Author Topic: Heritage Billing vs Shipping Address  (Read 3331 times)

guest4835

Heritage Billing vs Shipping Address
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:34:23 AM »
First post here...

Bought a couple of prints from the latest auction and want to get them shipped to a US address, since I live in Canada and don;t want to pay the import charges etc. They are telling me to sign a shipping directive releasing us from liability in case of loss or theft because this isn’t the billing address.

If I pay with paypal and the address is verified I think they don't have leg to stand on. Anybody else have a similar issue?

Thanks.  Hope to post more as I get going here.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Heritage Billing vs Shipping Address
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:39:40 AM »
First post here...

Bought a couple of prints from the latest auction and want to get them shipped to a US address, since I live in Canada and don;t want to pay the import charges etc. They are telling me to sign a shipping directive releasing us from liability in case of loss or theft because this isn’t the billing address.

If I pay with paypal and the address is verified I think they don't have leg to stand on. Anybody else have a similar issue?

Thanks.  Hope to post more as I get going here.

Hey bethemonkey,

First, welcome1 to the forum and have fun.

Is the verified Paypal address a US address that the posters would be shipped to? Or were you meaning that PP is verified with your Canadian address? I read your post and was a little confused on that point.

If the billing address is your verified Canadian address BUT you are wanting them shipped to a non-verified, US address, that might be the issue HA has with potential liability.

Again, welcome and looking fwd to more of your posts and posters.  :)

-Jeff

guest4835

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »
I can't add a US address to my Paypal account, so they want me to sign a waiver so they are not liable for anything.
They won't even insure the package, which is the real sticking point. Seems like they would have this issue with other people as well.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »
I had bought something from HA today following their last two auctions and in the emailed Invoice they sent me, there was a link to edit the shipping address.

I thought of this thread when I saw it as I figured all was possible.

**The shipping charges on your invoice have not yet been determined. We will bill you any additional charges based on actual cost.
These items will ship to the following address unless other arrangements are made:
Simon Firth
xx xxx xxx
xxx
Windsor, Berkshire United Kingdom xxx

Edit My Shipping Address

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »
I can't add a US address to my Paypal account, so they want me to sign a waiver so they are not liable for anything.
They won't even insure the package, which is the real sticking point. Seems like they would have this issue with other people as well.

Were you able to get this address issue sorted out?

-Jeff