Author Topic: September 2015  (Read 53943 times)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: September 2015
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
Nice Paul. Looks like Krampus is popular. Props on Hateful 8.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! Such nice things on here since i last had a chance to comment.

Gingerman: I made note of the beautiful "Apocalypse Now" Thai poster, but your Thai "Silence of the Lambs" also really makes me want to get my hands on some Thai stuff. The Pepsi logo is curious. I've noticed that on several Thai posters while perusing them. Hmm. Anyway, nice find. Same with the Polish "Coming to America".

Jeff: You are just all over this thread lately. Zowie! I really dig the "Miguel Strogoff" poster. Very nice. But as for it being "la sensacion de Hollywood", well, I've never heard of it.  Not that THAT matters, of course. I've not heard of a lot of things. "Tierra de Hombres" is also very nice/colorful. Although it looks NOTHING like the image you were using previously as your avatar, the artwork reminds me of the creature on the poster for "The Cosmic Man" (was that the title?) for some reason. The eyes really DO make the poster for "El Pueblo Fantasma"...cheesy vampires or not. (Actually cheesy vampires are often more fun...). I also really dig the woman especially on the"Ahi Viene Martin Corona" poster...and look at you going so international. Groovy.

Lynaron: i really dig the foreign Harryhausen titles you picked up. The "Clash of the Titans" is especially awesome.

Jedgerley:  Oooooooo... I love, love, LOVE the "X FROM OUTER SPACE" poster.  Stunningly cool. I want one. Wow!

Paul: Your recent ads are amazing. I am especially enamored with "Crimson Peak", "Spectre", "Krampus" (never heard of it--looks cool), and "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" (never heard of that--but it looks like my kind of flick. Ha!) Thanks for sharing!

WOW!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:28:44 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »
GoGo I am also curious about the Pepsi logo on the thai posters. Maybe somebody here could shed some light on that for us. I have found a lot of stuff lately, in my search for some specific Thai and Polish stuff. I have yet to find those specific posters, but that is what makes this collecting fun. Not to mention the thrill when you find what you are looking for. I also beginning to think that the search will be a long time in the making....
This Space For Rent!

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
Just got a package from Japan. Pee Wee and Beetlejuice have condition issues but there is no Japanese theatrical paper for Pee Wee so I'm happy to have it. I think Beetlejuice is theatrical but I'm not 100% sure. I have a few B2 video posters for Edward Scissorhands but this is my first B1 video so all in all I'm pretty happy.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Way to go. Nice scores, there, skyjackers.

And I think your Beetlejuice is a theatrical B1, too.

sm1
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:22:13 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »
All are nice. I LOVE the Pee Wee one the best of the three. The Beetlejuice one is just wild though. Very cool catch!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »
Thanks for the kind words chaps  cheers

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
To all who posted.  Great stuff.  clap
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2015, 06:41:32 PM »
The last 3 are really nice.  I need to find them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »
That Scissorshands looks fantastic. And with dinosaurs!!

:) thumbsup.gif

I was just thinking the exact same thing! Very nice finds skyjackers!
 cheers
This Space For Rent!

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
Thanks all. You can never go wrong with Dinosaurs!

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
Fun "Mister Sparkle" vibe to the Pee Wee poster.  One of my favorite films of all time.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
I've dreamed of owning this poster for a long time, ever since I saw it on APF several years ago in fact. I finally tracked an original 2-sheet down and added it to my site today. I've included 70 photos so you can really get a look at all the details of Tongdee's phenomenal artwork. I used Photoshop to try and match the two sides together for the main photo but it's not the easiest. In a recent issue of Dark Side magazine there was a picture of the artist alongside Neil Pettigrew, a UK collector of Thai posters who some of you may know. It shows that Tongdee originally painted the poster on two canvases so this means joining the two sides together perfectly was always going to be impossible!

This is one of those pieces of art that I find new detail in every time I look at it and love Tongdee's use of colour.

I keep looking back to this amazing piece of art, and in looking back to the great things that were picked up in August, I came across, once again, Mike's (mwright) post of him showing his Thai APOC NOW poster, in a frame. Seeing it like that and in perspective shows the incredible size of this poster, and it must be incredible to hold and behold, in person. Here's Mike's post, once again, showing his beautiful, framed copy  faint2.gif  thumbsup.gif  (doing it here, since the Aug thread is locked to any more comments).

Congrats again, to both of you gents!:

"Though I've had it for a while, unrolling it and getting it framed is like getting a new poster.  I've never taken a proper picture of it nor have I ever really seen it in it's full splendor.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna stare at it for a week."

APOCALYPSE NOW 2-sheet Thai Movie Poster

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:42:58 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2015, 05:20:36 PM »
It's amazing that this poster was sooooooo hard to find a couple years ago and now everyone has one.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:55 PM »
It's amazing that this poster was sooooooo hard to find a couple years ago and now everyone has one.

I don't have one. Got a spare?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »

Who are the "everyones?" ( I wish i knew one or 2 of them that had an extra ;) )  Or do you mean that a lot more copies are recently appearing on the market?

Me no have found one yet, tho.....  :'(

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:36:10 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »

Well the printer I get them knocked up at is very busy, but I'll have the next batch by Friday, so everyone will have one then... ;D
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2015, 01:59:08 AM »
Well the printer I get them knocked up at is very busy, but I'll have the next batch by Friday, so everyone will have one then... ;D

YAY!!

;D

-Jeff

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2015, 09:44:21 AM »
I think when I got mine from Pea, conversations with a couple of members could only place two as ever being sold...  At that time we were still unaware of the one sheet being a repro...

Since that point, I think two more members picked them up from Pea - and now Ed and Mike...  So five since April 2013 and only two or so before that point for the 2-sheet....  Pea had mentioned another sale before mine so maybe 6...

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »
I have had my APOCALYPSE 2-sheet for about 3 years, I also bought mine from Phea.  Its only recent that I had a chance to frame it and put it on the net.  There are not many of those around I don't believe.

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »
I have had my APOCALYPSE 2-sheet for about 3 years, I also bought mine from Phea.  Its only recent that I had a chance to frame it and put it on the net.  There are not many of those around I don't believe.

You are probably the purchase she spoke of then. 

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #346 on: October 01, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
So this begs another question. Are these Thai treasures rare or rarely released for sale from Thai collectors, or both?
The reason I say this is because I have been in contact with several Thai poster sellers looking for 2 very specific pieces, to which numerous replies have been some thing like....yes I know where they are but they are not for sale....or yes I have them but am not selling them right now.

I am leaning towards rare or few survived the trash pile, and those who do have these gems are not currently selling them.
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #347 on: October 01, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
And then it also begs the question, like we have often asked of posters from other countries. How many total copies of this 2 panel APOC NOW poster were done in Thailand? Probably will never know that answer, but as Mike (mwright) and others have commented- because of Thailand's climate, rainy weather, and high humidity, that have been the death to so many posters there, in general -- AND if this poster was produced in much lesser numbers, due to cost and it being the 2P style, could that all also add it it being on the more scarce list?

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #348 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »
And then it also begs the question, like we have often asked of posters from other countries. How many total copies of this 2 panel APOC NOW poster were done in Thailand? Probably will never know that answer, but as Mike (mwright) and others have commented- because of Thailand's climate, rainy weather, and high humidity, that have been the death to so many posters there, in general -- AND if this poster was produced in much lesser numbers, due to cost and it being the 2P style, could that all also add it it being on the more scarce list?

Certainly a mystery..what we need is to send in someone on a secret mission, a mission that doesn't even exist, deep into the jungles of thailand...the horror...the horror...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #349 on: October 01, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
Certainly a mystery..what we need is to send in someone on a secret mission, a mission that doesn't even exist, deep into the jungles of thailand...the horror...the horror...

;D ;D

-Jeff