Author Topic: Amazon  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
Amazon
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Hi i dunno if there's already a thread similar to my question, is it safe to buy in amazon for posters and how can you prove it's authenticity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
IMO, Amazon is no better than buying from a dealer on eBay.  Virtually all of the posters there are storefronts for dealers that are also on eBay.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »
I would add, too, to be sure to read the poster's description, to make sure that the poster size is correct, and not some smaller repro or commercial piece. (Meaning that some sellers could be selling smaller, repro/commercial versions on purpose, but not trying to scam anyone).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:39:40 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 12:42:40 PM »
IMO, Amazon is no better than buying from a dealer on eBay.  Virtually all of the posters there are storefronts for dealers that are also on eBay.
Yeah Sometimes you can't tell if it is a copy or not bec of the technology. Thanks man

Offline Aiden

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:44:09 PM »
I would add, too, to be sure to read the poster's description, to make sure that the poster size is correct, and not some smaller repro or commercial piece. (Meaning that some sellers could be selling smaller, repro/commercial versions on purpose, but not trying to scam anyone).
Yes im seeing 27 x 40 but what im worried about is if the seller is really telling the truth or not..

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 12:48:37 PM »
If they are the full size, you are probably OK, tho, with some well known or desired titles, bootlegs can exist.

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
I used to sell on Amazon.. really didn't do much for me.. so I stopped.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »
I used to sell on Amazon, and I make a few sales every week, so I still do.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html