Author Topic: BEST of TV BOX SETs  (Read 2999 times)

Mirosae

BEST of TV BOX SETs
« on: June 03, 2016, 05:07:00 AM »
I appreciate some TV series (Band of Brothers, Walking Dead, Orange is the new black, and of course, Breaking Bad). Below are my new list. Anything new out there?

1- Locked Up: Spanish TV series currently showing on UK channel 4; It is not Organge is the new black but just as good. It is a mixture of a thriller with a solid plot and stories about what is going on in a female prison - yes, you get all the usual plus a lot more. I really think is very good.

2- The Disappearance which is showing on BBC4 which is and based on Spanish award-winning series Desaparecida (2007-2008). Set in Lyon, seventeen-year-old Léa Morel suddenly goes missing, leaving her family to suffer and anguish over her fate. As the police investigate the disappearance and the Morels fall deeper into despair, the people around them – friends and family members – are unveiled as a suspicious ensemble of characters, each with secrets of their own to hide.

3- The original Spanish Desaparecida is just like watching your closest family going through this. Not an investigation per se but how an event like this can totally destroy and transform your private environment, oh man. Good. You can watch it for free in the rtve (Spanish);

4- Billions havent watched it yet, but he is a joy to watch so it must be good

Any others??

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:07:28 AM by Mirosae »

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
Re: BEST of TV BOX SETs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:22:07 PM »
Hmm, I try not to watch many shows any more. I'd rather invest that time watching films (+ partly bc I become easily frustrated/disappointed with most shows :-\)

Some obvious but seriously awesomesauce top-tier:

The Sopranos
The Wire
Deadwood (:'()
True Detective

Messy but also engaging: Boardwalk Empire

BBC's Happy Valley was decent. Peaky Blinders too (currently on air)

For funnies I loved The Larry Sanders show, Strangers with Candy. Sketch stuff: Mr Show, Chappelle's Show is goat stuff.

There's also a few animated series that I wouldn't miss for anything... maybe I do watch too much television

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
Re: BEST of TV BOX SETs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
I just finished watching Bloodline on Netflix, first season was a bit slow to start but it really picked and season 2 was riveting