Author Topic: Cinema Overdrive posters  (Read 90423 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Cinema Overdrive posters
« on: August 22, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
Rather than lumping all non-Alamo posters in one large thread, I'll start a separate thread for some prominent theaters.

Cinema Overdrive, in Raleigh NC, has put out several movie posters and they're getting more popular.  Here is the poster website:

http://www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch/

Today, they sold out of 90 Goldfinger posters, which were pretty good IMHO, in just a few hours:

Version #1- Purple
(Run of 40 prints, each hand signed and numbered by the artist.  $30.00 each plus s/h)

Version #2- Gold
(Run of 30 prints, each hand signed and numbered by the artist.  $45.00 each plus s/h)

Version #3- Silver (metallic)
(Run of only 20 prints!  Signed & numbered- $55.00 each plus s/h)

Send an email to cinemarat@earthlink.net to get on the mailing list.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Cinema Overdrive posters
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:05:10 PM »
That is a fine-looking design, Mel.
Didja fall off the wagon and buy one?  C'mon, we're all friends here....I think....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:26:29 PM »
That is a fine-looking design, Mel.
Didja fall off the wagon and buy one?  C'mon, we're all friends here....I think....

I'm not here to discuss the past. I'm here to be positive about this subject.  Asking me or any other buyer to answer questions about who bought what in front of television cameras will not solve the problem. My lawyers have advised me that I cannot answer these questions without jeopardizing my friends, my family and myself.  I intend to follow their advice.

Freefall

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »
I'm not here to discuss the past. I'm here to be positive about this subject.  Asking me or any other buyer to answer questions about who bought what in front of television cameras will not solve the problem. My lawyers have advised me that I cannot answer these questions without jeopardizing my friends, my family and myself.  I intend to follow their advice.

pfffttt....wuss  :P

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
Maybe I can help you, Mel.  I got one each of the Gold and Silver.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
New stuff from Cinema Overdrive - not for me but others here might like them - contact Matt at cinemarat@earthlink.net if interested:

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well and having a great week.  Last night at CINEMA OVERDRIVE we had an amazing double feature of two modern horror classics, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and EVIL DEAD II.  And to celebrate that show, we had Danny Miller create a combo pair of posters featuring the stars of the evening.  And he did not disappoint!

Danny approached this project as if he were creating "baseball cards from hell", and created a pair of 18" x 24", 4 color screen prints that really do the "stars" of these films justice.  The jpegs don't really come close to how beautiful these things look in person.  They were printed by The Half and Half out of Columbia, SC, and the color selections were rich and wonderful.  Each print was a limited edition of only 60 prints, each hand signed and numbered by the artist.  They really pop off of the page!

So, without further ado, here they are- LEATHERFACE and ASH!

Just two Halloween posters left too:

(just 2 left)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »
Suppose to keep this stuff on the lowdown, the print runs are pretty low on all this stuff!

cinemarat

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Wow, thanks for the cool thread Mel!  It's nice to see that people have been enjoying our stuff and have interest in it.  We really love putting on our film shows, and being able to offer original,limited edition artwork for them has just added to the fun of it all!

If anyone is interested in more information or would like to join our mailing list, please send me an email at cinemarat@earthlink.net and I will be happy to help you out.

Also, if you'd like more information about our film series, posters, or past shows, please feel free to visit our web site located here: www.cinemaoverdrive.net

We're primarily a 70's and 80's exploitation and horror series first and foremost, which is why a lot of the artwork we offer are for smaller, more obscure films.  But we really enjoy being able to create something unique, and hopefully it fills a bit of a void that isn't presently being served in both the art world and the repertory cinema world.  At the very least, we love to be able to share these films with our loyal hometown patrons.  And if people from other parts of the country and the world enjoy what we do, that's just icing on the cake.

Thanks again guys!  Much appreciated!  (and Dale, don't worry....I'll make sure all of the folks who have supported us from early on are taken care of  ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »
Also, something that Mel forgot to mention is that Matt, who runs Cinema Overdrive, is one of the nicest guys around who mainly does what he does because of his love for movies.  I recently bought the Halloween print from him and had a wonderful exchange with him.  A lot of cool stuff is on its way, so I strongly recommend you sign up to his mailing list and spread the word.  His prints are highly affordable and their only purpose is to keep the ball rolling so that he can set up more screenings.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

cinemarat

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
Wow guys, I truly thank you for the kind words and support.  Doing these shows and this artwork is a labor of love for us, and I really think it is probably the best hobby I've ever had.  Yeah, that's how I view it- it's my hobby!  If it makes enough money to support itself so we can keep doing the shows and the posters for years to come that would be wonderful.  But ultimately we just try to put on the best shows and produce the best product we can, and treat our patrons with the utmost in respect.  I really believe that if you do that, the public will support you and allow you to do as many cool projects as you can dream up (at least I hope I'm right!)

