Author Topic: EMP selling repos and one sheets in the same auction  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
EMP selling repos and one sheets in the same auction
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:19:45 AM »
The latest EMP actuation has closed i feel that EMP should not be selling repos and one sheets together. Surely its best for everyone to have those auctions separate. Clear and transparent for the buyer. Thoughts?
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: EMP selling repos and one sheets in the same auction
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 04:17:24 AM »
The latest EMP actuation has closed i feel that EMP should not be selling repos and one sheets together. Surely its best for everyone to have those auctions separate. Clear and transparent for the buyer. Thoughts?

EMP has a current actuation that has one travel poster amongst the foreign movie posters. That might trick some buyer out. Especially as there is a travel actuation coming up in a few weeks I'm not sure why it is in there. Occasionally you see non  poster items within a poster auction, but as long as it is described as a mask or whatever rather than a poster I think it OK.

EMP will say if it is a repro, or a rerelease (with an R in front of the date eg R72)

I think OK to mix them as should be clear in the description. Probably not enough repros to sell to make regular actuations out of them

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:21:20 AM by 50s »

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »
EMP are always clear in their listings whether a poster is a repro, rerelease, commercial, etc. Unless someone has problems with their reading comprehension, it's a non issue. If someone does have comprehension issues, they have bigger problems than EMP listings.

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
EMP are always clear in their listings whether a poster is a repro, rerelease, commercial, etc. Unless someone has problems with their reading comprehension, it's a non issue. If someone does have comprehension issues, they have bigger problems than EMP listings.
thumbsup.gif 100%

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »
A pure repro auction would be a disaster for emovieposter.  Little would sell for the amount necessary to pay the costs.

Some items may be repro, but have value.  A well done, well understood repro of a poster that is out of reach for mere mortals is what I am thinking about.  S2 repros, and that Forbidden Planet half sheet I own are examples that sell for a few hundred dollars.

The line also gets very blurry.  Personally I consider fan club editions of popular titles to be nothing more than licensed reproductions.  Star Wars, BTTF, etc all fall into this category.  Yet the fan club edition often goes for more than the original.  Why?  Because it was never folded!

And that isn't even considering the Alamo Drafthouse and Mondo stuff.

In the end, I believe Bruce takes the correct approach by mixing it in and CLEARLY MARKING what it is.
-Jay-