Author Topic: Some places of interest in NYC and Mexico City ??  (Read 3577 times)

guest4531

Some places of interest in NYC and Mexico City ??
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:54:37 AM »
Hi good people,

Going to New York city this Thursday for 6 days then to Mexico for 3 weeks, a long trip ahead knowing I take off from Nairobi :)

Anyway, I am always in hearing places of interest you may recommend in both NY and Mexico; it can be poster related (only original, no repro shops please) or not.

Throw names then I shall pin point on map.

Thanks

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Some places of interest in NYC and Mexico City ??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:57:56 AM »
I have never been here but am fascinated.

It will be on my agenda when I next go.  The High Line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Line_(New_York_City)

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 12:41:19 PM »
I walked along the High Line on a visit to NYC a few weeks ago. It certainly gives you a wonderfully different perspective of the city.

Mark

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
Hi good people,

Going to New York city this Thursday for 6 days then to Mexico for 3 weeks, a long trip ahead knowing I take off from Nairobi :)

Anyway, I am always in hearing places of interest you may recommend in both NY and Mexico; it can be poster related (only original, no repro shops please) or not.

Throw names then I shall pin point on map.

Thanks

I have never been to Mexico City (only Monterrey and some small towns in the environs), but I would love to get a post-trip report any poster-related destinations you find in Mexico City!

I primarily collect Mexican posters, and I have this dream of going to flea markets in the capital and picking up posters and prints for peanuts.  Something tells me it's not quite so easy in reality.

So I'd love to hear what it's like from another poster collector.

guest4531

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 03:24:32 AM »
Thanks good people !

Yep I always try to find flea market and antique store when I visit a country, I love it...

But I have been a bit disorganized this time round and had no time too google for addresses.  So I was hoping someone may know places of interest movie-related in NY or Mexico.  I am sure someone knows some addresses :)  Otherwise, I will do my report, one thing is sure I will try to hook with Mexican artist Dr Lakra who draws on old magazine paper ! 

Cheers