Author Topic: MoviePosterBid.com Auction Ends Today - Peeping Tom, the Big Heat, Thunderbolt &  (Read 9107 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia

MoviePosterBid.com Current Auction Ends Weds Night!
The current auction of Belgian posters including such great titles as Peeping Tom directed by Michael Powell, Polanski's Repulsion, the Reivers with Steve McQueen, Fritz Lang's film noir classic the Big Heat, Jayne Mansfield in Too Hot To Handle aka Playgirl After Dark and other titles. It's a short auction
Because we are just restarting auctions after a 3 month hiatus, as of this message, very many items are still at just $2.00
http://www.movieposterbid.com
Our next auction starts January 28th and is rolled one sheets and other rolled posters

Shop in our store..
During the past few weeks, we have been steadily working on an inventory of Posters, Comic Books, Pulps, Big Little Books and other collectibles we have in our warehouse.
This is a big job as we have over 250,000 items back there, but we are ready to start publishing some plain text lists.
To that end, we have a list of 750 titles of Rolled One Sheets that we have added to the webiste at:
http://www.movieposterbid.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42&Itemid=643
Condition is generally C-9/10 unused and all posters on this list are Rolled One Sheets.
Please also visit the MoviePosterBid Store Listings link for more titles and older posters

To request photos of the posters on that page, place an order or request more data for any poster style etc, please email us at warehouse@comic-art.com or you can just use the Contact Form
We are continuing through more inventory and estimate that there are still almost 1500 titles in our rolled posters tubes, plus of course 100,000 comic books and related items.
If you are interested in seeing lists of comic books, comic art, blb's, pulps and other collectibles, please email warehouse@comic-art.com

Did You Find A Bug?
Have you found a bug with the new software? As always, software comes with some bugs.
If you find one, please take the time to use the Contact page and let us know so that we can look into it & see about correcting the issue
We appreciate your help!

As always, we appreciate your taking the time to read this members-only message and please take a look at the text list link and store listings link. We hope there is something for each of you on our list.

Thanks
Richard Halegua
MoviePosterBid.com

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Hey Rich, have you sold off my posters on pay and hold and are now living off the proceeds? Will there ever be a poster auction again? What are you doing in the warehouse? Thanks

• Post-aholic
well you've jumped the gun on me a little bit as we aren't quite finished in the warehouse, but here is a photo comparison of what has been happening

this pic is from April of last year when an alien from Planet Randy came to visit.
as yu can tell, there was literally no room to work back there and the office area was just as cluttered. Because of this logjam (that had continued to pile up because an auction takes so much time, there isn't any time left to work on other material) it had become completely unbearable as a work environment and I had (as was noted in member emails) over a million dollars of inventory back there laying fallow.

Clearly that had to be remedied and so for about a year at this point we've been checkerboarding material back and forth in the warehouse (Brian likes to say that "we move stuff. we move stuff from he-ah to ovah he-ah and then we move it back to ovah he-ah") as I got more racks, more space, more racks, more space etc and now we are at this point shown below (actually a little further as this pic is already 2 weeks old)

really the only job left is to get some pieces for the final racking & 2 stacks of these comic boxes will be up off the floor and I'll have a 12x30 foot area cleared where work can take place, I can photograph 3 & 6 sheet posters easily and merchandise can be sorted, priced & listed for sale.

We haven't relisted the stuff you have paid for and held on the Pay & Hold shelves, but I've been considering it
 ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:24:56 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Thanks for the update Rich. I will patiently wait so you can start photographing those 3 & 6 sheets  ;D   I like the CRT's your saving as weights to help flatten posters. It is a good feeling doing a big tidy up, though I've have never had such a tidy up to do like this before.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
 :o

Amazing pics fella.

