Author Topic: September 2016  (Read 30369 times)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: September 2016
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:01 AM »
Those are STUNNING! But you really should have saved them for the 1st of October. THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS is stunning and CRY OF THE WEREWOLF? Yowza! Never heard of that one...now i have to track it down. Thanks for posting--they're great.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »

This old buzzard is very cool, Chris.
I hope to see it again in our Halloween thread on day 3 ('C').
 cheers

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
What a nice commission work !!  Beautiful stuff !

You finally manage to have Tongdee, well done ! So did you get a name behind the commercial Apocalypse 1 sheet ?  I wonder how many were printed ?  Pe* and Sant* went silent  when I asked again about the "Dr No" and "Apocalypse Now", Sant* told me he is only selling original (sure commercial original :) ) and blamed the other seller for doing fake printing.

APOCALYPE NOW is not a "commercial" poster. Permission was never granted for that printing. I don't think the poster artist has ever seen a single dime from that printing. Sorry it all gets me very heated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:51:02 AM by mwright »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2016, 03:09:51 PM »
More great looking noir goodness there, Chris! City That Never Sleeps and Cry of the Werewolf are both top notch.  thumbup

And Shawn, I like how Arnold is credited as "Arnold Strong" on your Hercules in New York poster. I guess they figured no one would know how to pronounce Schwarzenegger?  rofl1

-Jeff

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »
Hi all,

Earlier this year I commissioned (through a mutual friend) Tongdee to reimagine me a poster for one of my favourite films, Predator (1987). The original film was released in Thailand at a time when the use of painted artwork was being phased out and the original Thai poster is a photographic design that was based on the US one sheet.

Because the original photographic poster was comparatively disappointing, I was excited to see what Tongdee would create. I gave him free reign with the exception of a couple of things I was keen to see (the iconic thermal-vision being one) and after a few weeks was sent a sketch with his idea for the layout. After requesting a couple of very minor tweaks I gave the go ahead and Tongdee began working on the actual painting. Last week I received the finished article and I’m very happy with the result. I love the layout and the use of colours, including the incorporation of the thermal-vision Predator hand. I also love the artistic licence he took on a few elements which was typical of his paintings from the original period of him working on film posters. If you're a fan of the film you'll spot these tweaks quickly.

The poster is just over American one sheet size and I plan to get it framed as soon as possible. If you visit my site I’ve tried to take as many pictures as possible so you can see the details, and you’ll be able to see the grain from the canvas onto which Tongdee painted. Also check out the pictures of the artist in his studio.

Check out my site for more details: https://www.filmonpaper.com/posters/predator-original-artwork-thailand/

Isn't Tongdee the guy responsible for the best looking Mad Max 2 poster ever made? Or am I thinking of some other Thai artist?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
Isn't Tongdee the guy responsible for the best looking Mad Max 2 poster ever made? Or am I thinking of some other Thai artist?

Yep, Tongdee did the Thai Mad Max 2 poster (MM 1 as well).

-Jeff