Author Topic: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?  (Read 158760 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - love or hate?
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:40 AM »
" AND THEY WOULD BE FULLY INSURED AT FULL VALUE"

Did you ask for your order to be declared with a lower value to avoid VAT?

I paid £37.25 VAT and royal mail handling fee on this order so, no.

• Collector
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:39 AM »
I believe in Karma now BTW bruce.

If Greg gets crushed by a rack full of damaged one sheets, i might too.

• Collector
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »
Didn't eBay already decide basically by pulling the feedback?

It's because it's ebay USA. They just barge in and do what they want. Like Iraq  :P
Ebay UK took my side and said the seller was at fault for not displaying actual photos of the poster.

I'm awaiting a phone call from ebay USA today but I'm betting it won't come.
I will need to complain a few more times for nothing to be done.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »
I must be very lucky, I've had one problem I think in over 12 years on ebay, and the seller refunded me after a few complaints.
My only real troubles were from ebay themselves as a seller (see other thread)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Charlie

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
It's because it's ebay USA. They just barge in and do what they want. Like Iraq  :P
Ebay UK took my side and said the seller was at fault for not displaying actual photos of the poster.

I'm awaiting a phone call from ebay USA today but I'm betting it won't come.
I will need to complain a few more times for nothing to be done.

eBay UK took my side in a recent transaction when a poster just never showed up...  I was trying to give the seller the full 45 days and when I went to file a claim since it was UK eBay I missed it by several hours...  I wrote them explaining that it was that day in the US...  They still let me file a claim.  Weird thing was the seller said he was going to refund but would never pull the trigger so I had to escalate and eBay refunded it and gave me a $10 coupon...

Maybe you UK boys aren't so bad after all...

• Collector
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
No phone call from ebay as expected.  >:(

• Collector
Re: Greg Egbert/movieposterbargains/PosterWorld - hate or hate?
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
Spoke to ebay 5 times now. Last time for an hour.

They say they based their decision to wipe the feedback and give me the warning on the fact that i asked the seller of some apple software for a refund even though i had the items, which i didn't! This guy listed a new and sealed retail copy of iLife '11 for sale which i bought. I waited 17 days and nothing came through even though he said he'd sent two copies as the first never arrived. So i asked for a refund as his story was changing everyday. On that very day he sent me his own used personal copy of iLife which is illegal to sell by law. So he got negative feedback and ebay uk refunded me. The guy even sent me a packing list with the description of 'Drop In DVD' on it!!

This was the grounds that the ebay.com team based their decision on saying that i was asking for refunds for goods already received. I never ever asked for a refund for Greg's posters. Not once did i say 'refund'.
They say they will be looking at this case again and be in touch next week. I'll believe that when it happens but i won't be giving up until the four feedback that was removed are reinstated. They obviously never contacted ebay uk or looked at the details of the feedback left when making their so called informed decision.

So the story continues....

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
I wish Egghead would stop by and say hi.  I remember his rants on MPF.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Collector
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »
I wish Egghead would stop by and say hi.  I remember his rants on MPF.

It'll get to the point where i 'invite' the pudgy bastard.

• Collector
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »
Love his 'description' on the damaged 'Why So Serious?' one sheet he's selling......

"This poster is slightly defective no big deal but has a very small about the size of a dine area at the very bottom almost to the bottom edge where the ink is slightly lighter , it's not missing it's just very lightly missing a very small amount of ink that lighten up this very small area a tad and the same on the back at the same spot"

Okay, so uuuhhh, what?

On the plus side he is admitting that he sells defective posters.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
 laugh1

Desk Job

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:02 PM »
it's not missing it's just very lightly missing
clap

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
it's not missing it's just very lightly missing clap

That deserves a round of  clap clap
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:35:34 PM by CSM »
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
whatever happened to Hallucination Generation?

plus this is an ace thread.

GO EGGY
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »

GO EGGY

He was never really here - it was all an hallucination
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »

GO EGGY

Great thread save!

EGGY FTW!  :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »
I'm amazed to no end that this charlatan still manages to sell his gear.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »
Having read his posts on that dead board, I just want to him to post here. I know he was being serious but that stuff is comedy gold.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »
I'm amazed to no end that this charlatan still manages to sell his gear.

