Author Topic: MPB.auction Newsletter - All the Auction News That's Fit to Read - Bid or Buy!!!  (Read 13987 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: MPB.auction - OOPS! AUCTIONS END ON THURSDAY <<<<< SF, Horror & Fantasy
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
Seriously though, mate...

One auction every three months

well actually, I had an auction LAST WEEK, I have an auction THIS WEEK, I have an auction NEXT WEEK
...... see where I'm going here
 :P

ps: there is no auction for the following week (too close to xmas), but there is for the week after that

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: MPB.auction - OOPS! AUCTIONS END ON THURSDAY <<<<< SF, Horror & Fantasy
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 04:41:11 AM »
well actually, I had an auction LAST WEEK, I have an auction THIS WEEK, I have an auction NEXT WEEK
...... see where I'm going here
 :P

Fair play indeed fella.   8)

(Am being a soft ass)

• Post-aholic
Now that we are totally back in the swing of auctions, let me tell you what our plans are for 2017

First of all, we expect to have a schedule of 35-42 auctions for the year. Three weeks of auctions, followed by a catch up week, but there will always be an auction running, just one will go on for 2 weeks every month.

We are totally loaded with great posters and we are certain there will be plenty of material for all collectors, however, we are still looking for some consignments to fill out very specific areas.

We do need high-quality folded one sheets and high quality lobby cards.
Either as consignments or we can buy your collections.
If you have a collection you are interested in parting with either by auction or to sell, please contact me now.

Our consignment rate is just 25% across your entire collection, if you have a collection that meets our requirements

contact me at sales@comic-art.com or richadmin@mpb.auction

Also, we are currently preparing more auctions.
our coming Auction Schedule is as follows

Next Week, ending on Dec 14th (Weds) Rolled horror-sf-fantasy one sheets
there is no auction ending on Dec 21st
Dec 28th will be folded one sheets. A preview gallery will be up over the weekend
January 4th Rolled One Sheets & other sizes
January 11th Lobby Cards
January 18th Folded Posters
January 25th No Auction (catch up week!)

We also have other great auctions coming up, including Japanese posters, oversized & bus shelter posters, 3 & 6 sheet posters and a very Special Auction we have planned for March

We hope we have something for you. Check us out weekly

thanks for reading
Rich
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:37:26 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Rich, what's coming up next?

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
Rich, what's coming up next?

Lobby Cards.. I'm finishing the list now, then I have Rolled Posters again with the usual great selection of stuff

thanks for asking

sm1

-------

• Post-aholic

http://www.mpb.auction

It comes in every collector's life - the time to start selling your collection.
Maybe you do it yourself, maybe it's part of your estate after you're gone.
But there is always a question - Should I sell it? Or should I consign it to an auction?

These can be difficult questions

Some dealers & auction houses like to shout "consign to us! We get the best prices and sell fastest" but it isn't always true and too frequently, it isn't true at all!

Factually, NO Auction gets the best prices all the time and numerous factors can come into play that change what you, the collector, might get at the end of the day.

Then there comes the time element. Which auctions will take the least amount of time to sell your collection and which auctions will stretch your consignment out over a number of years, diluting the value as small checks trickle in for two, three or even five and six years? Some auctioneers can't possibly handle your collection as a consignment because of how much material they get. Sometimes they sell so much of your collection for less than $15 and pay you pittance based on 75% auction fee that it's impossible for you to achieve a good value.

Here are MPB.auction, we have a solution!
WE BUY MOVIE POSTERS, FOR CA$H

The proof is in the pudding. Forget having your collection loaded into a truck and driven to the middle of nowhere, as if it was headed into the Twilight Zone without any idea when or how well your collection will be sold. Whether you will see 10 pieces or 100 pieces from your collection sold weekly, creating a small or a large income stream for you to live on.

I was once asked to send my entire stock of movie posters to one auction and they would send me regular checks.
I didn't send my entire stock, but I did send one box. It was almost 6 months before they even opened up the box I sent them! SIX MONTHS!
Then when they started selling my stuff, it was 3 months more before just a paltry 10% of my consignment was sold.
Sorry folks, this is NOT what I was hoping for, nor expecting. Is that what you are expecting?

Imagine that your truckload is just one truckload that the auction gets consigned and you go to the back of the line however far back that extends!
Or how about to clear out space or hasten sales, the auction bundles together hundreds or thousands of your valuable collection into 'bulk lots' that sell for pennies on the dollar
Or how about if the auction sells many of your posters for just a dollar or two dollars each and you get a 25-cent payment after they take their fees for selling.
How many of your posters, that you collected and cherished are you willing to see get treated like so much flotsam?
Was it your idea to enrich yourself... or to enrich the auctioneer?

As a longtime collector of over 50 years, I know that none of that is what you, the collector is looking for.

At MPB, we have your solution....

In 2016 alone, we bought and paid ca$h for numerous collections

Among these collections were a large collection of over 15,000 modern era rolled posters that were once part of the Collectors Bookstore stock (back in 2008, we bought a 24 foot truckload of posters from the Collectors Bookstore auction, held by Profiles in History. This was additional material we did not buy at the time).
The buyer had won numerous lots and stuffed them into his garage. After 8 years of doing nothing with them - he called us. We did a deal, paid him ca$h and drove away with a truck

Then I got a call from a local collector here in Vegas and bought a vanload of personally collected movie posters and an enormous collection of over 6000 autographed items personally obtained by the collector (this collection will soon start selling on our site). We paid ca$h.. and drove away with that load.

Then we were sent 2000 lobby cards from the 1930s & 1940s with lots of great stuff. We sent them a check and two weeks after they shipped the boxes to us, they were counting their ca$h!

But our biggest buy last year was a huge load of rolled & folded one sheet posters and other sizes. Almost 100,000 posters. It took three 24 foot trucks and one 14 foot truck just to move it all to our warehouse. This was a portion of the collection & business of the former Hollywood Book and Poster store in Los Angeles, one of the oldest movie poster collector stores, owned & run by the late Eric Caidin. Eric's brother, now the owner of the collection considered consigning to some of the biggest auctions in the business, to be sold piecemeal. However he eventually decided that getting 25 cents a poster over who-knows-what-time-period just wasn't an acceptable proposition and once again Profiles in History was tapped to auction all the scripts, the stills and the movie posters in one giant auction.

MPB.auction was the lucky winner of the movie posters lot.... And.We.Paid.Ca$h.

There was no waiting. No 25-cents consignor payments and everyone was happy.. Except for my poor aching back.

Ca$h Folks.. Just Ca$h!

We are not the only auction that will pay ca$h. But clearly, if we outbid all other dealers and auctions that may have been interested in Eric's stash, we must be at the top of some pyramid.

DO YOU HAVE A COLLECTION, A STORE STOCK OR A WAREHOUSE FULL OF COLLECTIBLES YOU ARE LOOKING TO SELL?

DO YOU WANT TO GET YOUR CA$H NOW, NOT 2 YEARS FROM NOW?

DO YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LIFE, WITHOUT KNOWING IF YOUR CHECK THIS MONTH WILL BE $26 OR $2600?

THEN MPB.AUCTION IS THE PLACE TO CALL.

http://www.mpb.auction

Check out these pictures of the trucks and storage of all the posters we got just last summer
4 trucks full of movie posters.. and we.... paid ca$h!
Where is your truck load?
Contact us, now!

-------