Author Topic: Back to the Future, Blade Runner, Matrix international, Harry Potter Lenticular  (Read 7879 times)

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
Hi all

Just checking in again. anyone got any links to these.

Back to the future "roads"
LA Confidential Canadian
Blade Runner US one sheet rolled
matrix international one sheet
harry potter "Sirius" lenticular one sheet rarer version
DR NO french petite

thanks in advance
Paul

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Hi all
Just checking in again. anyone got any links to these.

Back to the future "roads"
LA Confidential Canadian
Blade Runner US one sheet rolled
matrix international one sheet
harry potter "Sirius" lenticular one sheet rarer version
DR NO french petite

thanks in advance
Paul

With all due respect, these are the sort of posters that one must actively work for some time to acquire.  Need to be all over ebay and all the common poster auction sites.  If they come up here (and they have), they will be snapped up in minutes.

Your other option is to work with someone like Kirby McDaniel or Dave Lieberman who will do the legwork for a significant premium
-Jay-

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
What Jay said is exactly right.  I own 3 of the posters listed and I personally have no or very little interest in the others, but the 3 that I own, Dr. No, BttF and the rolled Blade Runner were very hard to get.  The Dr. No shows up at auction from time to time and doesn't sell for less than $2 or $3k and the BttF, well, I don't know, I haven't seeen one in quite some times.  Blade Runner rolled might be easier to find, but like Jay said, a lot of collectors will bid on these.  Even people who own them might go for more than one copy ;)

I think your best bet is to research them quietly and hope that one of them pops up.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Using the L.A. Story as an example.

Bruce auctioned it three times in 2015.  One in lesser condition went for $740.  One earlier in the year went for $3111.  But the one from the December major auction was a bargain at $1405 in very good condition. 

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/L.A.%2520CONFIDENTIAL/sort/14/type/1sh/style/black%2520cloak%2520style/archive.html

If you had placed a "watch" on it at emovieposter.com, you would have had a shot.  But everyone here knows their worth and are not going to give them away.
-Jay-

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
...but good luck nonetheless Paul!

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
Thanks for your help guys.

I've been offered a
Harry Potter £4000
Back to future £800

Dr No is on a site for £2000

I know cinemasterpieces has Matrix,LA confidential

Just trying to get them all a little cheaper.

Thanks
Paul

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Wow... a Harry Potter poster for 4000 GBP?  faint2.gif

That must be some rare poster.  Or is it plated in 24k gold?   ;D

-Jeff

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
Exactly erik

I would have paid a good price but not that much so turned it down.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
What can that style HP poster generally be gotten for?

-Jeff

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
You lot are more knowledgable than me. I know one sold quite cheap on eBay last year and Emovieposter sold one a while back

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I dont know many of the HP posters.

I just checked on EMP.. is it this lenticular that sold for $675.00?

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/13173653.html
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:01:19 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
http://www.moviepostercollectors.com/MPC_Showcase_Rare.html

No it's the one on here. Only six ever made apparently

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I dont know many of the HP posters.

I just checked on EMP.. is it this lenticular that sold for $675.00?

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/13173653.html

I don't know why ANYONE would spend more than that on this poster.  I don't understand the interest.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
http://www.moviepostercollectors.com/MPC_Showcase_Rare.html

No it's the one on here. Only six ever made apparently

Oh, Ok. When you said that EMP had sold one a while back, i thought that was the one, as that is the most expensive poster/lenticular they have sold for that particular movie.

Thanks.  :)

-Jeff

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Oh, Ok. When you said that EMP had sold one a while back, i thought that was the one, as that is the most expensive poster/lenticular they have sold for that particular movie.

Thanks.  :)

The 'small' ones sometimes come up.  They were part of a larger standee with a lampost.  The large one is the unicorn.  The 4k pounds may be reasonable, but I don't collect at that level.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I bet the entire standee with the lenticular made a good looking presentation.

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
I bought & sold the standee lenticular to Holiday 2-3 years ago. just the poster part, not the whole standee.
it's rare enough, but the 1sh size Wattsy is looking for.. well the math is simple... 'try to find one'
when you're up in that rarified air, people can ask whatever they want to.

keep in mind, Harry Potter, because it it ceased being a 'continuous property' because JK Rowling wanted a specific end, the posters have stalled somewhat.
If it had been a continuing product, like Star Wars, I suggest the audience would be larger, and prices higher.

the $5700 (at current exchange rate) that the owner is asking could possibly be your only opportunity to get the poster if you want it that much and if he sells it to someone else first - you're probably out-of-luck.. forever!

as to Bladerunner rolled 1sh.. my warehouse email is warehouse@comic-art.com

message me and I'll see about one in my vault

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
I must be one of the few active collectors of Harry Potter one sheets. I like the fact that there is currently little interest in them. My prediction - that HP lenticular one sheet will be a USD10,000 poster in 10 years time.

Mark

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
I must be one of the few active collectors of Harry Potter one sheets. I like the fact that there is currently little interest in them. My prediction - that HP lenticular one sheet will be a USD10,000 poster in 10 years time.

Mark

I would say there is a 50/50 chance I would get that right now, if I were consigned a complete one in great shape!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
My prediction - that HP lenticular one sheet will be a USD10,000 poster in 10 years time.

I might agree, and here's where 'investment value' comes into play

if instead of being spent on this poster the money was invested in a more stable product (stocks, bonds and the like) is the poster expected to keep up with that inflationary value
moreover, unlike those other investment products, you can't borrow against the poster's value..

answer: no

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters

Mark

Um, okay Mark...  I think it's a little bit of wishful thinking on your part, but I hope you prove me wrong.  I personally do not collect Harry Potter, I did not care for the movies or the books, so the attraction to this lenticular is a mystery to me.  This put aside, I have noticed that lenticulars are not built to last long.  The glue and the plastic they are made of wears off over time.  I don't believe they have the longevity of paper posters.  I've already had to trash 2 of them for "leaking" glue.

But maybe I'm wrong.  Only time will tell.

T
My Personal Collection

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
A slightly worrying observation with regard to the longevity of lenticular posters.  I don't know the manufacturing process and whether it is this or climate/storage conditions which make them susceptible to failure although I haven't noticed any deterioration in my half dozen examples to date.

As far as future demand for rarer-style Harry Potter posters is concerned I remain confident that there will be increased (generational) demand for such items from this hugely-loved film franchise. Prisoner of Azkaban is arguably the best and most popular movie of the lot and this particular one-sheet size lenticular, given its extremely low production run, already has legendary status. I love the advisory wording, including the instructions to "Notify immediately by Owl.....", which only appears on this version.

Mark