Author Topic: Greetings from Northern California  (Read 16904 times)

Maulcreem

Greetings from Northern California
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:24:28 AM »
Hi everyone! Just joined and wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm a sometime collector and full time admirer of movie posters. Got some popular stuff (Star Wars, Bond, Disney, etc) but nothing too rare or earth shattering, mostly because I can't afford too much more these days. Haha. I like a lot of stuff and my favorite genre is probably 50s sci-fi.

Anyway, I'm blown away by the knowledge and collections I see here. Thanks for letting me in!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Greetings from Northern California
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:41:14 AM »
Welcome!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 03:18:43 AM »
 welcome1 again, Maulcreem.

Have fun here on the forum and enjoy.

Lots of good folks here, and all are willing to help as best they can.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 11:26:39 PM »
Hi there Northern California. This is Central California. Welcome aboard. Let's see your stuff--if you care to share.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 11:40:38 PM »
MAGG has spoken....

cheers

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
MAGG has spoken?  What?? Ha! Yes, I guess I kind of am a big deal around here. Whenever I say something people read it and usually say "Big deal..." and go about their business, instantly forgetting whatever it is I said. Ho hum.

Anyway Northern California, I hope to see you around the forum pages.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 11:01:22 AM »
"Rare" and "Earth shattering" should not be associated with movie posters (unless you own a London After Midnight, of course).  We're all pretty much in the same boat here so fear not to share your collection with us.

And welcome.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
Yes we're all in the same boat here.................Some in the upper-deck first class and some in the Engine room as Stokers... ;)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing what you have so far.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
Yeah, welcome fella.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »
Yes we're all in the same boat here.................Some in the upper-deck first class and some in the Engine room as Stokers... ;)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing what you have so far.

I am in a dinghy trying to get onboard. Help! Throw down a ladder.  Welcome to APF

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »
Welcome Maulcreem?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »

Looking for you, Paul... where are you?

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 12:15:58 AM »
I am in a dinghy trying to get onboard. Help! Throw down a ladder.  Welcome to APF

;D
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »
I suppose when the big quake hits everyone in California will be either in the same boat or without a boat altogether...
Chris

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »
I suppose when the big quake hits everyone in California will be either in the same boat or without a boat altogether...

We'll certainly be up (a certain) creek withOUT a paddle!  EEK! 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »
De-pends.

cheers

-Jeff

Maulcreem

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'll take some photos of what I've got up and post them. The posters I have up are very well known though some are a little pricey. (Thanks grandma!)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 12:10:09 AM »

I'll take some photos of what I've got up and post them. The posters I have up are very well known though some are a little pricey. (Thanks grandma!)

Now that's an inheritance!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 12:30:01 AM »

Sounds Verrrryyy intriguing, Maulcreem.

Look forward to seeing some of your poster goodness!  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Maulcreem

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »
My grandma was very generous. She'd give me cash gifts over the years but insisted I spend it on things I liked so it'd be like gifts from her. I ended up using that money to buy most of my pricier posters I own.

The stuff I have displayed is all well known though now that I've been collecting a little longer I'm really liking some of the more esoteric styles. I'll post pics when I can figure out how to shrink the images from my phone.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »
My grandma was very generous. She'd give me cash gifts over the years but insisted I spend it on things I liked so it'd be like gifts from her. I ended up using that money to buy most of my pricier posters I own.

The stuff I have displayed is all well known though now that I've been collecting a little longer I'm really liking some of the more esoteric styles. I'll post pics when I can figure out how to shrink the images from my phone.

And remember, too, you have to host the image files on a pic site like photobucket or flickr, first. Then paste the jpg url between the "insert image" tags.That may also help with the resizing issue, too.   thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:22:14 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Maulcreem

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
Sorry, been busy with home and work life. The posters I display are up in a home office.

Maulcreem

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:59:54 PM by Maulcreem »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
Sorry, been busy with home and work life. The posters I display are up in a home office.

Nice Office!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:03:07 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »
Beautiful space and framed posters.

Bravo!

-Jeff