Author Topic: Here we go again with crappy shipping  (Read 32108 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Here we go again with crappy shipping
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »
What every funnier about my experience is that I returned it, got a refund, and now the joker is trying to resale the damaged poster! faint2.gif

You gotta love how he says: "This poster has had some damaged done during shipping that's why the price is what it is please look closely to see exactly the damage this one has."

Making it sound like it arrived to him that way. gun2

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2015, 05:30:56 PM »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »
And so true, Rich. I'm sure there are huge numbers (of sellers/shippers) that dont even think about it, thinking that every package is handled with kid gloves, all the way to its final destination.

I was on a Facebook group for silkscreened posters.
people would gripe about ruined shipments all the time and show pics.

I would post "well the shipper is at fault as he didn't use peanuts, sturdy tube etc" and it would not surprise you how both the buyer and seller would continue to blame the USPS

I post pics of how to properly pack and explain physics and all that and they just can't understand, they don't appreciate it and stay locked in. I just unjoined the group.. they were useless anyway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:00:00 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
I Had the same issue not too long ago.
Seller made it good, and resent another one, this time in a sturdy tube.

I have to find the pics of another I got a couple of months ago.  Very similar to this, tube inside of triangle, very well packed probably would have survived except for the footprint that was clearly visible under the tape where someone crushed it, intentionally in my opinion, and then taped the broken pieces back together and sent it on to me. I do blame the USPS for that one. Seller made good so I was OK with it. Same for the one I posted today, seller agreed to my partial refund request.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2015, 11:43:24 PM »
The worst part about this is that some of these posters have survived 30, 40, 50 years etc in pretty great condition only to be ruined by idiotic, money grabbing morons
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2015, 11:55:46 PM »
The worst part about this is that some of these posters have survived 30, 40, 50 years etc in pretty great condition only to be ruined by idiotic, money grabbing morons

So true, Chris. I purchased on about 6 months ago.. and from a fairly well known seller-dealer type. Even tho it was from the 1940s and originally folded, he had had it stored for a long period of time opened and stored flat, so he sent it rolled. It arrived, "naked" in the tube with no padding on either end, and the left edge did the rumba against the one end of the tube, completely destroying that edge. And this, from someone who claimed he knew all about the right way to ship posters.  eyeroll

Needless to say, it was returned for a full refund, inc. shipping costs both ways. It was disappointing to say the least, too.

-Jeff

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »
Thanks Neo, that's exactly the site where I got my posters from and although a triangular package was used, the posters were in a cylinder within.  thumbsup.gif
Rudy

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 12:35:37 PM »
Thanks Neo, that's exactly the site where I got my posters from and although a triangular package was used, the posters were in a cylinder within.  thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
I had one arrive a couple weeks ago. I snapped the pics, as soon as I brought the parcel in and sent them to the seller. The long vertical crease is due to the fact that the seller used a collapsed (folded) cardboard box, as his "protective" layer. That crease is one of the natural creases that all unfolded boxes have. It's also a weak spot along that line.

The poster was basically fine, but the potential for SO much more damage was there, had this package been completely folded in half, for example.  Doh.gif

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:26:19 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
Looks like we got a poster from the same seller this week! but hey I feel cheated...lol...I didn't get an envelope.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:51:17 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
LOL...maybe, Jason.

Ive received posters that were inserted into a collapsed USPS box..the ones that, when assembled, measure about 15x10x2" high. Those can work fine, as there is a broad surface area on both top and bottom, to protect a (folded) poster that is slid inside (again, the box is left un-assembled and used flat).

As a follow up to that parcel story above. Once i sent the pics and described that the poster had suffered an additional gentle fold line along one edge of the poster, not 5 minutes later, i received a Paypal notice for a full refund- poster and shipping included. And I had not written to the seller, asking for even a partial refund, at that point, and wasn't decided if i would, at all.

Needless to say, I was blown away by this gesture. Even when I emailed him back, saying i wanted to pay something, he said that it was totally his fault that the poster had not been properly packaged and had gotten creased (he used the word "damaged"). And insisted for me not to send him a dime. I even asked, as a last follow up, what he would do, were I to send him a Paypal back. He said he would refuse it.

So -- there are some sellers out there, that certainly do go WAY above and beyond "the call of duty."  

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:05:38 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2015, 06:38:42 AM »
Good in him.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2015, 06:56:42 PM »
Wow - I am amazed that the person who packed something in such a hopeless manner and the person who made the incredible refund are actually one and the same.

Good on him to rectify though.  Hope he learns something of natural fold lines...