Author Topic: Don't _EVER_ use ebay GSP!!!  (Read 55489 times)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Don't _EVER_ use ebay GSP!!!
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:06 AM »
This is unbelievable. I recently won an auction on UK ebay which would ship via their Global Shipping Program (GSP). I paid promptly and the seller sent the item to the shipping center, run by Pitney Bowes. Two days later I receive multiple emails from ebay stating that the item cannot be forwarded due to being oversized. The seller then proceeds to contact ebay to find out what is going on and is told that Pitney Bowes WILL BE KEEPING THE ITEM!!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!!! What the hell kind of shit is that?!?!!! In case you can't tell I'm extremely pissed off about this.

Moral of the story: don't EVER use GSP. And fuck gun1 ebay gun2.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Don't _EVER_ use ebay GSP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
That sucks.  I never buy from GSP and make a point of telling whatever seller why I won't be bidding.  Often they don't even realize that GSP is on their listing (like its set up as the default gotta "opt out") and relist the item for me without GSP. 

I would open a paypal claim as soon as possible!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »
Yup - have had similar issues  Nothing like the above story, mind.

But I tell the seller I want nothing to do with GSP.  And that they should consider alternate means of shipping or I won't be bidding.

It does screw over both sellers and buyers, and you're right, sometimes the sellers aren't even aware this is what they have opted for on their detail.

Good luck.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »
The seller then proceeds to contact ebay to find out what is going on and is told that Pitney Bowes WILL BE KEEPING THE ITEM!!!

I've never heard of such nonsense.
Please keep us updated, Mike.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
From the seller's live chat with an ebay rep:

"I've checked the global tracking number on this item and I can confirmed that it has 'Undeliverable - Order exceeds size limit'. I can see that the items are generally liquidated if they are oversized, overweight, or a system restriction has occurred (i.e. item won’t clear customs). At which point the item is owned by Pitney Bowes (logistics company) and will not be return to you"

Old link, but similiar situation:
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Shipping-Returns/Global-Shipping-Program-is-a-Pitney-Bowes-Scam/td-p/19706295
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:02:18 PM by pratschm »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »
Fuck you, Pitney Bowes.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 01:09:44 PM »
From the seller's live chat with an ebay rep:

"I've checked the global tracking number on this item and I can confirmed that it has 'Undeliverable - Order exceeds size limit'. I can see that the items are generally liquidated if they are oversized, overweight, or a system restriction has occurred (i.e. item won’t clear customs). At which point the item is owned by Pitney Bowes (logistics company) and will not be return to you"

Old link, but similiar situation:
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Shipping-Returns/Global-Shipping-Program-is-a-Pitney-Bowes-Scam/td-p/19706295

I truly dont get it, Mike. How is PB able to keep something that you (or anyone) has paid for? What goves them that right? Will you be getting in touch with PB directly?

And will the transaction be canceled with you getting a FULL refund? Man, I hope so.

Totally a sucky situation, all the way around. Nothing like learning about some ultra fine print restriction AFTER the deal and sale has been made.  eyeroll

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
So lame they sell it for profit rather than make the buyer or give them an option to have it returned to the original shipping address.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 01:17:49 PM »
Emphasis below is mine.

http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Section 11
Lost, Damaged, or Undeliverable Items; Valid Delivery Address Required. If a GSP Item that you purchase is not delivered to the delivery address specified by you or to the collection center near you that is designated by the shipping carrier, it is damaged, or it does not match your Seller's description, your purchase may be covered by an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection program. More information about eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection may be found here and here. The delivery address that you specify must be within an eligible country and must be a valid and complete delivery address. The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box), Army Post Office, or Fleet Post Office. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason. If eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that a GSP Item is undeliverable and elect to dispose of or liquidate a GSP Item, title to the GSP Item shall transfer automatically from your Seller to eBay and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay and Pitney Bowes may elect), at no cost and for no consideration to either eBay or Pitney Bowes and/or to any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes, and eBay and Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes shall retain all proceeds (if any) received from the disposal or liquidation of the GSP Item. eBay or Pitney Bowes may also elect to return to your Seller any GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable. eBay shall not be responsible under either the eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection policies if eBay concludes that a GSP Item is not deliverable to your designated delivery address or to the collection center near you that is designated by the shipping carrier, for any reason, including because the delivery address that you provide is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccessible. In addition, certain third party shipping carriers may require that the designated recipient of a GSP Item be present to receive delivery; where in-person delivery is required, you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the designated recipient is available to receive delivery.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
Flabbergasted to read that. faint2.gif

-Jeff

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »
You and me both.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »
Holy crap, that is indefensible. I don't expect eBay and friends to be paragons of virtue but the shameless douchebaggery is truly astounding/criminal.

And doesn't one generally enter shipping weight and dimensions when creating a listing anyway? Seems like it would be easy to make any shipping restrictions clear up front rather than this surprise mafia-like thievery after the fact.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 02:48:04 PM »
For future reference, just in case (this works, just used the phone number):

For Pitney Bowes customer service regarding GSP issues, you can email PBISGSPCS@pb.com to reach the GSP Customer Service group. Or you can call 1-866-235-9627, and press 1 to reach the same GSP Customer Service group. Hours of operation: Monday – Sunday, 6:00am – 11:00pm Mountain Time. (?)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »
Thanks for the update and pertinent info, Mike!
Sorry that the bastards clipped you.
 cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 03:11:06 PM »
Emphasis below is mine.

http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Section 11
Lost, Damaged, or Undeliverable Items; Valid Delivery Address Required. If a GSP Item that you purchase is not delivered to the delivery address specified by you or to the collection center near you that is designated by the shipping carrier, it is damaged, or it does not match your Seller's description, your purchase may be covered by an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection program. More information about eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection may be found here and here. The delivery address that you specify must be within an eligible country and must be a valid and complete delivery address. The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box), Army Post Office, or Fleet Post Office. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason. If eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that a GSP Item is undeliverable and elect to dispose of or liquidate a GSP Item, title to the GSP Item shall transfer automatically from your Seller to eBay and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay and Pitney Bowes may elect), at no cost and for no consideration to either eBay or Pitney Bowes and/or to any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes, and eBay and Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes shall retain all proceeds (if any) received from the disposal or liquidation of the GSP Item. eBay or Pitney Bowes may also elect to return to your Seller any GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable. eBay shall not be responsible under either the eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection policies if eBay concludes that a GSP Item is not deliverable to your designated delivery address or to the collection center near you that is designated by the shipping carrier, for any reason, including because the delivery address that you provide is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccessible. In addition, certain third party shipping carriers may require that the designated recipient of a GSP Item be present to receive delivery; where in-person delivery is required, you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the designated recipient is available to receive delivery.

You would think with all this fine print about what ebay or PB "concludes to be undeliverable" there would also be, elsewhere in this info, a chart, giving maximum weights or dimensions, so that sellers could determine if the parcel they were about to send, fulfilled the guidelines.

The above paragraph, with any details is beyond vague. Upon what facts are the 2 companies determining that something is deemed "undeliverable?" Let alone that they can then "liquidate" at their discretion. This is Totally Outrageous and it comes off as sounding like some total rip off or scam.

I hope you get some resolve, Mike. Or is this basically now an open and shut case, in their POV?

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »
Mike just open a paypal claim... you'll get your money back i'm sure. 

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 10:55:37 PM »
Thank you all for the support. Don't get me wrong, I know this is one of those silly 'first-world' types of problems, it just floored me to learn that a company could simply acquire ones property seemingly at a whim. Who ever reads the fine print of anything?

I hope you get some resolve, Mike. Or is this basically now an open and shut case, in their POV?

