Author Topic: Thai Movie Posters  (Read 49775 times)

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
Re: Thai Movie Posters
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »
Hi QuadFather, I was fortunate once to hold and examine closely this original painting and it is everything you described and more!   Okie

Yep I believe Santi owns the original painting so you must have seen it in his flat. I'm fortunate to have a couple of these Thai HOWLING posters. Amazing design.

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2019, 05:10:06 AM »
Hamburger Hill. Cool and larger sized poster. One sheet but original paintings were on two canvas, hence line in the middle.

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2019, 07:32:58 AM »
Imaginative design by Tong Dee. I especially like the line of battle-ready soldiers that extends diagonally from the top of the poster to the bottom left. And the images of war in the bottom right are extremely well painted.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »
Hamburger Hill. Cool and larger sized poster. One sheet but original paintings were on two canvas, hence line in the middle.

Nice going on getting the larger size poster, Marc!!!  Looks to be in very nice condition, too.  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2019, 11:21:25 PM »
Imaginative design by Tong Dee. I especially like the line of battle-ready soldiers that extends diagonally from the top of the poster to the bottom left. And the images of war in the bottom right are extremely well painted.

Tong Dee has a great and imaginative eye. Not even a question on his artistic talent and ability.

-Jeff

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2020, 09:56:34 PM »
It has been a while so here are some lobby cards for The Terminator

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:26 PM »
King Kong Lives.

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2020, 10:14:59 PM »
When comedy was king - by Neet.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »
Hi Marc, Glad you are posting!  I hope you are safe in HK!  When Comedy was King is so surprising to me to have a Thai poster!  I say that because it's a genre that might be challenging to translate (not just language) for Thai audiences.  Then again, physical comedy, silent comedy, and classic comedy may do okay.  Cool find.. Okie

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »
Hi All, Great to see some Thai posters featuring on here again. The TERMINATOR lobby cards I've never seen before, so must be rare.  WHEN COMEDY WAS KING was painted by Neet, who some of you will know for his amazing Thai posters for DAWN OF THE DEAD, PHANTASM and HALLOWEEN.  KING KONG LIVES  was painted by Tong Dee, who needs no introduction on here.  Keep the Thai posters coming! It's always a pleasure to see them.

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
Hi Okie, Yes all good here in HK thanks - we have been dealing with it for a couple of months already. Hope that everyone else is also staying safe.
Quadfather, yes I agree I have not seen too many Thai lobby cards. I have a couple others that I will post now. I will make an extra effort to keep on posting this week.

stay safe,
Marc

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2020, 04:08:32 AM »
And here is the Conan poster to go with the lobby cards. Great artwork by Kwow.

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:52 AM »
I can't remember if I've posted this one on here before - possibly not. It's such a beautiful poster - much better than the film itself. Art by the great Tong Dee. The film is BLOODSTONE - SUBSPECIES 2.

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2020, 11:23:28 AM »
Here is the Thai poster for SNAKE WOMAN. I know nothing about this film. I believe it is the film on imdb listed as REN TOU SHE,  a 1983 Taiwan film. Can anyone advise? Regardless, the poster is a real tour de force. As ever, the Thai artist (anonymous in this case) really gives full value for money, packing details into every inch of his canvas.  Do click on the image and expand it to enjoy everything that is going on. My guess is that the artist is Poj (aka Supoj).

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2020, 01:09:45 AM »
Cool Thai posters, Quad!  Okie

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »
Awesome posters Quad. So gory and so many details. Posters are usually better than the movies!

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2020, 07:14:07 AM »
Here's one I don't think has been posted before. THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES starring Vincent Price. Artwork by FourArt. Great colour and some good images of attacks by rat, bat and cockroach! I've never seen another one of these, so my copy may be the only one that has survived. I will wait for some on this site to prove me wrong! (I am always happy to be proved wrong.)

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
Just remembered there was a controversy on here some time ago about the use of watermarks.  What is the accepted position?

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »
Great Dr Phibes poster, much better than the UK and US version!

Offline ab8mf

• Beginner
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »
Dr Phibes is a great poster! Love it.

Tarzan Lobby Cards

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2020, 06:08:11 AM »
Here's another little masterpiece painted by Tong Dee.  Click on the image and zoom in to really appreciate the amount of detail and care that have gone into this. Every scale on the woman's body and every bat in the background is carefully painted. Can anyone translate the Thai title? 

Offline CaprEazy

• Beginner
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2021, 12:34:44 AM »
Just picked up this House II Thai poster by correct me if I’m wrong, Jinda.

Anyone else get anything recently?

Let’s keep this thread going! These posters are great.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2021, 02:36:19 AM »
I couldn't agree more.  This thread has made me want to collect Thai posters many times over.  Alas, I haven't seen many of them lately.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2021, 09:19:35 PM »
Thai posters are so garishly fun!  Here are some recent acquisitions:

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2021, 05:03:41 AM »
That's a fabulous selection of Thai posters, Antoine1973.