Author Topic: How much does shipping a bulk lot from eMovieposter usually cost?  (Read 9147 times)

guest4805

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place. If it's not, I would appreciate it if a moderator would move it.

I'm interested in a bulk lot from eMovieposter.com (~50 posters, shipped rolled). As you may know, shipping is actual cost for most bulk lots (which is understandable).

Has anyone purchased a similarly sized rolled bulk lot from eMovieposter? If so, what was the approximate cost? I know it won't be the exact cost for this lot, but I'm just trying to get an idea of the cost.

Thanks! :)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Re: How much does shipping a bulk lot from eMovieposter usually cost?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
What country do you live in? If you are in the U.S. what state do you live in?

That has a major effect on the cost of shipping!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 11:31:54 AM »
Can I hijack?  Sorry cauchemar....  How much would such a lot cost to ship to Japan?

guest4805

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:21:53 PM »
What country do you live in? If you are in the U.S. what state do you live in?

That has a major effect on the cost of shipping!

Sorry, I should have included that!

I live in the US, in Missouri.

Thanks for the help! :)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »
Can I hijack?  Sorry cauchemar....  How much would such a lot cost to ship to Japan?

I am curious for you too D. The tube I sent you which is much much much lighter (3ish lbs) sent USPS "priority inernational" and fully insured was $60USD. I would have sent it USPS "First class" which is more economical price and used a third-party for insurance. But I have never made a claim with a third party insurer and definitely didn't want to take a chance with your posters.

When Bruce lets you know and you happen to win one this week, I am offering to pay half the shipping since I was so late getting your posters to you. Have a great weekend. Jason
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:48:36 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »
I am curious for you too D. The tube I sent you which is much much much lighter (3ish lbs) sent USPS "priority inernational" and fully insured was $60USD. I would have sent it USPS "First class" which is more economical price and used a third-party for insurance. But I have never made a claim with a third party insurer and definitely didn't want to take a chance with your posters.

When Bruce lets you know and you happen to win one this week, I am offering to pay half the shipping since I was so late getting your posters to you. Have a great weekend. Jason
Those posters were packed like Fort Knox, I'll be posting pics soon so people can see what I mean. 
As for the lots, that's a very kind offer, if I win one this week I'll be sure to take you up on it  thumbsup.gif
Cheers!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »
Sorry, I should have included that!

I live in the US, in Missouri.

Thanks for the help! :)

Since you live in the same state we are in, it would be as low as possible. You can guess at the weight, and then check the price from West Plains MO to you via Ground UPS and Priority Mail (the two cheapest options) and then add $3 for packing material.

We are closed now, otherwise I could give you an exact price (if I knew which lot it was).
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 05:04:26 PM »

The only way is pretty expensive (maybe $100 or so).  But if the posters go for a low enough amount, they could still be worth the shipping cost (we sell a lot of our bulk lots overseas).

But please don't bid unless you are CERTAIN you will pay the shipping.

We are closed now, otherwise I could give you an exact price (if I knew which lot it was).

guest4805

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:01 PM »
Since you live in the same state we are in, it would be as low as possible. You can guess at the weight, and then check the price from West Plains MO to you via Ground UPS and Priority Mail (the two cheapest options) and then add $3 for packing material.

That's fine! The fact you took the time to come on here and reply shows how much you care about your business and your customers!  thumbsup.gif

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 10:39:17 AM »
The only way is pretty expensive (maybe $100 or so).  But if the posters go for a low enough amount, they could still be worth the shipping cost (we sell a lot of our bulk lots overseas).

But please don't bid unless you are CERTAIN you will pay the shipping.

Thanks very much for the reply Bruce, unfortunately I missed out on the lots I was interested in ...
But again thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!
Jason ... thank you for the offer maybe next time ....  ;)