I called PB at lunch today and they opened a ticket for the item. I was told that they can't return the item to the seller without ebay's authorization. She almost made it sound like it might not even be in PB's possession anymore, as ebay 'confiscates' items to either dispose of or liquidate them. I asked what caused the item to be declared oversize and it sounds like the box might be 1 inch too long. ONE F-ING INCH!!! And that's probably not even the box, but more a bulge at the end of the box. I stressed multiple times that I want the item returned to the seller for alternate shipping and also that the seller has used GSP to send these items in the past without issue, all of which should be in the ticket. I'm hoping that will get the item returned, since it sounds like it is possible to have that happen, it just depends on how good a day the person that reads the email is having (or other randomization). I just hope this doesn't turn into 'well ebay says PB has to' or 'PB says ebay has to'...

Mike just open a paypal claim... you'll get your money back i'm sure.
Come now, you know I don't want the money, but rather the item.  bed1
In fact, I was simply issued a (partial) refund without even knowing there was a problem. I got a PP email stating 'my case was resolved - here's your refund' and then later received a couple messages from ebay stating the item was oversized and wouldn't be forwarded. Yes, a partial refund; I still have to file a claim to get my GSP payment back. Ironic, no?

Anyways, thanks again for joining me on this journey. I'll keep you posted as the shit keeps hitting the fan.

PS - Apologies for the strong language. That's not typically my style.

PPS - TED!!!!!!! Great to hear from you! :D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:29 PM »
Hey Mike.. this might be a silly question but was this item a rolled poster? Or something else?

Just curious.. what was the size/dimensions of the box? I'd love to know what ebay and PB considered "oversize & therefore, undeliverable."   :-\

-Jeff

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »
It was a typical 5'x8' banner. I don't know the actual dimensions, but in the past they're usually, say, 6"x6"x60" or so. Definitely not a simple standard poster tube.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 11:35:52 PM »
Thanks, and good to know, Mike.

And now the $million question. What movie was it for? Do you have a pic of it, by any chance?

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »
The irony of the situation will be that if PB are able to 'return' an item to the seller, then it should just as equally be able to 'send' it to the buyer.

And in the internet world of online shopping and delivery, what is the f--king use of any delivery system that can't deliver anything and everything?

There, some bad language of my own even though I have no investment in this discussion...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:51 AM »
Thanks, and good to know, Mike.

And now the $million question. What movie was it for? Do you have a pic of it, by any chance?

Don't want to say just yet, as I may need to find another, but some around here might call it 'modern crap'. ;)

The irony of the situation will be that if PB are able to 'return' an item to the seller, then it should just as equally be able to 'send' it to the buyer.

And in the internet world of online shopping and delivery, what is the f--king use of any delivery system that can't deliver anything and everything?

There, some bad language of my own even though I have no investment in this discussion...

That's what I'd like to know. Why is it that a non-GSP shipper would have no problem shipping it, yet this company cannot? I guarantee all their packages are on the same plane as *insert other shipper here*.
One thing I'm wondering about in my case was that the shipper originally quoted me GBP 50-60 for shipping; however, when I paid my invoice, the shipping was only around GBP 20. I later learned that the GBP 50-60 would be if he had used his typical shipping method (I'm guessing Royal Post). GSP only charged around GBP 20, and almost half of that went to the seller, for some reason (maybe for him to ship it to the warehouse?). So I'm wondering if GSP realized they did not charge enough to cover the shipping fees and basically claimed it as 'undeliverable'. Certainly seems to fall into the 'undeliverable, for whatever reason' category.  :-\

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 11:38:43 AM »
Getting responses from ebay and it's not looking good, unfortunately. This is such BS.

Also, here's some info for one of Jeff's earlier questions:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/shipping-globally.html

In particular, see the section Oversized Items.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
They seem to close some of the complaints opened with BBB

http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/mailing-machines-and-equipment/pitney-bowes-inc-in-stamford-ct-47000639/

And there are these complaints. They sound completely non-service oriented and like they could care less about those who have issues with them or their meters. Big, fat negatives all the way around:

http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/mailing-machines-and-equipment/pitney-bowes-inc-in-stamford-ct-47000639/customer-reviews

-Jeff