Author Topic: Has everyone aleady gotten a copy of the Jaws poster?  (Read 82790 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Has everyone aleady gotten a copy of the Jaws poster?
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2016, 01:03:18 AM »
well then split the difference, offer the seller $7,799,800.38.. maybe he'll sell it to you......
sm1

Hell, if that's the case, might as well go for this one... it's still available and a real steal at only $3195.00, with best offers being accepted  ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAWS-CineMasterpieces-ORIGINAL-MOVIE-POSTER-ROLLED-NEVER-FOLDED-1975-ONE-SHEET-/191852753117?hash=item2cab50b0dd
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:19:23 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2016, 01:58:30 AM »
all these nay sayers.

put some work in, wait and keep trying, you'll get one you can afford, no rush.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline kubu

• Beginner
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
I remember this thread about fake posters: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,4572.msg217418.html#msg217418

Taking a close look at those two posters they are fake if harry caul was right  ?????

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
I remember this thread about fake posters: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,4572.msg217418.html#msg217418

Taking a close look at those two posters they are fake if harry caul was right  ?????

The one shown in that linked message above is a US insert, (AND from tom loce), not the full size US one sheet poster.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2017, 02:45:18 AM »
One ended at a good price at Bruce's, probably due to no one in the US following the sale.  I would hate to have my stuff up on a 4th of July.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2017, 02:49:46 AM »
Yeah.. I dont know for sure but I would guess that auctions held on any holiday might not realize the best prices.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2017, 02:52:29 AM »
There were a few things I wanted at that auction, but at the end of the day, life is more important than posters.  And beers.  And pot.  And good company.  In that order.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2017, 02:54:31 AM »
There were a few things I wanted at that auction, but at the end of the day, life is more important than posters.  And beers.  And pot.  And good company.  In that order.

T

Agree, agree and more agree. I'm still enjoying a last July 4th beer. cheers

BTW, where has Chop been? He hasnt been to the forum since last December. Maybe he snagged a low priced, rolled JAWS poster, after all.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:56:23 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2017, 07:23:52 AM »

T

Same here, didn't even bother to check my bids yesterday which I gonna say it is a very good things...  Was too busy watching end of Season 4 of Bates Motel with wife, pot and beer (in that order).
And currently, I have a new obsession, I must go to Colorado to taste the Leaf by Snoop products.  Any wind of change in my hobbies get immediate attention !

guest4955

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2017, 10:56:15 AM »
One ended at a good price at Bruce's, probably due to no one in the US following the sale.  I would hate to have my stuff up on a 4th of July.

T

Haha, I cleaned up at EMP yesterday but still got beat on three poster byEMP nut job bidders, who apparently don't know or care you can buy identical stuffz much cheaper on eBay...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2017, 02:14:13 AM »
Even though only a (non-printed) submission, were it to exist, I might consider this, were it printed & available, as it conveys a very ominous vibe, imho.

-Jeff

guest4995

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
I just posted one for sale in the FOR SALE section of the page- yeah, the price ain't going down anytime soon :)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=5040880

Probably one for the Mid Auction thread.  At the time of posting, $2k... and climbing.

Poor old Chop...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:09 PM »
My almost perfect, folded example of the Jaws US one sheet sold at Christie's in October 2015 for £1600 (after fees etc came out with £1238). That that would still be a great result today!
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2018, 08:19:21 PM »
I own a mint rolled copy of this poster.  Like the one being sold.  I got it in 2002, one of the first posters I ever bought, and paid $127.50.  I remember thinking it was too much.

Wish Chop had been there.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »
I own a mint rolled copy of this poster.  Like the one being sold.  I got it in 2002, one of the first posters I ever bought, and paid $127.50.  I remember thinking it was too much.

Wish Chop had been there.

T

Nice!
If you still think it's too much, I'll give you $150 for it!  thumbsup.gif
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »
Well, since I'm not a seller and never will be, I think every single poster is too much.  I will never see my money again.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
Well, since I'm not a seller and never will be, I think every single poster is too much.  I will never see my money again.

T

Well I don't mind freebies at all!
 qip
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:33:09 PM by AdamCarter1985 »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline steve5635

• Beginner
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
I finally got one,  however it is the Australian version. about 1/4 of the price of what the  USA version goes for. so I am very pleased and slowly getting used to the purple, and overall I think it is a rarer poster than the USA version. Bruce's site shows he has only sold 5 since 2010. ( I may be wrong on the exact number)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »
I finally got one,  however it is the Australian version. about 1/4 of the price of what the  USA version goes for. so I am very pleased and slowly getting used to the purple, and overall I think it is a rarer poster than the USA version. Bruce's site shows he has only sold 5 since 2010. ( I may be wrong on the exact number)

Looking forward to seeing it, if you decide to post a pic of it, Steve. Congrats on snagging your copy, too.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Desk

• Beginner
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »
A quick question for the forum, and I hope you'll excuse my ignorance around this.

I've seen various pictures of the US Jaws one-sheet, and the border containing the credits appears black in some shots and dark blue in others. Is this simply something to do with the way the picture has been taken, or is there a colouring variation?

Blue

Black

Many thanks,

Desk

Online Starling

• Collector
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
Hey Desk,

Yeah, it's just the lighting of the photograph.  It is dark blue in person.

Brian

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »
Speaking of Jaws, I saw that Susan Backline signs copies of this photo at shows she attends.
Is this a real poster, or did someone mock up this for her and include fold lines and everything when they made it?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com