Author Topic: Halloween LCs  (Read 2326 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Halloween LCs
« on: August 14, 2016, 09:21:31 PM »
So I was late on bidding at Heritage tonight and didn't do any research prior to it.  I bought this LC set for Halloween (it was cheap) and a few other things like the Marler Haley Quad.

Then I did a little bit of research and can't find this set anywhere except... on Loce Ebay page!!!!  Does anyone know anything about it?  It seems weird that Halloween wouldn't have any LCs associated to the title, but at the same time Loce selling them gives me a pause (as it should).

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Halloween LCs
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:46:57 PM »
So I was late on bidding at Heritage tonight and didn't do any research prior to it.  I bought this LC set for Halloween (it was cheap) and a few other things like the Marler Haley Quad.

Then I did a little bit of research and can't find this set anywhere except... on Loce Ebay page!!!!  Does anyone know anything about it?  It seems weird that Halloween wouldn't have any LCs associated to the title, but at the same time Loce selling them gives me a pause (as it should).

T

Fake. I emailed Grey last minute about this set, but it looks like he didn't catch it in time. I'm sure he'll refund you. It's a bootleg of the Aussie set with the R-diamond rating blacked out.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »
That's what I figured.  Thanks Matt.  It was there so I just bid on it.  Grey is very good with this stuff.  I've had a couple of sales canceled in the past.

So Halloween really doesn't have any LCs?

T
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:02:42 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 12:42:48 AM »
In comparing the 2 (the fakes and the legit, AU set) it looks like they took the time and trouble to add the bottom white border on the AU dupes, with all the supposed, pertinent NSS info to make them look legit, since the AU lobbies are totally missing any kind of white, bottom border:

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 01:51:39 AM »
yeah, fakes sadly, interesting fakes though.
I bet Prof Powers was especially pleased with himself when one drunken night he thought of it;)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 01:54:19 AM »
yeah, fakes sadly, interesting fakes though.
I bet Prof Powers was especially pleased with himself when one drunken night he thought of it;)

For sure!   verydrunk.gif

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:23:32 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:29:03 AM »
Hi Grey-
It's my understanding that these Halloween lobbies are bootlegs from
Tloce. There is discussion about how he took the Australian set and removed the
little diamond-R rating:
http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?5565-Another-seller-has-those-quot-Halloween-quot-Lobby-sets&s=f12cff2cdcaaaec82397edc15bf5a7cf

Here are the Halloween lobbies on his eBay site:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=tloceposters&hash=item567e3a62ea%3Ag%3A5v0AAMXQVT9S87ge&item=371484943082&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhalloween+lobby+card.TRS0&_nkw=halloween+lobby+card&_sacat=0

And here is a legit Australian LC that you have sold for comparison:
http://movieposters.ha.com/itm/horror/halloween-hoyts-1978-australian-lobby-card-11-x-14-horror/a/58094-54168.s

Hope this helps avoid a later hassle.
-Matt

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
Seriously that Loce dude really takes the piss.

How can he sleep at night knowing he dupes people out of their hard earned money I don't know.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »
Grey took it off, no questions asked.  Heritage makes mistakes, everyone does, but they are very quick to respond and correct it.

T
My Personal Collection