Author Topic: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?  (Read 158761 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »
I apologise for any confusion, Thierry and Holiday.
You both know my thoughts on everything so I would hope you both agree I genuinely wasn't stirring up anything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:57:33 PM by bondposters »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
Thanks for that.  It's greatly appreciated.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »
Anyway, let's try to work together...

Comedic classic! Love it, best one this week, the Christmas break has been good to you - brilliant!!

David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
Comedic classic! Love it, best one this week, the Christmas break has been good to you - brilliant!!

The best part is that this spirit of camaraderie is taking place in the Egbert thread
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »
My oppressors will rue their abuse one day!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:11:43 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:09 PM »
It's interesting that this forum seems to be a microcosm of society in which the people demand to be free yet they secretly covet the idea of being controlled because they do not know how to do so themselves.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »
It's interesting that this forum seems to be a microcosm of society in which the people demand to be free yet they secretly covet the idea of being controlled because they do not know how to do so themselves.

So, not a bunch of poster collectors?
David

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »

Whoa.
I'm tripping.

Did you ever have that feeling that there's something happening in your universe?
Powerful forces are pulling you in several directions at once?

I know that this isn't the thread to ask this, but something is coming.
Something is on the horizon.

Nah.  I'm probably mistaken.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »

I know that this isn't the thread to ask this, but something is coming.
Something is on the horizon.

You may be right and I may be crazy but I think an Egbert post from Greg himself is on its way.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!  HE CAN TELL US HOW HE'S THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST.  WE ARE ALL IDIOTS.  HE WINS.  HE ALWAYS WINS.  WE ARE LOSERS!  HE SELLS TO EVERYONE WHO SELLS!  HE'S THE BEST.  HE'S AMAZING!

What a freak he is!

And, in case a few don't know about Egghead's posts, he always screams his ramblings and insults with the caps lock on.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »
OK, before this goes off topic.

Who farted?
David

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »
OK, before this goes off topic.

Who farted?

Take a guess.....

:-X

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2014, 11:46:23 PM »
What I miss from MPF...

OH MY YOU SOUND REAL AUTHORATATIVE AND LEGIT , EXCEPT IN FACT YOUR A MISERABLE PEON HOLIER THEN THOU HALF-WIT -YOU AIN'T A AUTHORITY OR SINCERE . I DO ALOT OF BUSINESS RETAIL AND WHOLESALE AND AS FOR YOU - YOUR JUST PLAIN NOBODY - I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOU AS YOU ARE NOTHING IN THIS BUSINESS . I AM THE SECOND LARGEST WHOLESALER AND ONE OF THE BIGGER RETAILERS OF THE MOVIE POSTERS OF THE LAST 30 YEARS . SO JUST PLAIN SAD IS A LOSER LIKE YOU WHO PRETENDS TO BE A AUTHORITY ON SOMEONE HE'S NEVER BOUGHT FROM AND DOESN'T KNOW AND JUST PLAIN DOES NO BUSINESS PERIOD - THATS SAD YOU BIG MOUTH LIAR . AGAIN I WILL REFER TO MY EBAY FEEDBACK THATS ALMOST A PERFECT 5 STARS FOR THE DSR - ITEM AS DISCRIBED ,AND THIS FROM PEOPLE pi**ed OFF AT MY LONG DELIVERY TIME !! WHICH I AM VERY MUCH IMPROVING AS OF LATE . THIS SPEAKS TO YOUR COMMENTS TRUTH AND IS REVEALING AS TO WHO YOU - THIERRY - AND THE ONLY HALF DOZEN OR SO PROLIFIC NEGATIVE POSTERS ABOUT ME ARE !! A BUNCH OF SAD LOSERS WITH NOTHING GOING ON IN THERE HEADS OR WALLETS, AND PROBABLY BROWN NOSING FOR LIEBERMAN OR SOMETHING SIMILIARLY PATHETIC .
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:47:01 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2014, 12:06:31 AM »
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Oh man, that is classic...

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
But does he have any strong feelings one way or another.  I'm not sure by the wishy washy wording he's using  wynk  .
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »
Here's a question I wonder how many people will answer truthfully:

If Greg (or any other questionable dealer) had a poster for sale that was authentic, hard to find and a great (cheaper than anywhere else) price, would you buy it to add to your collection, especially with eBay's Buyer Protection policy these days (if not purchasing direct from his website)?
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »
No Adam.  Never again.  

Let's be fair here, the man does sell genuine movie posters.  Along with reprints carefully labeled as authentic posters.  I think any seasoned poster collector could tell the difference.  But a lot of us have been duped in our early days by Egbert and have learned our lesson.  At this point, it is all about integrity, or the lack of.  I think we all need to stand together against crooks and make sure newbies learn from our mistakes.

T
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:02:01 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »
No Adam.  Never again.  

Let's be fair here, the man does sell genuine movie posters.  Along with a reprints carefully labeled as authentic posters.  I think any seasoned poster collector could tell the difference.  But a lot of us have been duped in our early days by Egbert and have learned our lesson.  At this point, it is all about integrity, or the lack of.  I think we all need to stand together against crooks and make sure newbies learn from our mistakes.

T
+1 I agree.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
I agree as well, T, but it would still be interesting to see how many would actually do what I said in my question.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
I'll go with T on this one as well.  Never dealt with the Egg man (googoogachoo), but Loce is on that same "list," and we had similar tastes for a long time.  Wouldn't buy from him.  Period.  Won't even look at his stuff.  Don't care if there's an original Mystery of the Leaping Fish for $1, he can keep it.

Some things are worth sticking to your guns for, not supporting the hobby assholes is one of them.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:06 AM »
Here's a question I wonder how many people will answer truthfully:

If Greg (or any other questionable dealer) had a poster for sale that was authentic, hard to find and a great (cheaper than anywhere else) price, would you buy it to add to your collection, especially with eBay's Buyer Protection policy these days (if not purchasing direct from his website)?

Sorry, but I have bought from him and I would again if it suited me. The difference is that I know what I'm doing.  If you're not absolutely certain, then don't.

I get Thierry and the others who as a matter of principle don't buy from him.  They are purer than I. I am a whore.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2014, 01:53:49 AM »
Sorry, but I have bought from him and I would again if it suited me. The difference is that I know what I'm doing.  If you're not absolutely certain, then don't.

I get Thierry and the others who as a matter of principle don't buy from him.  They are purer than I. I am a whore.

My couple of experiences ended well also. Not all perfect as I had one dispute which he cleared right up.

I called him.

It has been a while now and I dont know if he lists his number still but anyone looking for some great entertainment should call him.

I asked him a few questions for my entertainment....and I was entertained.  ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2014, 02:11:47 AM »

If Egplant was selling rare posters, I would understand the "whore" stance, but there is nothing he sells that cannot be found somewhere else.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
If Egplant was selling rare posters, I would understand the "whore" stance, but there is nothing he sells that cannot be found somewhere else.

T

True. I have lived and learned.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »

I have total faith in am terrified by the APF powers-that-be: