Movie Posters > Posters By Country

Belgians

(1/10) > >>

erik1925:
Just a few Belgians that I have obtained over the last number of years, to start this country's posters.

Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

Man of a Thousand Faces (1957)

DekeThornton:
Nice Belgians, Jeff!

It's quite the interesting contrast between the spare design of the Saul Bass US 1-sheet for "Anatomy of a Murder" and the Belgian poster with its lurid colors and much busier composition. I really like that one!

Here is my Belgian collection.  I also have a Belgian poster for "Bob le Flambeur", but I don't have a photo handy to post.

erik1925:
Nice images, Deke.   thumbsup.gif

And like anything, it's always great to compare and contrast, from country to country-- the art and stylization, especially posters that one has in one's collection, rather than just arbitrarily grabbing images from Google (or other sites), and posting them to the forum.

50s:
Glad you guys are getting the cinema snipes at top of poster, the following ones don't have them argh:

(sorry if you need sunglasses for my bright saturated images)

The Marx poster Deke, I feel for the horse, a cigar positioned to drop ash on the horses balls

erik1925:
I know what you mean about the posters that either have an added snipe at the top or the info printed there. I like ones that have that info, too, as well as tax stamps that are attached, showing that the poster was used and actually on display somewhere.

Picnic (1955)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version