Author Topic: Postage to Australia is killing me if there anyone in the USA that could help  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Hi everyone,

New to collecting everyone and i am finding many posters i really like but the postage to Australia from the US for one poster is about $20 - $25 or more. Some posters i like may only be $5 but it makes it $30 with the postage and many sellers use that priority shipping scam off ebay and can't bundle. For the newer posters i use Dale so thats covered but its more for the older ones he doesn't have. If i buy off EMP i pay around $60 postage via UPS for 20 - 30 posters in one tube which is great but many of the ones i like are on ebay and mostly cost much less than EMP. Plus looking and finding them is the best part!!!!!! I am wondering if there is a kind american out there who would be willing to receive my posters and bundle them up once a month or so to send to me. I understand this is an effort and would happily pay some $ for your time  (because i would be saving a lot i would want to share the benefits) or let me at least buy a poster for you from time to time if there was one you wanted. I am looking to move to Canada in a years time so it would only be for a short while.

To the powers that be if this is in the wrong section please move and accept my apologies

Thanks for reading everyone
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

guest4531

I feel you !!  Good luck !!

As I said earlier in another post, if I were living in America, I would consider doing exactly this, having a shipping warehouse/consignor and having partnership with auctions house...
I wrote to about ten shipping companies in USA to find if they can offer such service, none replied.

So, fellow Americans, if you know any company in USA who can offer such services against fee (to cover storage, transport and insurance), it would nice to share !   6 weeks is too short in EMP (unless you buy a lot but for people like who has a wishlist, it is too short) and yes, buying a single poster can be expensive in shipping...  I would be happy with a shipment every six months :)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Thanks mate hopefully ill find someone, more than happy to pay some dollars for time and effort. See how i go - great business idea too there is market there for such a service no doubt!!
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)