Author Topic: International mail drop/combining/re-shipping requests  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
International mail drop/combining/re-shipping requests
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:59:13 PM »
maybe we can organise people in different places who dont mind holding items to be sent together later.....

eg, anyone wants something in Australia, and dont want to have just ONE poster sent direct, send them to me and Ilol hold until you say GO, aND YOU CAN PAY EXACT SHIPPING.. MAKE SENSE?

(actually I already do this for a few people, but I never "advertised" it)

but.......

I could REALLY use a US friend at the moment to take delivery and hold some posters.
Seller isnt exactly being difficult, but it will work out affordable for me to have sent to one spot and combined and later sent to me. But him sending direct makes it UNaffordable.

Ill cover any costs of course, and either can send some stuff your way in payment, or to make it easier you could choose a few items from what I have sent to you for your trouble.

I have some suspects, but rather than ask direct this way you dont have to say NO (just dont reply)

And as said above, happy to do for anyone here, dont care where or who youi buy from in Oz, but you can have sent to me to be combined later.

Thanks for reading.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

guest4531

Re: International mail drop/combining/re-shipping requests
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:07 AM »
A great idea !!

Even a warehouse in US doing stocking and combining orders against a small fee would be great...   So far, I found none !

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
I have sent lots of packages to european and US members of this and other forums to hold them for me. Always worked perfectly and has been of great help. Anyone needing to combine purchases from argentinean sellers is welcome to send them to me. In fact, I am holding right now several posters for a UK member that I need to ship soon (sorry for the delay mate, I've been kind of dispersed lately  eyeroll )

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
I'm always willing to help out for UK stuff.

I'd actually pay for a service like this in the US...I hate taking liberties (poor Jason has about a gazillion posters for me at his house). Not sure I'd trust anyone that wasn't a dealer/collector with a service like this though as careful shipping is important. International postage is pretty eye watering these days.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
Same here with the UK stuff.

Marc.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 11:56:24 PM »
I don't mind helping out I am in the U.S.A

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 02:53:09 AM »
I too already do this for several collectors, you just need to be organised, I have sections for their stuff to keep it away from mine, and a list is always handy..  ;)
It's more than a Hobby...