Movie Posters > Posters By Country

How to Help Date Japanese Posters - Post 1965

(1/3) > >>

erik1925:
From Armin's website and I think it would be good to have this info here, too, as a general reference tool, using the Eirin number, whch was introduced in 1965.

http://posteroid.com/Poster%20Info%20Folder/Determining%20a%20poster%27s%20age.php

erik1925:
I inquired with Armin about JP RR posters that might use the same artwork (and therefore be difficult to distinguish from a first release poster).

He wrote me back and said that re-release posters have (are given) a new Eirin number to reflect the re-release year.

There were some and exceptions and a few cases where Eirin numbers were mixed up when the posters were printed and the RR poster had the same number as the first release. The poster for BULLITT is one example.

Undead:
Thanks for the info Jeff, wonder if the ER is another example.

erik1925:
Maybe Armin will chime in here and the other thread, too.  :D

Posteroid:
I am aware of three rereleases that have the same Eirin number as the first release: BULLIT, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and ROSEMARY'S BABY.
They can be easily detected though. BULLIT RR has the Oscar statue, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE RR has completely different artwork and ROSEMARY'S BABY RR has a CIC logo.

Regarding EASY RIDER: The film was released three times theatrically in Japan (1970, 1972 and 1995). Not sure if the same Eirin number was used. But as you can see from the very small number of known "screw ups" above, chances are that the Eirin number was updated.

Armin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version