Movie Posters > Show Us Your Collection!

Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)

(1/383) > >>

Monster_A_GoGo:
***Link to page 54 here : http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.msg224652.html#msg224652

***Link to page 54 here : http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.msg224652.html#msg224652

Hi there!  Despite the carnival-like title, my collection isn't all that groovy. In fact, despite having thousands of posters--all in storage of one kind or another at the moment until I move back into my house (which will be another year at least--unless I decide to move to the Bay Area or Washington state, but that's another story...), I have NOTHING on my walls where I'm living at the current time (EEK! NAKED walls! SHOCKING!!). That doesn't stop me from buying, buying, BUYING...and I've got tubes and boxes filled of posters that have yet to see the light of day since coming in to my possession.

So what I am posting is a sampling of my latest 10 purchases from the last week or so. The only way I can show you any of my other stuff is to show you my low-res video from 2008 I made of most of my framed movie posters at the time ( Here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDCf3DYtxOU&feature=youtu.be  ) or the movie poster thread I started on another site that shows my purchases since the beginning of 2015 (Here: http://forums.fanbolt.com/topic/61/movie-poster-collectors-thread/ )

But for my first official post here (which I also posted on that other site), I thought I'd share these very humble posters:

"SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED"!!!!  I think I already have a copy of this poster, but a back up is always nice. I mean, who wouldn't want another poster with a rampaging albino bigfoot running up the stairs? Zowie! Such a cheesy-fabulous poster for a cheesy-fabulous movie! WATCH OUT!!!

Next, one of my favorite films of the early 80s, "Tess". I soooo wanted this to win Best Picture the year it was nominated. I forgot what it lost to, but as I recall, it was just some lame Hollywood product movie. Directed by Roman Polanski, starring Nastassia Kinski and based on a Thomas Hardy novel, this was just a brilliant and beautiful film (and there was not a single zombie in sight! Wow!)

It's always cool to score a Boris Karloff poster, especially since I'll NEVER get any of the "Frankenstein" stuff from ANY of the releases (sigh...). I am pretty sure I already have a "Mondo Balordo" poster already--but with everything still packed away for another year, I can NOT be sure. Love those old "Mondo" flicks though...strange and weird and silly stuff (especially the obviously FAKED ones! Ha!).

Jeepers! Next up is the exploitation flick that could never be made today (wouldn't be PC at all!)...direct from the sleazy 70s it's "MANDINGO"!!! Again, I think I have a copy or two of this poster already. This poster is obviously trying to riff on "Gone With the Wind". Dino De Laurentis unleashed a lot of wonderful trash on the world! Ha!

"My Beautiful Laundrette"...NOT the most beautiful poster in the world, but... You ever go to buy something and look around to see what else the seller has, see a couple of "well, maybe...why not?" items and bid on all of them (the one item you really want and the other stuff you figure you'd pad out the shipping costs with, especially when those items close about the same time)...and you LOSE the ONE thing you really wanted and get stuck with the extraneous stuff?  This purchase is one of those instances. Oh well, the movie holds a weird sort of memory for me... So...

"MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD MONSTER LATE SHOW"---yes,if you saw this up for auction recently,I was the fool (???) who bought it. I apologize for the "emovieposter" watermark, but I could find no other picture of this poster online and it has not arrived yet. There was something about it--the sleazy, slapped together (from other movie art. The screaming woman from the 1981 "Nightmare" poster is fairly obvious) art work, the DARE YOU SEE IT horror verbiage and the fact they don't bother to mention which chillers the audience would be seeing (so ANYTHING could be shown---and the poster could be used again and again and again, perhaps?). It's the closest thing to one of those old late night horror program posters from the 50s and 60s I'll ever be able to afford, so I got it. Kind of cool, but kind of dull as well. (Could use a bit of color and pizzazz,perhaps...). Still very fun in its own way.

"THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED"--I saw this not too long ago. It was an late 60s/early 70s Euro thing and it was well made, nice location/sets and atmosphere...but kind of plodding. The twist ending totally reminded me of another 80s Euro slasher that I now realize totally ripped off the ending of HOUSE THAT SCREAMED. Anyway, it was cheap and...why not?

"PSYCHO BEACH PARTY"---Being a life long fan of the Frankie and Annette "Beach Party" films, I saw the play version of this years ago. The play--at least the version I saw--was hilarious. The movie...eh, not so much. I don't know what was lost in translation, but it almost seemed like a different story than the play I remembered. Oh well,it was set in the Beach Party era and the poster has some fun graphics and the title is groovy... Again,why not?

Another poster I am almost sure I already have, EMBRYO is a 70s sci-fi stinker starring Rock Hudson and a young Barbara Carrera (who? Look her up...). The movie is BORING (I thought so anyway), but the poster is kind of cool. And cheap.

