Author Topic: Posting & Participation  (Read 14469 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Posting & Participation
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
Just a copy and paste from our illustrious leader's earlier post, that is also down in the "Why a New Forum" thread:

"Okay, so a couple of new rules here.   Jeff, please move this thread if it's not where it's supposed to be.

This is a forum, which means that we want (and hope) that people will participate.  No one will bite you, we're all out there to serve the greater community, so if you like posters enough to join, all we're asking is that you post.  We made it more difficult for lurk-ers to see certain threads, so some of them decided to join and (some still) never post.

So here's the deal. 

1. You must post within a week if you join.  If you don't post, we cut you off.
2. You must post at least once every 6 months.  If you don't, we cut you off.

Seems like plenty of time to me.  You don't want to post, don't join.

With love,

T"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:52:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4531

Re: Posting & Participation
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 03:08:16 AM »
What a coincidence, the day I am back  ;D

Lot of confusion as this is an old thread...  need to get my old forumite habits quickly, I am bit rusty...
So, let me correct, what a coincidence I was never removed :)

Just a copy and paste from our illustrious leader's earlier post, that is also down in the "Why a New Forum" thread:

"Okay, so a couple of new rules here.   Jeff, please move this thread if it's not where it's supposed to be.

This is a forum, which means that we want (and hope) that people will participate.  No one will bite you, we're all out there to serve the greater community, so if you like posters enough to join, all we're asking is that you post.  We made it more difficult for lurk-ers to see certain threads, so some of them decided to join and (some still) never post.

So here's the deal. 

1. You must post within a week if you join.  If you don't post, we cut you off.
2. You must post at least once every 6 months.  If you don't, we cut you off.

Seems like plenty of time to me.  You don't want to post, don't join.

With love,

T"

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: Posting & Participation
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »
Das lurker. Ha ha!