Author Topic: Selling Bond Poster Collection...  (Read 25065 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Selling Bond Poster Collection...
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
UPDATE:

Folded stuff is almost done.
Keep on finding more when sorting through it all.

Adam, you mean the folded stuff is almost done being inventoried? Have you been photographing everything, too, as this inventory process has been going along?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:13:01 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 06:54:22 PM »
Adam, you mean the folded stuff is almost done being inventoried?

Yes, folded stuff is almost done.

Have you been photographing everything, too, as this inventory process has been going along?

No. Lack of space means I must record every single item first.
Even I did have the space, I'd still probably do it this way because it's relatively easy(ish!) once it's organised to record what each poster is.
It also means when I come to photograph it all, there's no sorting to do as the order will correspond with the lists.

Once the folded stuff is complete, I will be able to get on with the rolled and unfolded gear.
If I had the available free time, I could probably the whole thing done in 50 days, working around five hours per day on it, but that's not including any large posters, oddities and unforeseen problems.

With living life, it's a very time consuming process.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 01:34:06 AM »
Hi,

Just a heads up that I will be selling my main Bond poster collection in the near future, whether that be through a private sale (whole, no piecemeal sales) or through public auction.

Amongst the items in the collection are:
  • Thunderball door panel set
  • All main quads including some Marler Haley styles.
  • All main one sheets.
  • Many double crowns including some Marler Haley styles.
  • All campaign books minus first four films.
  • Lobby Card sets.
  • French, Japanese, German posters etc.
  • Plus much more.

The collection was pooled from acquiring the personal collections of famed James Bond authors and editors Lee Pfeiffer, Dave Worrall and Graham Rye, as well as several private collectors from all over the world and obviously my own individual purchases from the likes of eMoviePoster.com, Heritage Auctions, Christie's, Bonham's, eBay and so on and so forth. So as you can imagine, it is large and varied with well over 1000 unique items (still inventorying now and haven't reached the rolled items yet).

Why am I selling?
I'm not tired of the industry, or collecting in general.
I made a conscious decision a few years ago not to compete with my friend (Mr. Nixdorf) who collects the original art and therefore I've never really been able to do much else other than add bits and bobs every now and then, and that was fine. However, a while back I realised I've gone as far as I can with it (for me) and can't do much more. I've thoroughly enjoyed amassing the collection and being able to say "Yeah, I own this and that...", but I now feel the time is right to let it go as I have other ventures I wish to get involved with and so I can't give it the attention it deserves.

If you are genuinely interested, email me privately through Bondposters.com (which will be unaffected by this sale; in fact, it is undergoing a huge upgrade) and I will send a list once complete, but this will take time. If you happen to be in the UK and are serious, you can visit me and view the collection first hand.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam, It's been over a year since you posted that the Collection was up for sale (March 11, 2016).

Are we finally going to get some pics (or links) of at least some of the items that have been cataloged and are available as part of this collection?

Here's hoping so, after all this time, especially since it's something that Holiday was very clear about and all other members comply with, when offering gear for sale.  cheers
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:41:23 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 02:04:01 AM »
 Likey.jpg

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »
Adam, It's been over a year since you posted that the Collection was up for sale (March 11, 2016).

Are we finally going to get some pics (or links) of at least some of the items that have been cataloged and are available as part of this collection?

Here's hoping so, after all this time, especially since it's something that Holiday was very clear about and all other members comply with, when offering gear for sale.  cheers

In response to Neo's remark on another thread, the short answer is no.

As I said to you, Jeff, on Dec 02 2016, with living life, it's a very time consuming process.
If it causes a distinct problem and upsets anyone, then delete this thread - it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
Adam.. as you said, it was over 6 months ago that you replied. And in all that time, not even a handful of pics or links, like everyone else must do, per Holiday's F/S posting rule?

We all have busy lives but any of us could manage to take an hour or so, on some Saturday afternoon, to snap some photos and post them here.

No one is upset, but as one who often applauded the various forum rules that were put into place, I'm just curious why you would then dismiss and disregard this one?

Were it someone else, you likely would also have inquired as to why Holiday's pic/link rule was being broken. Others abide, and so should you. But I feel it's like beating a dead horse at this point, and no photos will ever be forthcoming. And that's disappointing, as I always thought you would deliver on that point.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:09:04 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »

it's a very time consuming process.

I joined this place over 7 years ago, and was at MPF before that.  It's the same song and dance.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:27:22 PM by Neo »

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »
Williams : "Bullshit , mr Han Man !"

Like BL footage collectors who claim to have footage but when you ask for photographic evidence they disappear like roaches.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
Adam , have you got a copy of that Bond poster for sale "Everything or Nothing" from a few years ago (the documentary). ? Can you PM me if you do please?

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
How very sad to still act as childish as this below  eyeroll
You are grown adults for Christ's sake.

I joined this place over 7 years ago, and was at MPF before that.  It's the same song and dance.

Williams : "Bullshit , mr Han Man !"

Like BL footage collectors who claim to have footage but when you ask for photographic evidence they disappear like roaches.

I have a busy life, but do get yourselves on Facebook...me thinks there's a rather large humble pie there for you both to gorge on  thumbsup.gif
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1476273855964013?view=permalink&id=2252518258339565&ref=bookmarks
Best wishes,
Adam