Author Topic: CineMasterpieces Conversations  (Read 2287 times)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
Re: CineMasterpieces Conversations
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 11:58:54 AM »

One of the recent many thank you's we have received from an ebay buyer who bought a bunch of fake inserts from the notorious minty white peddlers. He tried to flip them and immediately sell them to us after he won them at auction.

"It is good that we had this conversation, upon doing some detective work, I discovered the seller of these inserts I own has had several negative hits in terms of selling counterfeit posters which leaves me no reason to believe my shining, clockwork orange, or ROTJ are legit. I initiated returns on ebay and the seller without a single iota of protest just accepted all three returns further confirming the fraudulent nature of these inserts. It is crazy how real and top notch they look though, since there were many bidders in these auctions I did not bother to check the sellers feedback score, Well now I know!
I will be getting a few hundred dollars back but still utter bummer though.
Thank you for the information on this."

-H

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Curator
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »
Egbert or Loce?  Have a pick!

T
My Personal Collection of 12,000 Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 04:30:00 PM »

as far as I know, egbert does not sell minty white inserts (even though he IS quite insane and does sell 27" x 40" Friday the 13th one sheets and rolled Manhattan one sheets). So it was definitely professor powers himself.

on another note........we sell the Star Wars style A one sheet bootleg (correctly described as such) on a regular basis. Today someone bought one and asked for a COA. Seriously.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Curator
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »
Do you stamp them, Dave?  I seem to recall you stamped them "reprint" on the back.

T

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »
Yes we stamp them 3 or 4 times all over the back "THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTER". You can see the stamps from the front if you hold them up to the light. I would even bet that if one were linen backed you could probably see the stamps if held up to the light looking at it from the back through the linen.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »
on another note........we sell the Star Wars style A one sheet bootleg (correctly described as such) on a regular basis. Today someone bought one and asked for a COA. Seriously.

That one resulted in a coffee splashing moment.  Just Perfect.

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »
My first Pawn Stars episode premieres tonight Monday April 17 on the History Channel.

:-*

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Curator
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
What's Pawn Stars?

T

Online erik1925

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Curator
    • My Posters
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 03:04:19 PM »
Oh.  Sorry, I don't watch reality TV.  How are you involved in this, Dave?

T

Offline archstanton

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
Hey Dave,

Can you tell us how "real" the show is, at least in your experience?  I always hear that a lot of the supposed transactions are fake or figured out beforehand, and then sort of acted out for the cameras. 

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »
S 14 E 3
Oh Holy Pawn!
TV-PG L
Get holy with the Pawn Stars as Rick gets the chance to purchase a page from the Gutenberg Bible. Known as the first printed book, will the single page break Rick’s bank or leave him wanting more? Then, Corey checks out a rare six-sheet movie poster from the classic “Ziegfeld Follies” that’s so big it doesn’t even fit on the counter. Will he offer a larger than life price, or leave the seller singing in the rain?

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »

Just like the kardashians, the show is 100% real  wynk dancingalien.gif

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 03:10:00 AM »
A brief but good evaluation on the show.   thumbup

spoiler It was interesting to only hear the "market value" appraisal, as I was thinking the cinemaster appraisal would also be included. 

In any case, great 6 sheet, with very nice George Petty, pin-up style art, featuring Lucille Ball.  8)

Offline archstanton

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
Hopefully it sends some more traffic to your site and into the hobby.  Any way to see the clip for those of us who don't pay for cable?

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »

Sorry, we can't post a clip. It is available on the pawn stars history channel website.