Author Topic: Nordicposters  (Read 7497 times)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
Nordicposters
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
How have people's experience been with www.nordicposters.com?  I've seen a few posts referring people to the page for picture references but haven't seen any comments about doing business with them... anyone have anything to share?  Some of the reviews from Googling them are good, others not so great.  Would like to hear what an APFer has to say...
Cheers  :)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: Nordicposters
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »
I've purchased once before. The poster arrived damaged due to poor packaging but they did replace it with another, slightly better packaged poster.

I couldn't give them a glowing review but they did solve the problem with no fuss. I guess with all dealers it's a bit of a gamble.

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
Thanks very much Skyjackers!  :D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:16:43 PM »
I have, many times.  Never a problem.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 10:41:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, think I'll take the plunge ;D

Mirosae

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 04:02:02 AM »
I never bought anything from them. But some of their posters are really exquisite.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 04:58:36 AM »
Sounds like you have decided to go ahead. But for what it's worth, I have bought a couple of posters from Nordic. I'd agree that their packaging could be beefed up but my posters arrived relatively unscathed and I have found them straight forward to deal with. Nice selection, too.

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Mardukas  :)  Cheers!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »
I never bought anything from them. But some of their posters are really exquisite.
Right?!  I spent almost a whole morning just clicking through stuff, my mouse button hovering over the shopping cart :D

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
I would just say go ahead and buy (as long as it's not something I want) and give them clear instructions of how you'd like it packaged. They must sell many posters and get it right most of the time I'm sure. Good luck!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
I can add this: they were not responsive to packaging instructions or suggestions. That was my experience with them.

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
Unfortunately it sounds like it's going to be a bit of a gamble  :-\

guest4288

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 09:05:52 AM »
Been trying for several days to contact to place an order but so far heard nothing?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »
Been trying for several days to contact to place an order but so far heard nothing?

Did you actually send them the titles you were wanting to buy? Or were you doing a general inquiry?

-Jeff

guest4288

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 03:31:24 AM »
Did you actually send them the titles you were wanting to buy? Or were you doing a general inquiry?

Both! Placed the order, gave my details on how I'd like to pay but no response! Then sent a general inquiry and a separate email but still nothing. :-(

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 11:07:03 PM »
I placed an order using their shopping cart on August 9th, got a reply back on August 12 from Mary.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
I placed an order using their shopping cart on August 9th, got a reply back on August 12 from Mary.

Good to hear she replied back to you, Devin.  :D

She always does when it comes to orders or inquiries, so its really odd that elvis has heard nothing.

Both! Placed the order, gave my details on how I'd like to pay but no response! Then sent a general inquiry and a separate email but still nothing. :-(

Evis... I would try emailing her again. Maybe she overlooked your email order by accident.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:03:11 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4288

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
Good to hear she replied back to you, Devin.  :D

She always does when it comes to orders or inquiries, so its really odd that elvis has heard nothing.

Evis... I would try emailing her again. Maybe she overlooked your email order by accident.

Had an email from Mary yesterday and order is placed! I'll report back when it arrives on packaging etc.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »
Had an email from Mary yesterday and order is placed! I'll report back when it arrives on packaging etc.

Great!

Keep us posted on how it all goes, elvis.

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Hey all,
Just posted some pix in September acquisitions of a Kill Bill and an Infernal Affairs poster that came from Nordic.  Mary (the Nordic contact person) took a while to get back to me but all of the interaction was great.  I actually ordered 2 copies of the Infernal Affairs but a few days after the order went through Mary sent me an email saying they only had one copy and had refunded my PayPal.  So no problems.

When I placed the order, I added in the comments to please pad the ends of the tubes.  The tube arrived as expected (about 10 days), the posters were wrapped in craft paper (sized just past the end of the posters), the posters moved a little bit in the tube and there was one piece of padding (tissue or bubble wrap, I don't remember) at each end.  The posters had a few dings on the edges.

My feeling was: they did what was needed but the minimum needed.  Not like Bruce's packing where I could let a pack of 6 year olds have a go at the tube and everything would be fine.  So I was a bit disappointed (but just a bit) .... I would still order again from them.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
Cool.
Good news to hear.
I have a few posters in mind on their site.
Think I'll pull the trigger.

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
My feeling was: they did what was needed but the minimum needed.  Not like Bruce's packing where I could let a pack of 6 year olds have a go at the tube and everything would be fine.  So I was a bit disappointed (but just a bit) .... I would still order again from them.

MORE LIKE NOR-DICK POSTERS IF U ASK ME >:D :-\

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »
Hey all,
Just posted some pix in September acquisitions of a Kill Bill and an Infernal Affairs poster that came from Nordic.  Mary (the Nordic contact person) took a while to get back to me but all of the interaction was great.  I actually ordered 2 copies of the Infernal Affairs but a few days after the order went through Mary sent me an email saying they only had one copy and had refunded my PayPal.  So no problems.

When I placed the order, I added in the comments to please pad the ends of the tubes.  The tube arrived as expected (about 10 days), the posters were wrapped in craft paper (sized just past the end of the posters), the posters moved a little bit in the tube and there was one piece of padding (tissue or bubble wrap, I don't remember) at each end.  The posters had a few dings on the edges.

This was my packaging experience with them, too, Devin. Kraft paper barely cut to size and just beyond the width of the posters.

But at least you got padded, end tube "bumpers." Mine had none and there was a lot of slide back and forth. NOT a good way to package, even when asked to put a few pieces of paper towel or tissue in either end, and have that ignored. Id like to order from them again, too, but Id also like them to take a bit more care. No one wants to receive a poster with crimped edges because of this packaging oversight or, dare I say, laziness.  :-\

-Jeff