Author Topic: Cinema Overdrive posters  (Read 90440 times)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
Re: Cinema Overdrive posters
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »
I like those.

Cj

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »
Yeah, CJ.  They are cool, aren't they?
25 years seem to have gone by so quickly.  Maybe it's time to pop in the disk and relive the experience...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »
Nice one, Ted.  Thanks for alerting others.  I got the email and immediately picked up my set.  I like Danny Miller's work a lot.

Cinema Overdrive is debuting two new prints to commemorate the 25th anniversary of ALIENS.
Artist Danny Miller is using this event to launch his new website.
Check it out...

http://www.dannymillerart.com/

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
Nice one, Ted.  Thanks for alerting others.  I got the email and immediately picked up my set.  I like Danny Miller's work a lot.

You're welcome, Holiday.
I like Miller also.  His new website kicks ass.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 12:50:17 AM »
I will buy everything and anything about Alien and Aliens, especially when they're as good as Danny's.  Thanks Matt (and Ted) for letting us know.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
Wow, quick sell out!

Congrats, guys.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
i cant find the halloween poster on the website? that is 1 awesome poster..

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »
Cinema Overdrive is debuting two new prints to commemorate the 25th anniversary of ALIENS.
Artist Danny Miller is using this event to launch his new website.
Check it out...

http://www.dannymillerart.com/

This isn't actually a Cinema Overdrive print.  Matt promoted it, and Danny generously allowed those on the CO mailing list first crack, but its not for a CO screening.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »
Yeah, and now there is a "big" controversy on EB because someone leaked it and it sold out before its street date on Monday.  Rest assure, Matt has always told me that APF was okay.  We're not big enough yet.

:)
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
Went to bed to early, when I got up and saw it sold out already.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
This isn't actually a Cinema Overdrive print.  Matt promoted it, and Danny generously allowed those on the CO mailing list first crack, but its not for a CO screening.

Yes, Schan, you are right.
I stand corrected.  hitself

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
Well, to be sure, even on Miller's site he said he was releasing it in conjunction with CO, and that he wanted those on the CO mailing list to have first crack.  That's the perks we get for following CO and being supportive, rather than just cherrypicking what CO offers, on occasion.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »
i cant find the halloween poster on the website? that is 1 awesome poster..

if you like it thats cool go for it,

but personally I hate that halloween poster. It is the second poster to use rob zombies (terrible) version of michael myers to advertise for the original film. the other is that awful alamo one they used the rob zombie kids clown mask. I know a couple of people have it on here and like it but i think that it is just a downright insult for someone to make a poster for an original film and use images from the remake.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:36:43 PM by Ogami_Itto »

longdog

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »
Am looking forward to receiving these Aliens prints, especially as the close-up shots on Expresso Beans indicate that Miller has 'worked in' some clever alien imagery from the films into the backgrounds.

Just a shame we don't get to see this level of imagination in more main release theatrical campaigns anymore... but then again we can never get enough 'floating' heads looking moodily above a skyline can we?

guest8

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
I got my Alien prints yesterday .. Sadly the box it was in was crushed and the tube was slightly damaged .. The prints have a bend in them but thankfully its no where near horrible I think it will frame out pretty well .. Now I just need to find some extra frames !! :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »
It sucks, man.  The post office and every postal worker SUCK IMO.  Got mine yesterday too.  I love the Queen.  Great poster.
My Personal Collection

cinemarat

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »
I haven't posted in a while, but in addition to thanking all of the really great members of this forum for supporting our small, grass roots film and art series I wanted to go ahead and post images from the latest CINEMA OVERDRIVE release- artwork from Travis Getz honoring the original GONE IN 60 SECONDS!

GONE IN 60 SECONDS is an amazing ode to the American muscle car and an era of filmmaking that is long since past.  Made in 1974, this film is 95 minutes long and a grand total of 93 cars were destroyed making it!  And it was made in an era where movies were REAL.....no CGI here!  Some of the auto stunts in this film are nothing short of amazing, and the entire second half of the film (45 minutes) is devoted to one single car chase!

When Travis set out to design this poster he not only wanted to incorporate elements of the film, but to pay tribute to the era it was from as well.

The poster is a US "Ramp" speed limit sign that has been spray painted, rusted out, vandalized and had stickers slapped on it (if you ever took a road trip anywhere in the States in the 70s you probably saw something similar to this as you traveled down the highway!)  Check out the finished poster here:

GONE IN 60 SECONDS- 18" x 24", 4 color screen print.  Limited edition of 55 prints.  $25.00 each plus shipping.

The picture of Maindrian Pace and the cars are designed to look like stickers, and last night at the show we had no fewer than three people pick up the poster and attempt to peel them off!  To me that means the printer did a good job (and it was funny to watch, too!)

One of the most impressive details on this print is the background- if you'll look closely, you'll see that the background of the artwork is the schematic of a clutch assembly for a 1970s Ford Mustang.  And the rust detail around the edges printed beautifully as well.  You can see close up images of all of that wonderful detail here:

This poster was a small run of 55 prints, each hand signed and numbered by the artist.  We went ahead and offered it to the fine folks on our mailing list first, and it is basically sold out (there may be one or two left, I just have to finish going through all of the emails!)

If you'd like to join our mailing list please visit our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch or email me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net.  I'd be happy to help.

I'd also like to once again extend my deepest thanks to all of you who have supported us and not only offered me some very helpful hints and advice, but words of encouragement as well.  Yes, we realize we'll probably never be one of the "major players" in the poster world and honestly, that's not our goal.  We're more focused on trying to be able to not only pay tribute to films we love (that are often grossly overlooked), but also to be able to offer one on one customer service and the best product we can at a fair price.

Thanks everyone!

cinemarat

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 03:42:11 PM »
The latest poster offering from Cinema Overdrive is for the John Carpenter film ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13.  Created by James Rheem Davis, this poster is a 36" x 24" horizontal screen print in the British Quad fashion, and even features a quote from a British film critic from the film's original release!

There will be two versions of this one, each of which is hand signed and numbered by the artist himself. 

The Cyan REGULAR EDITION has a run of 50 prints and will be $45.00 plus shipping.

The Silver VARIANT EDITION has a run of 35 prints and will be $55.00 plus shipping.

Here's a pic of some of the close up detail on the Cyan version as well:

The official release date on this poster is Monday, May 2nd, and it will be available on our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch if there are any remaining copies available after the show and the mailing list pre-order.

As with any Cinema Overdrive poster release, members of our mailing list will always get first crack at all of our latest releases via email.  If anyone is interested in obtaining this poster we strongly encourage them to sign up for our mailing list by submitting their email address through our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net or by emailing me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net.  We're planning on sending out an email announcement about this one to the mailing list sometime in the next several days.

Thanks as always everyone!

cinemarat

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »
John Carpenter's ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 from James Rheem Davis is now available on our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch

The silver variant is completely sold out, but we have a few copies of the regular cyan edition still available.  Check it out if you're interested.  Thanks!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
John Carpenter's ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 from James Rheem Davis is now available on our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch

The silver variant is completely sold out, but we have a few copies of the regular cyan edition still available.  Check it out if you're interested.  Thanks!

Congratulations on another successful release, Matt.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 03:04:38 AM »
I know these are old news, but new to me.....I gotta say, Matt and James, you guys outdid yourself with these.

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
Per Matt...

Hello everyone,

We hope that you're doing well and your summer is off to a terrific start!  We're very excited about the upcoming projects we have in store, and what better way to start things off than with a brand new poster from Danny Miller?

Danny's latest creation is a 4-color screen printed poster for our recent screening of the David Cronenberg film RABID.  The poster is 18" x 24" and was printed by The Half and Half out of South Carolina.  The results look beautiful in person! This poster was a small run of only 77 prints, each hand signed and numbered by the artist himself.

The official release date for this print on our web site (www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch) will be Monday, June 13th.  However, like all of our previous releases members of this mailing list will get the absolute first opportunity to purchase this poster before it is available to the general public.

They are $25.00 each plus shipping, with a limit of 2 prints per customer.  
If you'd like to purchase yours now simply hit "reply" to this email or drop me a line at cinemarat@earthlink.net and let me know.  I'll be happy to help.

Here is a small gallery of pics to wet your whistle.  Try as we did, none of the photos do the pink any justice.  That color is just so vibrant and rich in person it really jumps off the paper.  Check it out!

I like it.  Bought mine already.

T
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:33:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »
Me too! :D

cinemarat

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
Thanks guys!  And since we got it in a little earlier than we expected to, we're presently offering anyone who buys the RABID poster first crack at our STREETS OF FIRE poster as well.  That way we can ship both together and combine the shipping, saving anyone who wanted both at least $10 or so (depending on where they're located).

RABID is nearly sold out.  We're down to single digits on that one.  And although STREETS OF FIRE won't be available for another week or so, anyone who buys RABID has first crack to go ahead and buy this one as well at the same time:

STREETS OF FIRE- 18" x 24", 4 color screen print.  Art by Patrick Leger, printed by The Half and Half.  Signed, numbered edition of 64 prints.  $25.00 plus shipping:

As always, please feel free to email me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net with any questions.  I'll be happy to help.  Thanks!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »

Cinema Overdrive unveils their first double-bill poster and it's a doozy.
The regular is red and the orange is a Halloween-themed variant.

If you haven't already read the email, here it is:

"Hello everyone!

OK, the smoke has cleared on the Cinema Overdrive double feature of DEEP RED and PIECES.  After the show, we still have a *very* small quantity of the regular edition and an even smaller quantity of the variant edition of the poster left.

This one will officially go on sale on our web site (www.cinemaoverdrive.net) on Wednesday, October 12th *IF* any copies remain.  But as always folks on this mailing list will get first crack.  So if you want to pick one (or both) up there is still time.  But we need to hear from you as soon as possible.

Cinema Overdrive proudly presents the DEEP RED & PIECES combo poster, featuring artwork from both James Rheem Davis AND Danny Miller!

DEEP RED & PIECES Double Feature poster
(Blood Red Regular edition- 20" x 30", each hand numbered and signed by Danny Miller.  70 prints total.  $30.00 each) (limit 2 per person)

The poster features metallic silver inks which are used subtlely to create a really incredible effect!
DEEP RED & PIECES Double Feature poster (Halloween Orange variant edition- 20" x 30", each hand numbered and signed by Danny Miller.  35 prints total.  $45.00 each) (limit 1 per person)
'
For those who have already picked one up, we thank you so much for the support!  All orders which are fully paid for will ship out first thing on Tuesday morning (since Monday is a postal holiday here in the US).

For our beloved mail order clients who would like to pick one up simply hit "reply" to this email or drop me a line directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net and I'll be more than happy to process your order.  All orders will be filled on a "first come, first served" basis so if you want one (or two) please let us know ASAP!

Thank you as always for the support and we look forward to bringing you some really cool surprises from now through the end of the year!"

I like their style.  thumbup