Author Topic: Star Wars 1977 Advance Theatrical Trailer, 35mm Widescreen, Color, Stereo Sound  (Read 16073 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Taking a huge Gamble with this one started at .99 so don't let me down guys, at $52 with 5 days to go-

Original Star Wars 1977 Advance Theatrical Trailer, 35mm Widescreen, Color, Stereo Sound
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:45:23 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I don't think this is the right forum for it, Mike.  Don't they have forums for these sort of things?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
I don't think this is the right forum for it, Mike.  Don't they have forums for these sort of things?

T

I honestly have no idea, worth a look though.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
I disagree with T, as it is a Star Wars item

however

http://www.16mmfilmtalk.com/

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
I disagree with T, as it is a Star Wars item

however

http://www.16mmfilmtalk.com/

Thanks for the link! I will sign up and list there as well.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Mike, you should post it in this thread, too, for Guests, or others, that might be into collecting trailers, and other non poster items.

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/board,72.0.html

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Thanks Jeff.

Nice little bump already, $255 and hopefully not done yet.

Original Star Wars 1977 Advance Theatrical Trailer, 35mm Widescreen, Color, Stereo Sound
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:33:06 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Mike, is the trailer in the youtube link that you have in your auction the same trailer that you are offering on 35mm? ( I noticed that the youtube-posted trailer is copyrighted 1976).

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:52:39 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Yes it is.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Just $260 with 4 hours to go!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Mike ~~~

You happy with the $360.00 high/winning bid?

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Not really but what are you going to do.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
It was interesting to watch, to see what SW collectors would pay for something like this.

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
And no payment from the buyer. Sometimes I love FLea-Bay. Personally I think it was a steal at that price so would never have thought to back out, it is what it is I guess.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
And no word from that buyer, either, Mike?

Is the full silent routine also being received?

Grrrr.  :-\

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
 >:(   gun1 gun2

-Jeff

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
$360 is nothing for something like that.  I'd put it up fixed price for a grand and I think some Star Wars collector would happily pay that for it. 

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
$360 is nothing for something like that.  I'd put it up fixed price for a grand and I think some Star Wars collector would happily pay that for it.

Definitely thinking about putting it up with a BIN again. At the same time thinking perhaps it is the universes way of saying keep it.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Mike
 hmmm.gif  I also feel it was a low price. As with ebay you get the late bids. I was outbid and unable to bid again before the time ran out, phone bidding is slower. So I was the underbidder.
So perhaps the non-payment bidder did you a favor..........because I would have already paid. That being said, it would have been a steal at 360. So perhaps a BIN would suit this item best. Make it a ridiculous price, with a best offer option! OR just keep it......either way good luck!
This Space For Rent!

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
Mike
 hmmm.gif  I also feel it was a low price. As with ebay you get the late bids. I was outbid and unable to bid again before the time ran out, phone bidding is slower. So I was the underbidder.
So perhaps the non-payment bidder did you a favor..........because I would have already paid. That being said, it would have been a steal at 360. So perhaps a BIN would suit this item best. Make it a ridiculous price, with a best offer option! OR just keep it......either way good luck!

Exactly.  Collectors and fans routinely pay in the thousands of dollars for Star Wars posters and other memorabilia, many of which are not that rare.  An actual early trailer in good shape -- now that's like a $5000/obo kind of item.   

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Mike, didn't you first list the trailer on ebay with a BIN of around $4999.00 / OBO?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:27:04 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4754

i know a guy who is a huge star wars collector and also owns a movie theater, he would geek out for something like this. i don't know anything about star wars collectibles, but i would agree that the price seemed pretty low. i'd take advantage of the buyer going awol and either keep it or relist for a BIN price.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Thanks for the opinions guys, much appreciated.

Gingerman, you have no idea how close you were to getting it, I actually had the second chance offer screen open before I made the post and the mouse over the submit button and then decided I just didn't want to give it away.

Yes, Jeff I did try a BIN/BO starting at $4999 and eventually dropping to $3999 before throwing the auction up. No offers so I am guessing either the right people did not see it or it was too high to start.

I will think on it and either relist as a BIN or just keep it. I do not want to give it away but I would like to get a better price for it.

I do not collect trailers so it is not really a piece that holds much interest for me other than being Star Wars which I am obviously a large fan of. I did do some research into the trailer and this one was apparently used only with the advanced booking theaters so the number sent out may actually be no more than the mid 20's at the least and if it was also sent to theaters that showed the film after the first week which I have not found any reference to then it could be as high as 48 of these sent out. Who knows how many are left, I have only been able tot track down two in private collections but again am not in tune with the trailer collection community. In either case it is one rare piece that I think should be in the collection of someone who is not only an SW fan but a collector of trailers or items like this.

On a side note, if I do decide to keep it, how should it be stored? I know it needs to be kept away from heat, it is nitrite film, but what else should be done to preserve it? Anyone know?
Just bleach the bitch!