Movie Posters > Posters By Size

Subways

(1/6) > >>

erik1925:
Are posters that are referred to as "subway" posters (and that also measure approx. the same as bus shelters- 45x60), basically the same critter, but just done in the horizontal format?

dontknow.gif

guest8:

--- Quote from: erik1925 on October 15, 2015, 10:42:34 PM ---Are posters that are referred to as "subway" posters (and that also measure approx. the same as bus shelters- 45x60), basically the same critter, but just done in the horizontal format?

dontknow.gif

--- End quote ---

Im trying to discern what the real question is here ;)

By the same do you mean...

Artwork, this is sometimes similar.

Sizes, I don't think Ive ever seen one that could literally be flipped and fit perfectly in to one of my vertical BS frames.

Material, I think that depends on the types you're looking at. Most of the "subway" posters like Id see from brooklyn on ebay are actually thick vinyl stickers. I also have a LARGE UK horizontal BS that is just a thick vinyl material, harder and more dense than the thread reinforced banners, but still very pliable. Older subways are just like standard posters that came in multiple sheets.

Most of my experience is almost all modern baby .. so if youre questions was directed as mostly older titles my rants may be a bit off base. :)

erik1925:
I was meaning the size format, as i mentioned in my first post. Not meaning the same art, tho i know many will have the same or similar artwork as that used on the OS.

Arent subway posters always (or almost always done in the horizontal, landscape format? And I wasn't meaning they are exactly the same size either.

More just the overall idea, that bus shelters are done in the portrait format and was inquiring, in general. I know they are not the same animal, totally.

I like the landscape format.. they almost remind me of a quad on steroids!   thumbsup.gif

Neo:
The newer subways are usually between 45"x58" and 46"x60", in the portrait format.  As FA said, many are basically a big sticker.  The print quality is not as good as bus shelters and one sheets, and personally, I don't like the sticker type vinyl material.

The older, half subways are cool, IMO.  They're usually about 29-30"x45", in the vertical format, from the same or similar stock to one sheets of their time, and much rarer than one sheets.  They are like one sheets on steroids, and there are many from the time just after the NSS closed shop.  In a sense, they are similar to the old 40x60s, and current bus shelters, as they feature the same artwork, just in a larger size than one sheets.

erik1925:

--- Quote from: Neo on October 16, 2015, 06:37:43 PM ---The newer subways are usually between 45"x58" and 46"x60", in the portrait format.  As FA said, many are basically a big sticker.  The print quality is not as good as bus shelters and one sheets, and personally, I don't like the sticker type vinyl material.

The older, half subways are cool, IMO.  They're usually about 29-30"x45", in the vertical format, from the same or similar stock to one sheets of their time, and much rarer than one sheets.  They are like one sheets on steroids, and there are many from the time just after the NSS closed shop.  In a sense, they are similar to the old 40x60s, and current bus shelters, as they feature the same artwork, just in a larger size than one sheets.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Brandon.

I happened to see and snag a subway last night, that wont be here for a number of days yet. But it's from 1992, and measures 45x60 inches. It's on thicker paper stock, and is definitely not a sticker or made of vinyl material. It's also not in the portrait (vertical) format but is horizontal, (landscape) which, when i first saw it listed, made me think it was a quad, until i clicked on the full description and read what it was and its size.

TBC....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version