is terrible as I used a negative scanner that was not made for this type of film so the colors look off, they are not like this in real life. Any hairs you may see are from the scanner and not the trailer. As you will see in the images the trailer is the widescreen stereo version. Some of the great images that were used even include the dual between Darth Vader and Obi-wan where the lightsabers are still both white, no color added yet."

A video of another copy can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/v/vP_1T4ilm8M?fs=1&hl=en_US

Just bleach the bitch!

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »
Well if you're a massive Star Wars fan and collect the trailers, then this is surely the holy grail!
Hope you get what you want!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
Thanks Adam and good luck on your sales too!

Four more for today that will soon go to E-Bay or Bruce if not sold soon. Shipping in US is of course still free. Spend a bunch of money and I will throw in some neat bonuses to boot, they are a surprise though.

First off for the Goonie lovers in all of us, a rolled Goonies Hanging style one sheet. Poster if not for a few minor edge marks from handling would be in what I believe Bruce would grade it as fine or NM/M for the rest of us. As it is there are one or two small handling marks so it cannot get a true Minty grade and I will give it a solid Very Good to Fine or VF/NM. The handling marks are almost impossible to see but I am pretty strict on modern stuff so there you go. $225 obo shipped.

Now for some Japanese goodies!
Lets start small maybe with something rarely seen in even remotely good condition.

The sister to the Japanese Star Fall poster, the Yamakatsu B as I like to call it. It is a B2, roughly 20x28, artist unknown and almost as rare as the Star Fall but worth a whole lot less. Very good condition but does have some edge wear from shipping mostly visible on the right side. $150 obo.

Let's go big for the next one. Another poster that is very hard to find in any condition let alone decent condition. Photo Style the Empire Strikes Back Japanese B1 rolled in good to very good condition. It would be higher but it does have some edge wear in a couple of spots and a single tack hole in each corner. Still looks awesome though! $275 obo

Now for a little biggy, the sought after Seito! This is a B2 tri fold, roughly 20x28, in very good condition that would rate a fine if not for some very minor color breaking in a few spots on the folds. Not easy to see overall but there nonetheless. No pin holes, just pure Seito awesomeness and just stunning if you ask me. I bet Mark wishes he had those abs even back then! $225 obo

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:42:17 PM by erik1925 »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »
Once again, some really nice looking stuff you are offering, Mike.  cool1

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »
Once again, some really nice looking stuff you are offering, Mike.  cool1

+1.  Very nice, indeed.  And great photos.  Looks like you have a professional photography setup.

Good luck with the sales.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 08:31:05 PM »
Thank you both. The wife actually bought a light setup for her work so I am borrowing it. Need to move them a bit as there is still a little glare in the images from them. The steel wall I had set up for several years now for my restoration work and to photograph and document my collection. It will handle a three sheet or French 1P at most. The camera though believe it or not is my cell phone, the Google Pixel XL. It actually takes better pictures than my real digital camera. Admittedly it is not the best camera but I was still amazed the first time I tried it with posters.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 09:10:18 PM »
Very nice stuff, Mike.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
Thank you both. The wife actually bought a light setup for her work so I am borrowing it. Need to move them a bit as there is still a little glare in the images from them. The steel wall I had set up for several years now for my restoration work and to photograph and document my collection. It will handle a three sheet or French 1P at most. The camera though believe it or not is my cell phone, the Google Pixel XL. It actually takes better pictures than my real digital camera. Admittedly it is not the best camera but I was still amazed the first time I tried it with posters.

That Pixel smartphone is pretty darn impressive!  I've read some great reviews about it.   Many of the photo setups from folks here are inspiring.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 11:33:42 PM »
That Pixel smartphone is pretty darn impressive!  I've read some great reviews about it.   Many of the photo setups from folks here are inspiring.

I was very surprised myself. I had a Samsung Exploda Phone I mean Note 7 and had to replace it but was left with a very bad taste after the way it was all handled so left Samsung and thought I would sell my soul to Google and see how it went. So far I have had very few issues with it, no more than any other phone, and would recommend it to others. I just wish it had the stylus the Note had that is about it.

Bad news folks, or good news for me anyway. The Yamakatsu is SOLD. Come on folks buy the rest! Or make interesting offers at least.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:35:33 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline joemustang65

• Hobbyist
  • Nothing is new only forgotten (Tyla)
Cutting the collection down
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 05:58:41 PM »
Never payed a lot of attention to those Japanese SW posters, but do like the last one the Seito? Does this one come in a bigger size as well ?
(How much would shipping be to Belgium ?)
Do you have any old lithographic posters? Tourisme or pub ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:01:19 PM by joemustang65 »

Offline joemustang65

• Hobbyist
  • Nothing is new only forgotten (Tyla)
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »
Sorry doing something wrong.... plan was to correct previous post, but seems that I have been copying it instead ...hmmm

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 08:06:30 PM »
Never payed a lot of attention to those Japanese SW posters, but do like the last one the Seito? Does this one come in a bigger size as well ?
(How much would shipping be to Belgium ?)
Do you have any old lithographic posters? Tourisme or pub ?

Sorry no lithos at this time to sell.

The Seito actually comes in a B1 and B0 size as well, the B1 is around 29x40 and the B0 is around 40x58 or so. Both are pretty hard to some by these days.

I will be happy to get you a shipping quote for Belgium. If you would like to PM me your address I will get an exact quote to you.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 10:38:48 PM »
Correction, the Yamakatsu is still available.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 11:22:14 PM »
I'm so surprised no one has snagged those posters yet.  I'm actually thinking of getting the Seito B2.  I own the B1, but you know, completist...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 10:39:05 AM »
I'm so surprised no one has snagged those posters yet.  I'm actually thinking of getting the Seito B2.  I own the B1, but you know, completist...

T

Well, then buy Buy BUY.

Speaking of you and being a completest I did not realize it until going through the stack yesterday but I actually think I have every single version of the montage B2 for the first movie now, pre and post Oscars. May do a write up under the Star Wars thread on it a little later in the month or maybe in January with all of the differences.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
BttF Advance Quad, Star Wars Style A 1sh, ESB PURPLE Variant 1sh!
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 12:09:07 AM »
Three more beauties for your Sunday night or Monday morning viewing pleasure depending on where you live.

Lets start it off with something not Star Wars related. Don't worry the rest are.

First up an extremely rare Back to the Future Advance British Quad poster. Rare enough that neither Bruce nor HA have ever auctioned one. To be honest I only know of five copies floating around. Poster is linen backed with some touch up to the usual fold marks. Nothing extreme. $650 obo

Next up back to the Star Wars theme, lets face it as most of you that know me know I collect mostly Star Wars related material though have expanded in the past several years to collect a lot of other items as well.

This first one is a Star Wars Style A one sheet, US version with PG rating in bottom. Originally folded, now backed. This is the third printing which believe it or not is the hardest of the four main printings for the style A to find.  $600 obo

Last but certainly not least one of the most sought after of all the Empire Strikes Back one sheet movie posters... The infamous ESB Stye B Studio Purple version. Originally rolled, this poster like the other two for today is backed and looks awesome! I have done a lot of research into the different variations of this poster from the standard blue all the way to the deepest of the purples and broken them down into five classes depending on the amount of purple in it. This would be classified as a two with five being the highest. In my opinion I think this one may be the best of the five hues because it still keeps that beautiful blue in the lower part and then lets the sky just jump out at you as you go higher.  I have shown it next to a standard blue one sheet for comparison. The regular one sheet is not for sale here. $850 obo

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:10:06 AM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!