• Post-aholic
thanks fellas.. I was trying to add this post but I was unable to reach apf for a while.. back now:

as to auctions moving forward.. You've got me before I was ready to prep a members email that would explain that regular auctions are finished. (yes folks, finished)
I've explained some reasons before, but the facts are that $1 auctions at this point are a "race to the bottom"
There was a point when $1 auctions were useful, but facts are that movie posters is a small hobby and far too much material is being pushed out at dirt cheap prices from some quarters and it is killing the auction biz from some perspectives. MPB did reasonably well until a weekly supermarket selection at $1 opening bids began and slowly I saw profits being chipped away as lots of the material being offered was selling for lower & lower prices. In the past 2-3 years, that deterioration has been speeding up, which is no surprise when so much material is being offered and to be sure, while I endorse & participate in philanthropic ideals, the point of my business is not philanthropy. It is a capitalist endeavor and between falling prices as well as increased costs for all materials, the capitalist in me says "my time is more valuable than this"

-------

• Post-aholic
and the final part (is anyone else having trouble posting & getting an error message?)
Obviously I have been doing retail sales & I am headed back in that direction. Once the entire warehouse has been sorted & easy to work with, you will start seeing MPB get loaded up with set sale material - of all kinds.

Auctions will continue in some format, be it a monthly auction of some note and occasional (maybe quarterly) auctions of quality material only.

$1 auctions are finished. I will no longer contribute to the deterioration of "value" in this hobby. It was good at one point, now I see it as an unwise format that has no positive benefit to the hobby.

aside from that, I definitely am enjoying not having to chase deadlines which are actually rather stressful, a pain in the ass and were running my life.
I'm doing things that I enjoy, like seeing babes, playing poker and sleeping late. I don't plan on trading those in for deadlines again.

meanwhile.. can anyone use a theatrical light box poster display?
it's in perfect condition. However it is heavy - maybe 75 pounds or more (never weighed it.. I've only had to move it.. a few times) - so unless someone is willing to pay a huge shipping charge, it's for pick-up only.. $300

someone should probably buy this before it's too late

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
So are you planning to do auctions of $1,000 + material, is that the quality material you're talking about, or lesser priced inventory?  Every item will have a different starting price set by you?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
So are you planning to do auctions of $1,000 + material, is that the quality material you're talking about, or lesser priced inventory?  Every item will have a different starting price set by you?

T

from $50 to $?
will be heavily advertised auctions
considering many different formats.. until I start putting them together it's all in flux

these auctions are a lot of work.. I need to make sure they are worthwhile

-------

• Post-aholic
here's another picture, taken today from the back of the warehouse looking in.
as you can tell, there is way loads of room for working now and here is what will surprise you: every box or item in the first picture is in there in the last picture. I have done no wholesale batches to other dealers nor - as a matter of fact - has even a box left that area. It is all the same stuff, stored better.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:02:38 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I'm doing things that I enjoy, like seeing babes, playing poker and sleeping late.

babes love Mitsubishis
Really though, good on you Rich.
Looking forward to MPB opening many a box there thumbup

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Damn you cleaned up and found a whole car under there?!?! Wow

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Are you tidying up as you think you might have a babe over?

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve

Is that my pay and hold poster in your garbage bin?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Where are the bunkbeds?
Chris

Mirosae

Oh mama mia..i can see myself going crazy over there checking up every single box! :P

How many items do you have Rich? Bet you know where your most valuable are. ..

• Post-aholic
Oh mama mia..i can see myself going crazy over there checking up every single box! :P

How many items do you have Rich? Bet you know where your most valuable are. ..

250,000+ items and yu bet I know where every last item is
 ;)

Where are the bunkbeds?
don't you see the shelving?

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
250,000+ items and yu bet I know where every last item is
 ;)

My collection is soooo small :(

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
My collection is soooo small :(

T

our "poster collections" may be of similar size
my poster stock is different, because you like to throw out your extras...

:-P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:51:42 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
don't you see the shelving?

Is that what is behind all those ancient computer monitors?
Chris

• Post-aholic
Looking good Rich.

thanks Randy and keep in mind, every box & more than you are in the middle of in the first pic is still in that warehouse.
the tall racks I installed made all the difference

more pics coming.. we're still working on it & cleared even more space today as we filled the last rack

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
So when is the first sale?
My Personal Collection