Author Topic: September 2016  (Read 30355 times)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: September 2016
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 05:29:35 AM »
I like that one Dale - B1? Are there any other character posters for the title?

.....and that is a very fine selection of quads Mike - Cinema Paradiso is my favourite and, as Ted noted, the Made In Britain quad is an intriguing poster. 

Mark

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 09:01:08 AM »
It is a B1. I have seen the Leo poster as well, but it is just a big head shot. Have not seen one of Diaz, I would think one would exist though.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:13 PM »
Love that Gangs of NY, Dale.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 06:33:25 AM »
Another 'thumbs up' on that Gangs, Dale. Hadn't seen that one before.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 09:00:06 AM »

A few more recent pick-ups...

My normal wheelhouse is mid-70's to late-80's, but I've been on a modern kick here lately. It's partly b/c of what my monthly poster budget can afford at the moment, and partly b/c I've concentrated so much on the vintage paper that I haven't taken the time to look for more modern posters from current films I love. Save for the first, here are a few of them.

Westworld (B2): I saw this on EMP not long ago and fell in love with the artwork. It was going too high on there for the condition it was in and what I wanted to pay, so I held out and found a much better piece at a slightly lower price.

Dark Knight Rises (Int'l adv.): The series of these advance posters for TDKR as a whole are killer. I look forward to collecting the set, but this one strikes me as the best looking. This is the harder to find 'no date' international version of this one sheet.

Be Kind, Rewind: The one sheet for the much underseen indie film, Be Kind Rewind, directed by famed music video helmsman, Michel Gondry.

MPAA - What Everyone Should Know...: Finally found a super clean copy of this MPAA advertisement (my favorite of them all). Getting pretty close to completing my collection of all known MPAA posters of this type.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 04:13:48 PM »
^ WestWorld    Oh yeah    thumbsup.gif

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »
^ WestWorld    Oh yeah    thumbsup.gif
^^ WestWorld    Oh yeah    thumbsup.gif

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
Well... she's arrived and she's beautiful! Only a 5 year search!

Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
Nica one Gemma, really pleased you got one.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2016, 07:16:58 PM »

Gorgeous!  2F or 4F?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »
Beautiful.
 clap clap clap clap

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 11:52:03 PM »
Congratulations! Backed ready to hang  thumbsup.gif

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 04:45:27 AM »
Well done - that is a very nice looking poster and the right person now has it.

Mark

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »
Thank you guys. Yes, it's been a long wait for this and is now my favorite poster in my collection. It's a 4F so the arduous task of finding a decent framer comes next (I'm hopefully moving next year so I might just wait till then so I can get the perfect wall to hang it)
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 05:16:57 AM »
Very nice gem. Finding something after so long of searching has got to feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
In the old days (before the internet), one way to get posters was to trade with another collector.
Thankfully, this time-tested ritual still works.
An APF member just sent me this.

This is a stock photo, but looks exactly as perfect as the one received -- unused.
My camera phone sucks (but I am picking up a whole new Canon system this week so as to shoot my entire collection this winter -- once and for all).

I only have a handful of Belgians, this one being the best.
 cheers
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:11:22 PM by brude »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »
Congratulations Ted. Great art work  thumbsup.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Too busy with my move to really pay attention to the forum, but man, this is a nice poster.  The best one I've seen in a long time.  Gorgeous.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:59 PM »
In the old days (before the internet), one way to get posters was to trade with another collector.

This is a stock photo, but looks exactly as perfect as the one received -- unused.
My camera phone sucks (but I am picking up a whole new Canon system this week so as to shoot my entire collection this winter -- once and for all).

cheers

Outstanding Ted.  notworthy.gif
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 12:46:59 AM »

Very nice, Gem. Congratulations.  cool1

cheers

Nice one, Ted.

Btw, good call on the Canon.  I switched to Canon after using Sony for several years.  Great cameras and everything.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »
Thank you guys. Yes, it's been a long wait for this and is now my favorite poster in my collection. It's a 4F so the arduous task of finding a decent framer comes next (I'm hopefully moving next year so I might just wait till then so I can get the perfect wall to hang it)

Good luck!

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,8796.0.html

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »
Zowie! There are some fabulous new posters this month. Bravo. Like Thierry, I am hip deep in my move. UGH!  I just had internet installed at the new place today (which is what I am writing on now). I've had no connection at the old place (which still has a ton of stuff in it--including the bulk of my poster collection) since the 6th.  I just came on quickly to see what I've been missing---and it's obviously been a LOT!  Nice job all around guys.  CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »
The internet was the first thing up and running at our new place, even before we moved.  Couldn't live without it.  And yeah, moving is an absolute drag.  We got a semi-truck and the movers said they loaded 25 tons of shit, and that's without the posters and the flat files, which had all been moved the day before the big move.  Unpacking is even worse.  I pretty much haven't bought a poster in 3 weeks, missed all of HA and Bruce's sales, but such is life.  Priorities, they call it.

crying

T
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:34:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »
The internet was the first thing up and running at our new place, even before we moved.  Couldn't live without it.  And yeah, moving is an absolute drag.  We got a semi-truck and the movers said they loaded 25 tons of shit, and that's without the posters and the flat files, which had all been moved the day before the big move.  Unpacking is even worse.  I pretty much haven't bought a poster in 3 weeks, missed all of HA and Bruce's sales, but such is life.  Priorities, they call it.

crying

T

I hope you have a mail (poster) redirection setup! Poor new Mr Postman

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »

I hope you have a mail (poster) redirection setup! Poor new Mr Postman

I do, but it's not working.  I keep going to my old house to pick up mail.  We're fixing it up and not renting it until October, so it's all good for the time being. 

It was actually extra good today.  I traded a few posters with a forum member from the UK, his tube got to the wrong post office at first, had to be sent back to triage and then rerouted to my post office to be delivered to my old address.  Normally, it should have been rerouted again to my new address, but since it is not active, it ended up at my old house.  As I was carrying the tube to my car (with 6 posters inside), one end opened up and the posters fell.  No harm done, but it would have happened in transit had the tube been rerouted to my new address.  And then the posters would have been damaged or lost.  So there is some good in the post office fuck up.

T
My Personal Collection