Author Topic: Artist Russel Harmon -My 1st & Greatest Piece of Artwork. Frankenstein 3 Sheet!  (Read 15065 times)

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Wanted to share some amazing pieces made by Russel Harmon...This guy is extremely talented!!! Very meticulous and the best thing is he is a movie poster lover/collector and shares the passion and knows his poster stuff! Gave up his 9-5 Ten years ago to do what he loves and does best. These are all charcoal drawings below and are simply stunning.

Once I saw the pictures below I immediately imagined Frankenstein.
The best thing is he was just as excited to do the Frankie 3sh as I am to have it done. I know what you are thinking and no its not full size.  I wanted it at 36 tall which is far more manageable. I couldn't wait for the reproductions of the Frankenstein 3 sheet any longer (might be a while since a really really his-res image would needed?).

Here are some teaser pics. jump to the link below for more on his Deviant Art pages. So far he has 401 commissioned pieces under his belt!
Help a friend out and become number 402! His contact details are below the pictures.

Russel Harmon reachable at 530-564-2311 or blackandlightco@yahoo.com

More examples (hopefully many more to come!) http://objectivereflective.deviantart.com/gallery/

So I will update this thread with work in progress pictures he is kindly sending my way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:15:54 AM by jedgerley »

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Great stuff, can't wait to see the frankie rendition. Looks like he can do it justice.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Nice and good idea, too, Jason.

Im sure he will do Frankie proud!

:)

-Jeff

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I bet he is the man to do it. He has done many Universal Horror works a client in Austrailia who is decking out his horror themed restaurant with Russel's work. I will see if I can find some pictures.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:27:08 PM by jedgerley »

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I bet he is the man to do it. He has done many Universal Horror works a client in Australia who is decking out his horror themed restaurant with Russel's work. I will see if I can find some pictures.

Cant share photos till the restaurant launches.... waiting1

Well here is a teaser pic of my Franky 3sh. which he has finished up.  

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:56:09 AM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Looking good there, Jason! Even tho you commissioned this piece, did he ask you to hold off, as more a favor, until the restaurant opened? Or was that stipulated from the outset?

thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:04:34 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Looking good there, Jason! Even tho you commissioned this piece, did he ask you to hold off, as more a favor, until the restaurant opened? Or was that stipulated from the outset?

thumbsup.gif

I cant share photos of the restaurant that I quoted in my previous post. 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I cant share photos of the restaurant that I quoted in my previous post. 

Yeah.. I understand that.. i was more thinking showing your entire piece fully, until the restaurant opened. That maybe he had asked to hold off, as a favor, until the place opened.  ;)

-Jeff

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Yeah.. I understand that.. i was more thinking showing your entire piece fully, until the restaurant opened. That maybe he had asked to hold off, as a favor, until the place opened.  ;)

cool cool. I would show more if I had the picture. I didnt want to see even that much but he sent me a text of it and I had to look. I will post the complete image hopefully by the end of the week? we shall see.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Sounds good to me, Jason!!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Looks very nice
Chris

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I couldn't wait to take my own picture..... it should be arriving by the end of this week.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:31:43 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Looks great, Jason!!

clap clap clap clap

-Jeff

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Looks great, Jason!!

clap clap clap clap

thank you thank you, I am pleased.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Very nice recreation.
Stupid question: did he paint it in color?

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
He does these in charcoal. In person its ridiculous.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
It is outrageous. So on the money.
He did this live? In front of you?

Online jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
It is outrageous. So on the money.
He did this live? In front of you?
It would be fun to watch him draw for a bit. He probably has over 100 hours into this piece.  It does looked painted because he was recreating the brush strokes too. crazy
I will have some limited prints of this and some huge 3 Sheet prints coming my way soon.