Author Topic: Hanging Frames  (Read 11178 times)

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
Hanging Frames
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »
Hello everyone, just wanted to put some information out for people of some questions I get asked. I am just copying and Pasting from an email that goes out after purchase. It has actual been updated with some good practices that everyone should follow.

Thanks for all your business!!!! It means more than you know!!!

After Ordering:

If you haven't done so already, please measure your posters and get back to me in the next day with any size changes. Remember that just because someone lists your poster at a certain size doesn't mean it is that size. And although there are certain sizes designated for posters, that doesn't mean that poster was cut to that exact size, especially Thierry hates "French Grande"'s and Japanese Posters.

ALSO, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE CORNERS OF THE FRAMES AND THE METAL CLIP SPRINGS THAT ALLOW THE FRAME TO SNAP OPEN AND CLOSED AS THEY ARE SHARP!!!!!

We do not recommend putting any frame on a wall with DuctWork for Heating or Air Condition, or Return Air Exchange DuctWork as this could cause differences in temperature and possibly cause warping to occur.   

Also, our overlays are UV Protective and Acid Free. That being said, you should never put a frame and poster or print in direct sunlight. It's also a good idea to switch out your posters from time to time every couple years. That's what makes our frames so great. Even if you had the most expensive UV Quality Glass in front of your poster or print, the poster will fade over years of exposure to sunlight; even indoor Lighting which would take a lot longer. The only way to truly protect a Print is to not display it. Or switch them out from time to time which again is what makes our frames so Great!

Thank you and I hope ALL of you are doing well!!!!!!!

P.S. Anyone have any Carbine Williams Posters in very good displayable condition? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry
www.SpotlightDisplays.com

guest4955

Re: Hanging Frames
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:19:43 AM »
'Bout time....

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 03:25:28 AM »
... for better maths?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 03:34:53 AM »
Hello everyone, just wanted to put some information out for people of some questions I get asked. I am just copying and Pasting from an email that goes out after purchase. It has actual been updated with some good practices that everyone should follow.

Thanks for all your business!!!! It means more than you know!!!

After Ordering:

If you haven't done so already, please measure your posters and get back to me in the next day with any size changes. Remember that just because someone lists your poster at a certain size doesn't mean it is that size. And although there are certain sizes designated for posters, that doesn't mean that poster was cut to that exact size, especially Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande""'s and Japanese Posters.

ALSO, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE CORNERS OF THE FRAMES AND THE METAL CLIP SPRINGS THAT ALLOW THE FRAME TO SNAP OPEN AND CLOSED AS THEY ARE SHARP!!!!!

We do not recommend putting any frame on a wall with DuctWork for Heating or Air Condition, or Return Air Exchange DuctWork as this could cause differences in temperature and possibly cause warping to occur.   

Also, our overlays are UV Protective and Acid Free. That being said, you should never put a frame and poster or print in direct sunlight. It's also a good idea to switch out your posters from time to time every couple years. That's what makes our frames so great. Even if you had the most expensive UV Quality Glass in front of your poster or print, the poster will fade over years of exposure to sunlight; even indoor Lighting which would take a lot longer. The only way to truly protect a Print is to not display it. Or switch them out from time to time which again is what makes our frames so Great!

Thank you and I hope ALL of you are doing well!!!!!!!

P.S. Anyone have any Carbine Williams Posters in very good displayable condition? Thanks!!!

Since the thread has resurfaced....

Any response or luck on this request, Robert?

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
... for better maths?

Yeah doesn't the extra 5cm need to be doubled to account for both sides Melvin?
Chris

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
Yeah Melvin

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »
Hey guys, the Standard 1.25" Border frames cover approximately 3/8th" of the poster on all four sides and the 2.5" Wide Border Covers approximately 1/2" on all four sides.

When ordering I need to know the total size including the linen backing if applicable in inches. I can do the conversions but I need the customer to do that so there is no issues with the wrong size cut. Rounding up by .125" is best.

Hope this helps and thanks guys!!!

Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »
Since the thread has resurfaced....

Any response or luck on this request, Robert?

Hey Jeff, for the Carbine poster? No I haven't. Thanks!

Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

guest4955

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »
Here's my 41"x61" SD frame:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »
What's behind door #2?  Why is door #3 open?  So intriguing.  Door #1 is my favorite.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »
Looks awesome Mel.  That and WoTW are probably the two most wanted movie posters that I will never own

What's behind door #2? 

the last person who asked that question...  >:D

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Framed poster looks great Mel  thumbsup.gif

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:43 PM »
Very Nice Mel!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 04:50:35 AM »
Looks good, Mel! I always associate that poster with you, so glad Mel v2.0 was able to re-acquire (and a bigger/better version too)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »