Movie Posters > Posters By Country

Question about Japanese poster size

(1/6) > >>

wormie:
I recently came across a fully folded poster for Mononoke. It measures approx. 31x43 (slightly bigger than B1), the graphic and text is really sharp with erin mark and everything, but on ultra thin paper. It was really cheap so I didn't think and bought it. I'm not sure if anyone knows anything about this size or this poster. I suspect it is from some promotion book or magazine, but I'm not sure. I appreciate all your opinions. Thanks in advance.
Here is a picture:

brude:
While we wait for Japanese poster pros to weigh in on your question (which I don't have an answer for), I just want to say that I love that design.
Mononoke is one of my all-time favorites and that poster is the bomb.
I do hope it is an original and you display it proudly for many years to come.
 cheers

Posteroid:
If it has an eirin mark, it is no promotion poster but a regular movie poster (promotion posters are not allowed to carry eirin marks). It is also no tie-up poster because it only advertises the film, no other products or services (tie-up posters carry eirin marks). So it is definitely the real thing.

The size is odd though because even without the white borders it seems too large for a B1. Not sure what they used it for.

Armin

wormie:

--- Quote from: Posteroid on August 30, 2015, 03:11:51 PM ---If it has an eirin mark, it is no promotion poster but a regular movie poster (promotion posters are not allowed to carry eirin marks). It is also no tie-up poster because it only advertises the film, no other products or services (tie-up posters carry eirin marks). So it is definitely the real thing.

The size is odd though because even without the white borders it seems too large for a B1. Not sure what they used it for.

Armin

--- End quote ---
Thanks Armin. Sorry that the picture is a little confusing. The poster does not have a boarder. The boarder is just another poster underneath.

erik1925:
I like this poster very much, wormie.

Congrats on the pick-up!

cool1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version