Author Topic: Help needed, star wars force awakens one sheet D / S USA  (Read 2767 times)

Dejean

Help needed, star wars force awakens one sheet D / S USA
« on: April 09, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
Ok guys, i want to buy a star wars poster from a guy in the Netherlands. Claims to be a collector and he is selling his star wars the force awakens one sheet. I have two concerns: 1) he rather doesn't take extra pictures because he is afraid he will damage the poster. 2) i cannot pick the poster up so i have to pay in advance.

He has a lot of posters for sale and he has confirmed by mail that he is 100% sure that it is a real original one sheet. Any questions i could ask him that would confirm it is the real deal? And once i have the poster how can i make sure it is the real deal?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Help needed, star wars force awakens one sheet D / S USA
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
Why does he say that taking extra pics will damage the poster? That sounds a little curious.

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 02:41:34 PM »
Ok guys, i want to buy a star wars poster from a guy in the Netherlands. Claims to be a collector and he is selling his star wars the force awakens one sheet. I have two concerns: 1) he rather doesn't take extra pictures because he is afraid he will damage the poster. 2) i cannot pick the poster up so i have to pay in advance.

He has a lot of posters for sale and he has confirmed by mail that he is 100% sure that it is a real original one sheet. Any questions i could ask him that would confirm it is the real deal? And once i have the poster how can i make sure it is the real deal?

Pay with a credit card or PayPal and you can put in a claim and get a refund if it goes wrong.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Dejean

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
Well he has them stored away in tubes and takes them out as little as possible. I asked him how he stores his posters to see if he has some knowledge about keeping collectible posters safe. He seemed sincere and offered me to send some special flat boxes with the posters. Guess that is a good sign. Paying with paypall or creditcard is difficult since it not really common here in the Netherlands.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »
Just go to http://www.paypal.com and set up a free account.

It takes just a few min and is very easy to do. Plus, it's worth the peace of mind.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:42:44 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 04:02:05 PM »
Oh so you are both in NL?  Just make sure you get his address if there's an issue you can drive over and break his legs?   dontknow.gif

Dejean

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »
I have paypal but he doesn't, i think i will prob go for it. Got his first and last name, and will find out his adres. To cool a poster to let go. So once i have it, what are the things to check for?  Plus: he just gave me his paypal acount;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:26:24 PM by Dejean »

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
Oh so you are both in NL?  Just make sure you get his address if there's an issue you can drive over and break his legs?   dontknow.gif

LOL. I like you Vick.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »
No offense, Dejean, but in the future, you need to do your homework before you buy. Know as much as possible on whatever you're after. Then you'll be less likely to get burnt.

As with most bootlegs, you're looking for discrepancies in size. The feel of the paper. The weight of the paper. Are any credits missing. Are the credits clear. Is there any blur, or misalignment. A whole host of things, really.

If you do go thru with it, I'm sure collectors here will compare posters with you.   

Dejean

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 07:04:38 AM »
No offense, Dejean, but in the future, you need to do your homework before you buy. Know as much as possible on whatever you're after. Then you'll be less likely to get burnt.

As with most bootlegs, you're looking for discrepancies in size. The feel of the paper. The weight of the paper. Are any credits missing. Are the credits clear. Is there any blur, or misalignment. A whole host of things, really.

If you do go thru with it, I'm sure collectors here will compare posters with you.   

no offence taken ;) it's sound advice, one which i normally follow. But this was a sudden chance with a deadline. Once i have it i will post some detail pictures here. Thnx for al the replies