Re read the first pages of this thread, there's at least a little liking going on. Sometimes people have selective blindness, like Andy was about his mean streets international (fake)

Cheap, near mint, "good titles" BARGAINS, sometimes people need to believe.
An Error Has Occurred!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »
Score one for Egbert.  Way back in the dark ages (pre-2009) I would buy a movie poster once in a blue moon.  I guess in the early 2000s I bought a rolled Dune advance from Egbert for $100+ (can't remember the exact price).  At the time I was one of the "unwashed masses" and had no clue that reproductions existed (and probably would not have cared).  Several years later as I really got into collecting I learned how to distinguish reproductions but was never really sure about the rolled Dune.  

Out of curiosity I recently won what appears to be a theater-used folded copy and - surprise - it is identical to the rolled one. Super-glossy, sharp text, 41" but with an odd "rough" texture in the art section and kinda looks laser-printed. The paper feels like "luster" paper that copy shops use.  I don't think I have any other posters like it and it's not like the other Dune posters I've owned (which are standard early 80s posters).  

Which leaves the question:  How do two dealers have unlimited numbers of perfect rolled version of these 30+ years after the movie came out (and bombed)?

http://shop.vendio.com/comicod/item/758054768/index.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNE-1984-MOVIE-POSTER-ADVANCE-VERSION-A-/321282879674

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:01:09 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
I have bought from Greg (non-Bond posters) and whilst I did receive authentic posters, I also received a few posters that weren't.
Worst still is that Greg did and does advertise reprint posters as originals.

Our forum exists to stir people away from liars, thieves, crooks and crazies, not to lure them in.

I fully agree.
Thierry, may be it would be a good idea to change the title of the thread a little to help warn buyers?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:50:41 PM by holiday »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2014, 03:41:33 AM »
So, even though I've never actually bought from this obviously paranoid schizo, I will say this about the Dune advance: even when I was collecting from the one major movie poster store in Denver, and out of the ads in the back of the magazine Premiere, even way, way back then in 1987-8, these were hard to find because everyone wanted one!  It seemed as though once I hooked up with, oh man, what was his name, he was in New York?  Crap forgot.  Anyway, he had a shit ton of them for $50 a pop, and I got my first one from him.  I think a lot of people knew just how awesomely cool this poster was, despite the fact that the film bombed!  I know I still think that it's both a cool movie (yeah David Lynch as Alan Smithee!!) and an infinitely more cooler super bonus happy smile time poster than every other Dune poster that was printed.  It's just a genuinely badass poster, from a desert planet with two moons! Who says I talk to myself?  Grumble grumble. Get out of the road! Honk honk!

Sorry, that was me just channeling my own inner Egbert (without the CAPS).

BTW, that same guy in NY was where I got an insert, half sheet, 30x40 and 40x60 ABSOLUTE MINT posters for Tron, all for $120 including shipping.  And I still have them all, minus the insert I gave to my Film History prof back in college.  Wish I would have kept that one, haven't ever found another. 

Those were the good old days.  Wish I would have had $300 for a pristine Touch of Evil.  Sigh.  My world for a time machine.  Go back and grab a few Frankenstein style A and B's, a Dracula, maybe a couple Invisible Dudes and a Mummy or eight.  And at least one King Kong 3SH, cause it's so f-ing cool.  And an Orange Julius.  Do they still have those?  And break dancing parachute pants.  Sorry, once Egbert-partitioned brain comes out to play, he never wants to go back into the attic to eat his fish heads.  BTW, for those that are counting, that's two Simpsons references now.

Bruce

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2014, 06:11:23 AM »
And an Orange Julius.  Do they still have those? 

They sell them at Dairy Queen. And as best as I can remember, they taste the same as they used to. Very nostalgic!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
To Adam and Mel:

Thierry did not delete his posts.  I deleted them.  I deleted them along with your posts regarding that trainwreck because it served absolutely no purpose other than to entertain those who like to watch trainwrecks.  Welcome to the new age....

And I remind each of you, there really was no point to your even asking about it other than to try and stir the pot a little. 

Let's stick to posters.  You each have your own websites.  if you would like to discuss other things, do so on your site, not ours please.

Thanks.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Let me apologize.  I don't know if Adam and Mel were stirring anything, and I regret that assumption in my part.  I realize that was actually me stirring!

I deleted Thierry's posts, at great risk to our relationship, because it served the forum better to have all hints of that messy conversation cut out.  Thierry's ok with it, but when he saw your posts, I think he felt a bit helpless (as if!) because he didn't do it.

Anyway, let's try to work together to keep things going as nicely as they have been for the past few days.  The fights really aren't needed, and I think most are truly tired of them.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery