Author Topic: Star Wars 1997 Style A - Arealink84 - Ebay  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
Star Wars 1997 Style A - Arealink84 - Ebay
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
Good morning,

I found this poster for sale a few days ago on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1977-STAR-WARS-Fan-Club-Movie-Poster-New-Never-Displayed-/311573852728?

I contacted the seller and asked him if it was one of those bootleg posters because you can clearly see the "hair" on Luke's belt and possibly one on Leia's thigh (though that pic isn't as clear).  He denied it and said the poster was issued in 1977 by a Star Wars fan club.  The only fan club posters I'm aware of were issued in the 80's.  So, it appears that he's either misinformed or lying or there's a poster out there of which I'm not aware.

I'd appreciate it if anyone out there would clarify and confirm this for me (i.e. what poster is this?).  Further, if anyone has ever dealt with this seller before I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Star Wars 1997 Style A - Arealink84 - Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Bootleg

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
Did the seller get back to ya? It seems as they know its a bootleg hence those closeup pics and the price but its not stated in the description or title so it is what it is right? 

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
Thank you for responding.  I was almost certain it was a bootleg but wanted some assurance.  What concerns me the most is that this guy is an Ebay "Top-Rated Seller" with a 100% rating.

He did reply and didn't really give a rat's behind about what I was telling him.  Here's the e-mail string between us (the "God bless" is a nice touch ... he probably thinks it gives him some "honesty cred"):

baleizao:
Is this the Style A bootleg version?

arealink84
Hi! It is an original 1977 Fan Club poster. That's where it came from, never intended for theater display. The pictures are clear, so bid accordingly. God bless

baleizao:
Thanks for replying. If it's a fan club Style A then it's from the 1980's and you should say that in your posting because the way you've phrased things it may lead one to believe it's from 1977 when it's not.

arealink84
It is dated 1977. Don't bid

baleizao:
I would never bid on your listing. Your own pics clearly show the "hair on the belt" of Luke Skywalker. I doubt you don't know that what you're being misleading on your posting but, just in case you don't know, here's a link that fully explains to you what it is you're selling:

http://moviepostercollectors.com/MPC_Authentication_Star_Wars_Style_A.html

Just as a friendly "head's up", I'll be notifying Ebay of your listing.

Have a good day.

New message from: arealink84 Top Rated Seller(2,490Red Star)
Take a hike punk or I WILL report you

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
So it goes from "God Bless" to "take a hike, punk."   Doh.gif

He knows he was caught red handed and the true, little  devil 2 in him was showing thru in the end.

-Jeff

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »
I don't know, does ebay even do anything if you complain? They never seemed to care much about bootleg sellers in the past.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
I don't know, does ebay even do anything if you complain? They never seemed to care much about bootleg sellers in the past.

Not a damn thing.

If you buy one and want to return it they will side with you but if you don't know and someone else reports it, nothing, you will never know until it is too late.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »
Thanks. I didn't think their policy had changed any. It's just a waste to complain, really.