Author Topic: Gak242's Collection  (Read 16600 times)

guest4760

Re: Gak242's Collection
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2016, 01:46:07 PM »
No need to apologize for a 'long' post, Gak.
Glad to see you made the Sinister Con in Sacramento and left with an armload of goodies.
Thanks for sharing!
 cheers

Yeah, It was awesome! I totally over spent. It was bad. When using your debt card at a vendor table and it's a roll of the dice if it'll go through. haha. At one point I may have had to use half cash half card. :p I bought that mask though!! It's an American Werewolf in London mask from this awesome scene. One of my favorites in the whole movie.

Ooooo what's THE BYE BYE MAN? New horror? Nice adds there. Congrats. Looks like you had fun at the convention. Awesome.

I have no idea! Look bad though. haha. You never know what they pump out nowadays and call horror. We certainly don't live in the time of The Exorcist, but I hope that all new horror is good. It's just such a saturation of bad out there. Studios trying to cash in on a fad or one off in the genera to make money? idk, rant/

Wow quite the haul and thanks for sharing pics of the Creature Con. I like the NOES 3 quote for your friend Keith. Who signed that?

Jennifer Rubin signed it. She was probably one of my favorite guests there. She was REALLY down to earth and I think she really spoke from her heart and is a truly genuine person. Which when you think of actor types, you'd expect the opposite. She is the total opposite of a vibe you get from that kind of snob. When she spoke at her panel on Dream Warriors for Nightmare on Elm Street, she really talked about her experiences. It was very cool and definitely a huge highlight of the whole show. Worth it.

Great poster adds and it looks like the con was a fun time, and with all the sigs you got, too! Good times for sure.  thumbsup.gif

Yeah, It was awesome. Very cool experience and I'd love to go again.
They are having one next summer in Stockton I think.
I may or may not be around that area then, but if so, I'll try to make it out.

It was rad. Here's a few more goodies I snatched up.

A couple Exorcist Shirts. Been wanting the pazuzu one forever.

A couple free promo posters that were given away at the door.

My girl is in love with Alice, so she found a few cool prints she wants framed along with this other print and a couple new necklaces.
As you can Imagine, like most of us here, wall space is nonexistent.   :o

If anyone ever has a chance to go, it's worth the $ if you're into horror and other creepy things.

Here's a video someone took of the con

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TVcxvGaTHvw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TVcxvGaTHvw</a>

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »
Nice video, Gak.
I like the graphic they used for the con publicity.
Did they release a poster and -- more importantly -- did you get one?
 cheers

guest4760

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2016, 12:05:44 AM »
Nice video, Gak.
I like the graphic they used for the con publicity.
Did they release a poster and -- more importantly -- did you get one?
 cheers

Yeah, the first VIPS in line got posters till they ran out I guess. Or maybe they gave them out to everyone, but I didn't see many people with them so I'm assuming no.

I snagged two regardless. ;D ;D ;D

guest4760

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »
One of the major reasons for attending Sinister Creature Con was to get a chance to meet Don Coscarelli, director of Phantasm,
and to sit in on his panel and  hear him talk about the film.
Unfortunately, he canceled his appearance and we missed out on that opportunity....

But, when one door closes, another opens.

So last night I got the wonderful chance to see one of, if not my favorite, horror movies ever.

PHANTASM
Remastered
In Theater
With special guest Roberto Quezada!

Roberto Quezada did a Q&A about the film and told great stories.
I got a chance to speak with him for a few minutes and we talked about how nice Angus Scrimm was and how he'll be missed.

Unfortunately, I couldn't nab a reprint of the posters they use for vintage film night advertising. I really want an original though and someday I'll justify the $ for one.. somehow.  ;D
They used sell the big ones for $20 and give small ones out for free, but I guess they didn't figure many people would want a Phantasm poster.
I brought him my laser-disc of the film to sign for me though! :D

The turn out was great and overall the night was a blast. Probably one of my favorite theater experiences I'll ever have. It's been a life long dream to see that movie on the big screen and I never in a million years would have thought it'd come true and to have a person who worked on the film talk about their experiences and hear their personal behind the scenes stories was simply icing on the cake. I left the place floating. And all for the price of $5 a ticket.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »
Sounds like you had quit the night and time at the con and Phantasm screening, Brandan. And i was feeling the excitement just from reading your post about the entire experience of it all. That is SOO awesome, that you did the meet and greet, got Quezeda's signature and spoke with him AND enjoyed the flicker on the big screen.

Congrats to you, all the way around. As I said, your excitement and being so jazzed to be there pops off the page and that's really what it's all about.

Plus, I havent seen Phantasm in Forever... and I know I will be checking it out again in the next few days, all based on what you said above.

Glad you had an amazing time. And cool pics, too!!  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:54:24 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff