Author Topic: Good bye to one of our own: RIP Lynn Naron  (Read 7395 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Good bye to one of our own: RIP Lynn Naron
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:19:15 PM »
Very saddened to hear the news this morning that Lynn lost recent battle in trying to recover from a stroke.
A wonderful person, and a good friend, he will be well missed in the community.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Good bye to one of our own: RIP Lynn Naron
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:22:50 PM »
Oh no!

Speechless at the moment. He was a true collector and always willing to give advice or answer questions.

He will indeed be missed.

RIP, Lynn.  :'(

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »
Truly wonderful person. Sad to hear this Sean. RIP Lynn

His signature

"I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality."

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:05:38 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that, to the people who knew him.

Although he was just a "collector" perhaps we could grant him "curator" status.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
This is the worst news I've heard all year, Lynn will be missed on these boards, one of the best, a true fan and collector.

I'll be watching Return of the Vampire tonight in his honour...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:58:25 PM »
Oh no, that's terrible!  I may have only ever known him digitally, but he will be sadly missed. He was a true class act that always elevated the discussion around these parts.  So sad today  :-[

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
Sad day, RIP.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »
definitely a sad moment. Lynn was a great guy & I was looking forward to seeing him in Columbus this week and discussing, among other things, politics...

I'll miss ya bro

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Mirosae

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
This is terribly sad. I never met Lynn. I never knew the man. Only knew  the collector and APF contributer. He came across as a good and decent  man.

I will miss his posts. He will be missed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:05:49 PM by Mirosae »

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
Horrible news.
Lynn was a wonderful friend and a great person. He stayed at our place here in Berlin several times and we talked about movies and posters.
I was hoping he'd pull through but I guess he wanted to meet Bela Lugosi too badly....

Armin

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »
A couple years before I joined APF, I had communicated with Lynn thru NS4 and we discussed horror material a bit. We also discussed Lon Chaney and Lynn burned me a DVD with images (camerascope images), taken during the construction of some of the exterior sets for Hunchback and shots from Phantom of the Opera as well.

The cool thing is these werent typical publicity photos sent out to outside publications but were seemingly taken for Universal's own internal studio monthly magazine. Lynn titled the DVD: "Uncle Carl's Camerascope"

He was just generous in that kind of way.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »
Hmmm.  While not knowing the chap, very sad to hear.

I hope he had a long and interesting life.

RIP.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »
Very sad.  :'(
May he rest in peace.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
Oh no  :-[   Good contributions to the forums. Puts life things back in perspective

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
Puts life things back in perspective

This.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 11:55:41 PM »
And in addition to this ultimate tragedy, here's wishing Lynn's wife, Katie, a continued rapid recovery, too.

I read on FB (their son's post) that she fell from the ramp of the moving truck, while they were either loading or unloading their possessions, and broke her wrist and leg in the fall.

Prayers go out to the entire Naron family.

-Jeff

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 05:13:19 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear this news. I always enjoyed reading Lynn's posts and seeing images of his collection. My thoughts and best wishes to his family.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
I never knew Lynn personally but he seemed to me, through his contributions here, to be a thoroughly decent fellow.

Mark

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:53 AM »
I'm very sad to hear about this.

I believe that he was a former Seattleite.  We frequented many of the same cinemas for years, but never met even online until after he moved out of town.  He never got involved in all of the guff on NS4GE, much to his credit.

I'll miss his kind words and enthusiasm for the hobby that we all enjoy.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »
This was posted to Lynn's Facebook page on June 5th. Humorous and touching at the same time:

"Hello, All.

As you know I passed away on Tuesday May 31st at 10am North Carolina time. Kate is doing good and surround by family, My favorite son, Mark Naron is helping my beautiful wife Kate pack up the house in N.C. to get ready to sell in the near future. Yes, Kate is moving back to the Seattle area and she will be well taken care of by both Mark and Tim Sweeney. Everybody has been asking about my Memorial service, well, we are going to party like I was here with you. LynnBBQfest 2016 will be sometime in August, I want EVERYBODY to talk behind my back in the good way like I'm in the bathroom...... For an extended period of time.

More details will come in July for the August LynnBBQfest in Shoreline, Wash. Until then If you would like any family updates, My conservative, right wing, God fearing Son, Mark Naron will be more than happy to give you family updates, and like I said, the LynnBBQfest info will be released Mid-July on my FB Page...

Well, All. I'm off to hang with Bela, Boris and Lon. Thank you for all the great times we had, I truly loved you all!"

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
This post was written by Lynn's son Mark, over on NSF at the time of Lynn's passing. I emailed Mark and asked if he would be OK with me putting it on APF, explaining to him that Lynn was a forum member here, too. Mark kindly said it was fine to put his post on this board, as well. It sounds, too, like some of Lynn's collection will be put on display in Seattle's EMP Museum (http://www.empmuseum.org/), which is great news:

Hello, All. 

This is Mark, Lynn's son.  I wanted to let you know that my Dad Lynn past away today May 31st. at 10am.  His wishes on his Horror and SiFi memorabilia was to make sure it continues to live on the walls, bookcases and mantels of the fans that love it. 

So in the next few months I am cataloging his collection for both public sale and keeping some privately held for EMP Museum showcasing that will last the test of time.  I am not a Forum guy, but I do know my Dad enjoyed this format and SciFi conventions.  If you want to talk in person my email is info@fastbackstudios.com

I live in Seattle. 

I appreciate your time - Mark Naron

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »
I don't think I ever had any interaction with Lynn on here. However, it is nice to see him remembered and respected by so many APFers. That is a real tribute to him and to the membership on here.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
This most recent post to Lynn's FB page, from a handful of days ago (6/14). A good, positive and enjoyable read:

"Hello, All. Just a quick update while I'm away from you for awhile. My estate is in negotiation with the EMP Museum in Seattle to showcase my Si-Fi collection this October. If it all comes together, I will be sending out invites. As I mentioned before, My beautiful wife Kate will be moving back to Seattle soon, we are putting the house in North Carolina up for sale the first week of July.

I got thinking about the After Life and Social Media and well the bottom line I'm going to continue to haunt you from the grave because I still have unfinished business to take care of.." ( Insert, Thunder and screaming sounds ).

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 01:31:31 AM »
Still trying to come to terms with this shocking news  :-[
Chris

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »
Wow I'm just hearing about this. Lynn will be missed by all. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk