Author Topic: Cinema Overdrive posters  (Read 90431 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Cinema Overdrive posters
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
I agree, Matt if you read this we all appreciate how you folks handle these rollouts taking care of those that have been around awhile. The one thing about mondo that rubs me the wrong way to this day is there was never any consideration for those that got the ball rolling in the first place and was there buying everything from the initial roadshow days.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:52:49 PM by ddilts399 »

Charlie

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »
Yeah, I got pulled. Big fan of Davis, so I would have went to the secondary market if I got missed on that one.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »
I got lucky with Princess Bride too, hope it makes it over the pond unscathed, looks to be a good print.

Good pick ups there, Dale. That Serenity print is pretty nice.

Charlie

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Yeah, I got pulled. Big fan of Davis, so I would have went to the secondary market if I got missed on that one.

I missed and I think Mel did too...  Oh well broke anyway...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
Definitely a nice print. I like Davis too, and, for that matter, Iron Jaiden.  I especially like Jaiden's print for 0000.  I can't wait for that movie to be released.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »
Heres my COD Collection!!  I think .. I have so many I cant remember if thats all of them !! :)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
I haven't really seen a Davis piece I like, not due to layout, but not too keen on simple/quick Photoshop manipulation.

Goldfinger was ok, I will say.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Under The Floorboards

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
Don't forget this one Fallen, and there's a variant with a red cross hand painted by James.

guest8

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Don't forget this one Fallen, and there's a variant with a red cross hand painted by James.

Oh I didnt forget that one .. there is still more too .. I was only posting what I have in my collection  :)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »
Heres my COD Collection!!  I think .. I have so many I cant remember if thats all of them !! :)

I would own one of these, possibly two.  The rest are simply mediocre to outright terrible (more of the latter). 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »
I only own these, and they're all I ever wanted, I guess.

These were not Cinema Overdrive, but they were sold through Cinema Overdrive.  Danny Miller's Alien, especially his GID UK edition, are fantastic.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
Here are larger pictures...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »
I have the Aliens as well as both versions of Robocop too :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
Did you get the Aliens GID too?  The ones from the UK edition?  The reg US had 86 prints, the GID UK had 50 prints.

T
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:20:26 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
Did you get the Aliens GID too?  The ones from the UK edition?  The reg US had 86 prints, the GID UK had 50 prints.

T

No I dont think I ever even knew there was a variant edition!!! >:(

Offline Under The Floorboards

• Beginner
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »
The UK edition were exclusively for us to take around to UK movie and collector conventions.
They glow beautifully, half and half did a great print job on those, still have about 5 sets left over believe it or not.
Little bit of geekiness for me but James RD knew Evil Dead 2 was one of my favourite horror flicks, probably because it was the first horror movie I watched on my own.
Anyway, he put my initials in the car number plate  ;D
I can't seem to track down an original quad poster for this title ( I believe that they reprinted it at the correct size so I never been confident in buying one ) so this made me very happy!
But with a 6 year old running around the hose it will be a while before I can frame this one up.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
still have about 5 sets left over believe it or not.

This is ridiculous.  Those Aliens are great.  If Mondo had printed them, they would have sold out in 5 seconds and would sell for $300 on Ebay right now.  Meanwhile, some crapola by the likes of Bertmers sells for $300 on Ebay because it was sold by Mondo.  Go figure.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »
This is ridiculous.  Those Aliens are great.  If Mondo had printed them, they would have sold out in 5 seconds and would sell for $300 on Ebay right now.  Meanwhile, some crapola by the likes of Bertmers sells for $300 on Ebay because it was sold by Mondo.  Go figure.

T

I'm hoping that Mike has an extra set of those UK versions for me!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Charlie

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »
I'm hoping that Mike has an extra set of those UK versions for me!

I felt the same way, I love the artwork that the Alien series inspires but I just can't buy the posters.  I don't have a single one theater used or otherwise... Its beautiful stuff you got there guys...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »
Not Cinema Overdrive per se, but quite awesome in its own way.  A new Danny Miller creation, these three prints will go on sale tomorrow, Sunday, at 10:30pm EST.

Here's the release info:

Official "Zombies of 'THE WALKING DEAD'" prints

Emmy Award winning special effects artist Greg Nicotero has been a fan of Danny Miller's artwork for some time now.  So when he got the official go-ahead from AMC Television to have his zombies turned into a limited edition set of posters, Danny was the first person he contacted.  This is a project that Greg really wanted to do and has been instrumental in making happen.   And the results are amazing!

"The Zombies of The Walking Dead" is a set of 3 limited edition prints featuring walkers from Season 2 of THE WALKING DEAD.

Each print (a run of 400 each and 75 variants) depict the hideous undead in a 7-color silk screen process.  The beasts of the hour are:

-The RV walker that stalks Andrea in the season premiere
-The WELL WALKER in episode 5
-The BEARDED WALKER (to appear in an upcoming episode)

This artwork was designed and created directly from photos taken by award winning make-up effects designer and co-executive producer Greg Nicotero on set during production and licensed by AMC!

The size of each silk screened print is 14" x 30" and all prints are signed by both Greg Nicotero and artist Danny Miller.  Each print is individually numbered as well!

The cost will be $40 per print (or $110.00 for a set of all 3) plus shipping and handling (pricing on variants for a set of 3 is $190).

These prints will be available 10:30 PM EST on Feb 12th at http://www.20eyesco.com/ to coincide with the mid season premiere of THE WALKING DEAD.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »
Sorry, but these are hideous.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »
Site crashola?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
Sorry, but these are hideous.

I think that's the point, my friend.
My Personal Collection