Author Topic: June 2016  (Read 28939 times)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
Re: JUNE!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 12:55:06 AM »
I see them now. Oooo i dig them...especially the PANCHO VILLA one (Is cabeza head? skull? Something like that...), Another score-a-rama for you! Congratulations!

Yep, "cabeza" is head ("calavera" is skull). I figured that poster would fit your tastes!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
Aussie daybill for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

The vivid and colorful art is by Mike Vaughan.

I think this was some of the most beautiful art done for the title. When I first saw it, the rich, saturated color and overall design grabbed me right away.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:06:56 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
That Indy is very nice. I've not seen that poster before.  Good find and congratulations.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »
Nice one Jeff, you do know he's named after the dog right?
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »
Nice one Jeff, you do know he's named after the dog right?

That Indy is very nice. I've not seen that poster before.  Good find and congratulations.

Thanks, guys.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:07:15 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4816

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 04:22:48 AM »
nice additions erik.is this indiana poster unique in artwork found in no other poster?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »
nice additions erik.is this indiana poster unique in artwork found in no other poster?

Thanks, ezhil.

Looks like this art was used on the UK one sheet:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/7282347.html

And then in Australia, on the daybills and AU one sheet posters, too:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/15400587.html

But it doesnt look like the Vaughan art was used on any US posters, but I dont know for certain.

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »
Nice catch Jeff  thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »
Like Jeff said, these are the only 3 variations of the Vaughan poster.  Aussie and UK.

My little Indy collection

T
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:32:25 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 04:26:44 AM »
I got this lovely Argentinian Rumble Fish which arrived at my office recently and then of course a week later, the seller has another for sale, hmmmm but mine is legit. Perhaps another for you, EatBrie?

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »
Aussie daybill for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Awesome grab, Jeff. I've never had much of a desire to nab any Indy posters, but I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this art.

Two new additions...

Re-Animator (French) : I love the art on this one. Everytime I pick up one of these Frenchies, I'm always blown away by the size, though I have a handful in my collection. Two of my boys make a cameo to give my Instagram followers a frame of reference on the size.

Legend of Billie Jean : Haven't seen this since I was probably ten years old, but I remember loving it, and the memory of this film has always stuck with me for one reason or another.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »

Next time, could you please place one child in the horizontal direction, rather than both in the vertical, for better sense of scale, thanks

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
 ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2016, 11:02:33 PM »

Next time, could you please place one child in the horizontal direction, rather than both in the vertical, for better sense of scale, thanks

;D

Or, you said "two of my boys", put two more in the horizontal direction.

Btw, love the quote on this poster...  He thinks he's God, but God hates competition.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
Awesome grab, Jeff. I've never had much of a desire to nab any Indy posters, but I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this art.

Two new additions...

Re-Animator (French) : I love the art on this one. Everytime I pick up one of these Frenchies, I'm always blown away by the size, though I have a handful in my collection. Two of my boys make a cameo to give my Instagram followers a frame of reference on the size.

Great Re-Animator piece there, Chris. And i'm liking the 2 "measuring stix" for proportion and size, too.  ;D
Any idea who did the art?

And i'm with you on some of the Indy stuff. I like the Amsel art of Ford, but the brown background (on US posters) not as much. So when I saw the very colorful art on the daybill (and I wasnt even familiar with it), it really jumped out at me and caught my eye.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:11:41 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 11:48:50 PM »
Thierry Watorek drew the Re-Animator.

And you would have known about Indy had you checked my website.  Just sayin'.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »
Thanks, T.

Other thing is.. Indy stuff was never in my main sights, so i never have done a detailed check and looked at other country's posters with any kind of regularity.

The other that I really do like the look of, tho, too, is the Polish OS for Raiders.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 12:29:27 AM »
Thanks, T.

Other thing is.. Indy stuff was never in my main sights, so i never have done a detailed check and looked at other country's posters with any kind of regularity.

The other that I really do like the look of, tho, too, is the Polish OS for Raiders.

Indy is awesome, Indiana Jones posters are awesome.

Which Polish poster?  There are 5 for Raiders and 2 for ToD.  And I'm not talking about the numbered repros Bruce has been selling.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 12:50:36 AM »
Yeah, I saw that there are multiple Polish poster designs... but i didnt want to be too specific.  ;D

And what are these "numbered repros" you are talking about?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:20:26 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 04:34:53 PM »

Or, you said "two of my boys", put two more in the horizontal direction.

T

Only one more boy, sorry to say... I'd be tempted to appease the masses calling for better scaling, but I'm afraid he might drool all over it. You all will have to live with my feeble attempt.  ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
Yeah, I saw that there are multiple Polish poster designs... but i didnt want to be too specific.  ;D

And what are these "numbered repros" you are talking about?

The ones that are numbered and signed.  I think Bruce is selling an entire batch of 50, one after the other.  There is a Raider and an Empire, if I recall.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »
A big thank you to Mike (Undead) for finding this one for me at a much cheaper price than I was willing to pay.  And folded vs linenbacked, which makes it an even better deal.

happy1 happy1 happy1

T
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:09:33 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »
A big thank you to Mike (Undead) for finding this one for me at a much cheaper price than I was willing to pay.  And folded vs linenbacked, which makes it an even better deal.

happy1 happy1 happy1

T

Awesome, T. Matt seems to be helping a lot of folks our here lately.

Is there a reason you'd prefer folded vs. linen back, regardless of price... or is your comment strictly for pricing reasons?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »
I ALWAYS stay away from LB posters.  To me, a folded poster is WAY more valuable than a linenbacked poster.

Main reason: you never know what kind of work has been done to your poster.  A good restorer can hide a lot of stuff.  I was burned early on and I never came back.  I will always look for a clean folded copy and will pass on 99% of LB posters.  If I know I will not be able to find a good folded copy, I will buy a shitty one before I buy a LB copy.  LB is last resort.  If my folded copy is bad, I will have it linenbacked myself.  At least I know what's up.

I will only buy a LB copy if it is the ONLY one I can find.

Also, storage is a big element.  I own almost 12,000 movie posters, and LB posters take a lot of room.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2016, 09:15:11 PM »
among the great stuff I picked up this past weekend at Cinevent was a rare pressbook for Human Wreckage

32 pages inc a herald and it's broadsheet size. in the middle is a color section showing every poster for the movie, including the great 24 sheet shown below.

sorry for the imprint. I don't want pirates taking the images

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:18:01 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------