Anyway, for those who are wondering both the ASH and LEATHERFACE prints are now available for sale individually on our web site, www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch

If you'd like to buy the set of 2 prints (this one and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre "Leatherface" print) please email me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net, as our web site isn't set up to do things like offer discounts, consolidate shipping, etc.

Thanks as always!

cinemarat

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 12:14:44 AM »
OK folks, in anticipation of our final horror film screening for this October, we've prepared a very cool screen print for one of my favorite modern Eurotrash horror films of all times- Dario Argento's DEMONS!  (OK, I know it was directed by Lamberto Bava, but you know get my drift!)

This is a beautiful 4 color design with underlays and measures 18" x 24".  As always, the pic doesn't do it justice- it looks wonderful in person.  But here it is:

It's presently available on our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch, or you can just email me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net

Thanks for looking!

cinemarat

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
This is the first poster created by a local artist named Travis Getz, and we're really excited about this one. Travis enjoys doing military style art projects, and we gave him two different projects to work on (the second will be out in early 2011). When I was talking with him about this movie, I mentioned how much I loved watching this one growing up, and that it was a lot of fun to me because it was like a giant comic book come to life. Nothing was terribly realistic, but everything was a bit larger than life.

Well I had no idea how much he'd take that idea and run with it! He came back a couple of weeks later with this- a movie poster that represents the cover for the Chuck Norris comic book that never was! Not only did he take all of the Cinema Overdrive film series info and turn it into a mock "comic logo" in the upper left hand corner, but in the lower right hand corner he created a mock bar code that pays homage to the film's original release date. He also created a regular "daytime version" and an alternate "night attack" variant. Both posters are 18" x 24", 6 color screen prints with color fades and just look amazing in person!

(note: the white border is for the pics only- the posters themselevs are a full 18" x 24" with color all the way to the entire edge)

The regular edition is $25.00 plus shipping, with a run of 50 prints (all signed and numbered by the artist). The variant has an extremely small run of 25 prints (also signed and numbered), and that one is $40.00 plus shipping.

They will be available on our web site soon, but if you're interested in securing a copy feel free to email me at cinemarat@earthlink.net and I'll be happy to get you one.

Also, for members of this site you can pick up the pair (regular and variant) at a discounted price of $60.00 plus shipping. Thanks for checking it out!

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

Mmmm,i think i`ll pass on these ones..thanks though.

Stew

cinemarat

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
In case you may have missed it earlier, here is the latest print release from Cinema Overdrive- a 5 color screen print from James Rheem Davis for "Silent Night, Deadly Night 1.4".  Why did we call the show "1.4" you may ask?  Well, that's because we showed all of the original film, but only half of the sequel!  But since the 85 minute running time of the sequel is comprised of 45 minutes worth of flashbacks, you really only need to see half of it anyway  ;D

Anyway, out of the original run of 60+ prints (55 numbered plus a few artist proofs) we're down to less than 10 left.  If you'd like to pick one up before they're gone, feel free to log onto our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch or email me directly at cinemarat@earthlink.net

Thanks!

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 1.4
18" x 24" 5 color screen print
Each hand signed and numbered by artist James Rheem Davis
Limited edition of 55 prints
$25.00 plus shipping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Just got mine in today - very nice in person.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

cinemarat

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!

The latest Cinema Overdrive poster for the awesome 1977 exploitation film ROLLING THUNDER is now available on our web site here: www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch

It is an 18" x 24" print, 3 color design with hidden text under the pics of the 6 main characters which appears when the poster is backlit.  It looks very nice in person, and because we know how hard the holidays were on everyone we're offering this one for only $20.00 plus shipping!

Plus, anyone who orders this poster will get the first crack at our DARK CRYSTAL poster which is due out next week.  Email me at cinemarat@earthlink.net with any questions, and check out ROLLING THUNDER here.  Thank you for your continued support!

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
Dude, someone has to post the new Leon print.  Absolutely awesome.  I would do it myself, but my internet is crawling right now.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
Dude, someone has to post the new Leon print.  Absolutely awesome.  I would do it myself, but my internet is crawling right now.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »
Yeah, it's great.  Love it and got it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
Yeah, it's great.  Love it and got it.

I agree it looks great, but I laughed when a guy at EB said that it looked like an iPhone...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 12:09:12 AM »
I agree it looks great, but I laughed when a guy at EB said that it looked like an iPhone...

I'll be damned if it doesn't look like an iPhone now that you mention it.  Still a great print.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »
Im loving it... ;D

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
By the way, a big CONGRATS for the always pleasant and accommodating Matt for the selling out of his Leon print.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »
Funny, my wife said the iphone bit when she passed by the screen when it was up...was thinking the same thing too.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
Cinema Overdrive is debuting two new prints to commemorate the 25th anniversary of ALIENS.
Artist Danny Miller is using this event to launch his new website.
Check it out...

http://www.dannymillerart.com/