Author Topic: Aiden's newbie poster collections  (Read 17349 times)

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
Aiden's newbie poster collections
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:23:15 AM »
Just want to share the posters i collected so far ( I just started this month)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:33:12 AM by Aiden »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: Aiden's newbie poster collections
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
Welcome, Aiden!  Quite a lovely lot of posters you have there...especially for only being a collector for a month. I am especially fond of the SPECTRE (love my James Bond movies) and the art on the STAR WARS 7 posters (although I'm not a big Star Wars fan in general). Keep up the good work. By the way, what made you decide to collect movie posters in the first place? Always curious about that...   Also, on the SPECTRE and STAR WARS posters i noticed a sticker or something stating "For theatrical use only". I've never seen that before. What's the story with those? Do you know? Anyway, welcome aboard. CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »
Welcome, Aiden!  Quite a lovely lot of posters you have there...especially for only being a collector for a month. I am especially fond of the SPECTRE (love my James Bond movies) and the art on the STAR WARS 7 posters (although I'm not a big Star Wars fan in general). Keep up the good work. By the way, what made you decide to collect movie posters in the first place? Always curious about that...   Also, on the SPECTRE and STAR WARS posters i noticed a sticker or something stating "For theatrical use only". I've never seen that before. What's the story with those? Do you know? Anyway, welcome aboard. CHEERS!
Hi thank you i really appreciate it, well in my younger years im so fond of collecting things like nba cards now as an adult i kinda have the itch back this time movie posters. Those posters that i have are all authentic because those are the exact poster being displayed in cinemas thats why it has a sticker and serial number i just happened to know somebody that works in cinemas and snuck it out .

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »
Hi Aiden...  Are you in Canada?  I am trying to figure out the snipes at the bottom and I've only seen those on domestic posters from Canada.  Else, wonderful start with the Force Awakens - Jealous.

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 09:44:57 PM »
Hi Aiden...  Are you in Canada?  I am trying to figure out the snipes at the bottom and I've only seen those on domestic posters from Canada.  Else, wonderful start with the Force Awakens - Jealous.
Hey Charlie thanks! I wish i were from canada but im in Asia . The posters i have are the original displays from cinemas straight out of the lightbox.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:56:52 PM »
Are you in Iran or in Japan?  Asia is a big place.  Can you narrow it down a little so we know what country does snipes?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 05:31:27 AM »
My guess is India, although I do not know too many Aiden's from India

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Hi guys i asked emovieposter about my spectre poster if the price could be much closer to the same design of the photoboth spectre poster that was sold for $1,050 and this was their response......"I would think so, but if yours is a double-sided one-sheet, it could potentially be more (because collectors tend to prefer one-sheets to other sizes). But another consideration is that while the movie is in pre-release and during it's initial screening, the posters tend to auction for more. But after the movie has been out for a while, the prices tend to tapper off and sometimes can go quite low. However, I don't know how rare your poster is (we haven't had it yet which might be an indication of rarity), and that rarity certainly has an impact on long term "value" as well.."

There are quite a few factors in play!  -emovieposter

I never thought poster collecting is this fun

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
My guess is Malaysia.

Mark

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
With the new avatar, my guess of India is on shaky ground

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 09:50:20 PM »
Aiden, is your Spectre OS a double sided poster?

-Jeff

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
Aiden, is your Spectre OS a double sided poster?
Yes erick it is..same image at the back only lighter. Doublesided

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »
Aiden, Do you know, does the theater attach that snipe (sticker), or are they delivered that way, with it already on the poster?

-Jeff

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »
Aiden, Do you know, does the theater attach that snipe (sticker), or are they delivered that way, with it already on the poster?
Actually Eric all the posters i have are the exact poster that was posted in the cinema thats why it has a snipe after the film has been shown my friend will sell it to me who works there. Yes the snipe is already in the poster when i bought them.

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
Do you remove the snipes on your poster Erick? And should i remove it?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 10:35:54 PM »
Actually Eric all the posters i have are the exact poster that was posted in the cinema thats why it has a snipe after the film has been shown my friend will sell it to me who works there. Yes the snipe is already in the poster when i bought them.

I know you said you got these from someone that works at a theater, so yes, they are legit. But i didnt know of the posters were delievered to the theater with the snipe already attached? Or does the theater put them on, after getting them? Your theater friend would know, probably.  :)

I would leave them on. They are part of the history of the posters and none are in a place that gets in the way of the art or imagery.

Do the snipes bother you?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:38:54 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »
I know you said you got these from someone that works at a theater, so yes, they are legit. But i didnt know of the posters were delievered to the theater with the snipe already attached? Or does the theater put them on, after getting them? Your theater friend would know, probably.  :)

I would leave them on. They are part of the history of the posters and none are in a place that gets in the way of the art or imagery.
Let me ask him later Erick if the theater made those stickers or it already came with snipe, ok i will leave those snipes as is.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »
With the new avatar, my guess of India is on shaky ground

I'm thinking more like Indonesia or the Philippines.  I vaguely remember the use of stickers on posters in that part of the world.  A lot of reprints come from over there and it is a good way to differentiate reprints from originals.  I could be wrong.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 10:55:22 PM »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 11:02:45 PM »
Hi guys i asked emovieposter about my spectre poster if the price could be much closer to the same design of the photoboth spectre poster that was sold for $1,050 and this was their response......"I would think so, but if yours is a double-sided one-sheet, it could potentially be more (because collectors tend to prefer one-sheets to other sizes). But another consideration is that while the movie is in pre-release and during it's initial screening, the posters tend to auction for more. But after the movie has been out for a while, the prices tend to tapper off and sometimes can go quite low. However, I don't know how rare your poster is (we haven't had it yet which might be an indication of rarity), and that rarity certainly has an impact on long term "value" as well.."

There are quite a few factors in play!  -emovieposter

I never thought poster collecting is this fun

Aiden, may I suggest (if you want to consign your poster with Emovieposter) that you make efforts to handle your posters as delicately as possible.  I dont want to see any selfies with your sandals on, or your remote controls holding the bottom pieces together.  You need to lay them flat on the ground, take your pics, roll them up and minimize the damage.  It is a very important aspect of this hobby.  Aside from that...keep up the good work!   thumbsup.gif

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »
Why won't he just tell us?

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »
Aiden, may I suggest (if you want to consign your poster with Emovieposter) that you make efforts to handle your posters as delicately as possible.  I dont want to see any selfies with your sandals on, or your remote controls holding the bottom pieces together.  You need to lay them flat on the ground, take your pics, roll them up and minimize the damage.  It is a very important aspect of this hobby.  Aside from that...keep up the good work!   thumbsup.gif
Ooopsie rookie mistake...Thanks Vick I'll take note of that..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 11:43:45 PM »
It is a very important aspect of this hobby.

Very true.  Condition is key, almost as important as the art itself.  Some people will accept minimal damages, others, like me, want their modern posters to be in absolute pristine condition, which means as new as when they got out of the printer. 

You probably get your posters for free, so it doesn't really matter, but should you decide to spend some money on paper, I would strongly advise that you pay attention to condition.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »
Very true.  Condition is key, almost as important as the art itself.  Some people will accept minimal damages, others, like me, want their modern posters to be in absolute pristine condition, which means as new as when they got out of the printer. 

You probably get your posters for free, so it doesn't really matter, but should you decide to spend some money on paper, I would strongly advise that you pay attention to condition.

T
Yes im planning to put them on a cardboard tube for storage, oh no i paid for each of them. I will put that in mind I really appreciate it brie.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »
Im thinking, too, that the theater folks who are slapping these posters into the light boxes are not being real careful, either.

Quickly swapping out old posters, when the new ones come in.  :-\

-Jeff