My 10th and final poster for now is my goody goody gum drops poster de jour... "DINOSAURUS!" (Yes, the "!" IS part of the title! Ha!). From Jack H. Harris (the man who unleashed "THE BLOB" on the world) comes this crazy story of two dinosaurs and a caveman found intact but frozen. They are thawed out and silly sci fi fun ensues. How exciting to get this poster! "Alive with thrills that started a million years ago." Yippie!

I have a bunch of pictures on photobucket of other posters I have. They were originally on the poster thread of that other site, but when the site revamped itself,it killed all of the old pages. Those postings may be lost, but I might slowly start adding them on here. They are nothing fancy, but they are mine.

Thanks for looking. See ya next time. CHEERS!

Monster_A_GoGo:
I need to get to bed---UGH!  I have to be up in 5 hours! Yikes!---but I was so not impressed by my recent purchases that I had posted, so I decided to look into my photobucket listings from the old/deleted movie poster discussion chain I had posted on that other site and post my favorite 10 purchases from last year.

In no particular order...

"REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES" re-release. I love, love, LOVE this poster! Yes, it is only a re-release poster (completely different art than the original release) and yes, the movie is crap-a-rama boring. But it still speaks to me. Oooo wow! I am still thrilled all of these months later that I got it. :-)  I can't even explain why.

I'm a big "Tarzan" fan. I have all of the "Tarzan" posters up into the Gordon Scott era (the later titles), but anything earlier has always eluded me. Last year I scored a Lex Barker (talking Tarzan #2, after Weissmuller) title, "Tarzan's Peril". It may not be in the best shape, but it's colorful and a Lex Barker era--my first! I certainly never thought I get one that far back.  Zowie! (Everybody give a Tarzan yell: Ah-AH-ahhh!!!)

"Astro Zombies"!!!  This is the re-release poster for Ted V. Mikels schlock-o-rama sci-fi flick. Both the original poster and re-release have cool artwork, but this is the one came my way. WOW! Love it!!!

I had never heard of "I've Lived Before" until I came across the poster at auction. What cool artwork. I needed it. I bid...and lost. Another came up--same story. On and on and on until...MINE!  Whoo hoo!

"BLACULA"!!!  Jinkies! I was so surprised to land this one. I have owned the sequel poster, "Scream Blacula Scream: for a while, but the original? Always out of reach... I am trying to gather all of the blaxploitation horror film posters of the 70s. I had "Scream Blacula Scream", "Abbey" (the "Black Exorcist"), and "Sugar Hill" (voodoo zombies!), but was missing a few key pieces. "Blacula" was one of them, and certainly the most well known. And, tuh-duh! Last year, it became MINE!

Not long after scoring "Blacula", I lucked out with another of the elusive blaxploitation horror posters---"Dr. Black / Mr. Hyde"!  Yippie yippie yaHOO!

I've never seen "PRISON GIRLS", but I am a sucker for gimmicks advertised on posters. Vintage 3D poster? I'm there!  This one was unusual because nothing was seemingly being thrust out to the viewer. Instead there's this weird perspective that you are surrounded by the prison gals looking down at you. Very unusual and cool in my book.

"BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE"--beautiful old horror poster. WOW! This is not a picture of the poster I won. I don't know why I didn't save a photo from the auction or take one when it arrived. Mine is a little rough, but not too shabby. I am delighted with it. I totally dig it. Can't wait to hang it.

"NARCOTIC STORY"looks so wonderfully campy. I can't wait to hang it up.Of course, the big syringe on the movie poster reminds me that I am a movie poster addict. Is there a 10 step program for people like us?  Ha!

And that brings me to No. 10....(which I'm debating about. Ha! Is it this one, this one or this one? Hmm...). I guess I'll go with "Lady Frankenstein"!   Only the monster she made could satisfy her strange desires... Ha! Gotta love the monster art and the laboratory. Crappy movie more or less, but fun and colorful poster.

Okay--those are my 10 faves I got last year. I'll addmore to this as I either get more or dig through my photobucket archives. Thanks for looking. I know they're not as lovely and cool as some of yours, but I'm kind of digging them in a far out way. Yabba  dabba doo! 

CHEERS!

50s:
Great effort MAGG! Many desirable posters there for sure. I wish I had a Prison Girls in 3D, many years have gone by and still without one. Nice to read you commentary on each of them. Well done!

eatbrie:
I concur.  Some really fun stuff there.  I need to start making a list.

r

Monster_A_GoGo:
UGH...good morning. Why am I awake? Oh yeah, I gotta go to work... Waaagh.

Hi Steve and T. Thanks for stopping by. I'd offer you some coffee but I haven't got any made yet---and I'm already running late. Help yourselves to a Pop Tart,maybe? I've got to get in the shower, but I appreciate your input.

Scrub-a-dub-dub and cheers to you.

Have a go-go groovy day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version